Fordmods Logo

Home modded EF/AU Inlet, power increase!!!!!! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Home modded EF/AU Inlet, power increase!!!!!!
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hi my fellow Ford gods. I spent the weekend modding my BBM inlet manifold, it's an EF Monty. The car is smoother under acceleration, and has way better power and ressponse. It's a combo of small things that really worked on my car, you guys might be interested. There is a big depression in the bottom half of the inlet manifold in the centre, I cut and molded a piece of aluminium to a pyramid shape and covered it and the tin gasket had to be cut around. I covered the depression at the back of the plenum inside near the T-body with a piece of tin. The butterfly rod in the manifold, which is in 2 pieces and the butterflies slot between was cut in half leavingv the thread side for the screws to bite into. The actual butterflies we're halved in width on the bench grider. I cut the manifold gasket that sits against the head to the same size as the inlet ports, they are pretty rough stock. Also added a BA induction tube, BA airbox with the internal ribs removed, K&N Pod and AU Tickford snorkel. Also, as has been mentioned on here I moved the butterfly vacume tab up so that the butterflies fully open. The beast is otherwise bog stock, but it is quite a bit quicker than stock now, woot!!

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Pictures, Pictures

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I've only got 2, my fu%^wit brother nicked off to Perth with the bloody camera..I was thinking how hard it is to xplain sh!t while I was typing without pics, lol. stocko butterfly and shaft on right.

Attachments:
valves.JPG
valves.JPG [ 38.92 KiB | Viewed 125 times ]

Last edited by cboz on Mon May 19, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Yeah, it fukin looks dodge, but it improves air direction instead of it all going into the big depression underneath and then being sucked out of it.

Attachments:
P3301239.JPG
P3301239.JPG [ 30.37 KiB | Viewed 108 times ]

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

BA box and tube which has been done and seen before..

Attachments:
P4041258.JPG
P4041258.JPG [ 62.49 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

QLD, Australia

cboz wrote:
BA box and tube which has been done and seen before..

how did u get that ba filter box in

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

with that BA air box, did you have to replace the lower half of the box aswell or does the BA top half fit onto the EF/EL lower half? im looking at doing this to my Fairmont.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

mmmm, that looks nice.. have to look into doing that myself ..

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 03 BA

NSW, Australia

sound good but im lost as to what the pics , an how u done . would like to try if i new what im looking at lol :D

Post subject: Re: Home modded EF/AU Inlet, power increase!!!!!!
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

cboz wrote:
Hi my fellow Ford gods. I spent the weekend modding my BBM inlet manifold, it's an EF Monty. The car is smoother under acceleration, and has way better power and ressponse. It's a combo of small things that really worked on my car, you guys might be interested. There is a big depression in the bottom half of the inlet manifold in the centre, I cut and molded a piece of aluminium to a pyramid shape and covered it and the tin gasket had to be cut around. I covered the depression at the back of the plenum inside near the T-body with a piece of tin. The butterfly rod in the manifold, which is in 2 pieces and the butterflies slot between was cut in half leavingv the thread side for the screws to bite into. The actual butterflies we're halved in width on the bench grider. I cut the manifold gasket that sits against the head to the same size as the inlet ports, they are pretty rough stock. Also added a BA induction tube, BA airbox with the internal ribs removed, K&N Pod and AU Tickford snorkel. Also, as has been mentioned on here I moved the butterfly vacume tab up so that the butterflies fully open. The beast is otherwise bog stock, but it is quite a bit quicker than stock now, woot!!

Ok cboz, can you tell us exactly how much more power it has and how much faster it is now? In other words before and after dyno figures and 1/4 mile times.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by cboz on Tue May 20, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

cboz wrote:
badkiwi wrote:
sound good but im lost as to what the pics , an how u done . would like to try if i new what im looking at lol :D

yeah shocking explanations imo, lol. Probably all that's worth taking note of is that the BA Box and tube works sweet on the EF-AU Falcons and if anyone ever has there inlet manifold off to match port the head/manifold gasket as it is a bit smaller than the holes in the head.

The airbox goes in pretty easy, but u do need to bash in slighly a small protruding bump in the inner guard which has no ill effects on the car. The BA induction pipe is nice and direct.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

cboz wrote:
cboz wrote:
badkiwi wrote:

yeah shocking explanations imo, lol. Probably all that's worth taking note of is that the BA Box and tube works sweet on the EF-AU Falcons and if anyone ever has there inlet manifold off to match port the head/manifold gasket as it is a bit smaller than the holes in the head.

The airbox goes in pretty easy, but u do need to bash in slighly a small protruding bump in the inner guard which has no ill effects on the car. The BA induction pipe is nice and direct.
2 mins bashing it with a hammer is all i did to get my ba air box in sweet...

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

fordfreak ef wrote:
cboz wrote:
cboz wrote:
badkiwi wrote:

I got the BA box idea of you in the 1st place mate.......cheers.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

cboz wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
cboz wrote:
cboz wrote:
badkiwi wrote:

I got the BA box idea of you in the 1st place mate.......cheers.
hah.. no worries... its what this site is all about isnt it!.. :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next