Fordmods Logo

i am gutted smashed the ED XR last night 

Page 1 of 6 [ 80 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: i am gutted smashed the ED XR last night
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

VIC, Australia

Well last night on the way home from the movies with the missus i got a little crossed up and got slung into a bank the spun round and my back hit it too, i am shattered i love this car and i dont no what do do with it yet, not sure if its fixable i will post pics up wen i get home feon work... :cry:

Post subject: Re: i am gutted smashed the ED XR last night
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Not insured?

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Nope :(

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Man I feel your pain, but you gotta have them insured I learnt the hard way with my ZD many years ago! hope you can get it fixed.

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

full comp on an e-series costs SFA these days, but thats what happens when the market value is <2k

then you gotta think about being paid out only 2k for your pride n joy and if the insurance was really worth it?

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
full comp on an e-series costs SFA these days, but thats what happens when the market value is <2k

then you gotta think about being paid out only 2k for your pride n joy and if the insurance was really worth it?

Insure it with someone who will do agreed value for a reasonable amount. I have a few times the market value as my current insured value on my EB Ghia. Would get enough to replace it or to get my Xr8 hauling a***, which ever way I decided to go..

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ash wrote:
Sorry to hear about your car mate....

i dont share the same pity......... he drove like a C**k, come undone, and now he has to pay

hopefully lesson learnt!!

and before the tyrade starts, if he cared about his missus & his car as much as he claims, then he would drive accordingly.....

but i know that being "crossed up" is a common natural occurence to alot of people here..... im betting the road was "greasy" or something lol

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Ash wrote:

i dont share the same pity......... he drove like a C**k, come undone, and now he has to pay

and before the tyrade starts, if he cared about his missus & his car as much as he claims, then he would drive accordingly.....

but i know that being "crossed up" is a common natural occurence to alot of people here..... im betting the road was "greasy" or something lol

true but youmdont know if ther was any other contributing factors. such as somthing on the road?.. oil sand or somthin. avoiding a pedestian.. many things can make you fuk up quikly..

and sure sometimes we just be an idiot for 10 seconds. most of the time its un-noticed. sometimes it bites you in the butt.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

i agree with ash, i was going to come down with the hammer like fordfairmont, but at the end of the day i've done stupid things myself. a cars replaceable, people arent. that lesson shines a bit harder than insuring your car, which while were on the topic, i was once told if you can't afford insurance you can't afford the car. at the time i may not have seen it, but these days i totally agree.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Ash wrote:

And you drive to every letter of the law?

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Im glad to hear you & all concerned are ok, it is only a car & its not the end of the world.

however, I really hope we don't have another one of those 'i did something stupid & looking for sympathy/advice' threads. I really really dont want it to be so :(

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:09 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks to everyones inputs and yes i am young and ten seconds of stupidness and i have to pay the price, but as mentioned the most important thing is that me and the missus are ok... lesson definatly learnt, and i now hate lsd's with a passion, either go lokka or open wheeler so you no how the car will react in situations like this, and yes the road was extremely greasy.. and no this is not a thread to claim sympathy just sharing my car troubles with other ford lovers like the site is made for, and when i get around to putting pics up, i hope too get some helpfull advice on wat to do and how to get back on the road, everyone makes mistakes and unfortunately last night was my time so anyone wants to be a smart a**'s save it for another thread, cos im a genuine young bloke that loves his cars and is gutted hes hurt his pride and joy... cheer fellas will post pics in the morn

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Waggin wrote:
And you drive to every letter of the law?

Nowadays, yes.........

When i was his age...... hell no !!!..... i was a danger to everyone including myself, and not only did i damage my cars, but i copped a few punches from angry bystanders too

I deseved everything that came to me as a consequence of my actions, i copped the flack accordingly and there were some tough lessons, so no i dont feel the need to post the typical feel good repsonses lol, its my turn to dish it out !! :P

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Let's not blame the diff, I'm getting sick of the whole LSD /open/ locker s**t, you drive according to conditions and what you've got if you can't do that you'll be in trouble as a hell of a lot of cars have LSD so they can't be that bad! I've done plenty of dumb things but I know who's fault it was never had to blame the diff though! :roll:

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

well no need to jump on him now. lol.
I know what he means as he says its the diff.
its just because he isnt used to it. i had a car for yeard with a open centre diff and you could chuk it around everyware and it would useually be ok.
Then hop into a car with a lsd and when you loose it it basically feels like the back end is sliding on ice.
This ofcourse takes expirience with lsd s to get used to and controle. when your used to it and you know what your car is gonna do in almost any situation its great fun :twisted:

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next