Fordmods Logo

I'm interested in buying this fairmont right, but... 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: I'm interested in buying this fairmont right, but...
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 174

Joined: 20th Jan 2006

Gallery: 2 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

...when it was idleing and we had the bonnet up, I noticed this clicking noise every few seconds... Not sure if it's cause for concern... I am going to get RACV test before purchase but was hoping some of you guys may be able to shed some light onto what it might be?

Extra info - It's an 94 EF fairmont, couple of dings here and there, but in fairly good condition, 160,000kms
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

thats the injectors making that ticking noise

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 174

Joined: 20th Jan 2006

Gallery: 2 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Aaah I see, they're supposed to do that?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

yep your completely safe mate
its completely normal

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 174

Joined: 20th Jan 2006

Gallery: 2 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Schaweeeet, thanks heaps :)




(sorry if it was a stupid question)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

to save a bit of money look for these problems

Rust inside the doors
rust anywhere near the car
look at the dip stick if oils low it might be burning it
check if the gearbox changes gears smoothly
check for exhaust leaks like holes in the exhaust
check the water in the reservoir tank if on MAX thats good make sure its not loosing water you might have problems down the track
Check Brakes, tyres,
make sure the boot doesnt smell like water
these heaps more but others will addon

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

timmay_73 wrote:
Schaweeeet, thanks heaps :)




(sorry if it was a stupid question)


first time ford owner?

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

Falcon96kickass wrote:
to save a bit of money look for these problems

Rust inside the doors
rust anywhere near the car
look at the dip stick if oils low it might be burning it
check if the gearbox changes gears smoothly
check for exhaust leaks like holes in the exhaust
check the water in the reservoir tank if on MAX thats good make sure its not loosing water you might have problems down the track
Check Brakes, tyres,
make sure the boot doesnt smell like water
these heaps more but others will addon


You forgot the main one! Look for s**t down the side of the block! Also ask if the head gasket has been done and when!

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 174

Joined: 20th Jan 2006

Gallery: 2 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

kezz wrote:
Falcon96kickass wrote:
to save a bit of money look for these problems

Rust inside the doors
rust anywhere near the car
look at the dip stick if oils low it might be burning it
check if the gearbox changes gears smoothly
check for exhaust leaks like holes in the exhaust
check the water in the reservoir tank if on MAX thats good make sure its not loosing water you might have problems down the track
Check Brakes, tyres,
make sure the boot doesnt smell like water
these heaps more but others will addon


You forgot the main one! Look for s**t down the side of the block! Also ask if the head gasket has been done and when!



Wow! Thanks for all the info, will definitely keep all this in mind, tempted to even print it off as a checklist :P

And yeah, not just first time ford owner, first time car owner...

Front bumper has minor damage, contemplating whether its worth the expense... How much would a new front bumper for an EF cost??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

on behalf of all the fordmodders we'd like to welcome you to fordmods
its addictive mate

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

Front bumper has minor damage, contemplating whether its worth the expense... How much would a new front bumper for an EF cost??

_____

It depends if you want a new one or a second hand one thats a different color
like minimum $150

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm interested in buying this fairmont right, but...
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 1667

Joined: 23rd Dec 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

timmay_73 wrote:
...when it was idleing and we had the bonnet up, I noticed this clicking noise every few seconds... Not sure if it's cause for concern... I am going to get RACV test before purchase but was hoping some of you guys may be able to shed some light onto what it might be?

Extra info - It's an 94 EF fairmont, couple of dings here and there, but in fairly good condition, 160,000kms


the ticking may also be the lifters..

 

_________________

Image
[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm interested in buying this fairmont right, but...
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

sexyr6 wrote:
timmay_73 wrote:
...when it was idleing and we had the bonnet up, I noticed this clicking noise every few seconds... Not sure if it's cause for concern... I am going to get RACV test before purchase but was hoping some of you guys may be able to shed some light onto what it might be?

Extra info - It's an 94 EF fairmont, couple of dings here and there, but in fairly good condition, 160,000kms


the ticking may also be the lifters..



we could also ask how loud was it i mean the injectors are pretty quiet and the lifters are noisy

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 174

Joined: 20th Jan 2006

Gallery: 2 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Ohhh i see. The ticking wasn't that loud, definitely wasn't audible with the bonnet shut. If it were the lifters would that be a problem..? Or still just normal??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 512

Joined: 6th Feb 2006

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Falcon Classic

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

if u cant hear it when the bonnet is shut then its probably your injectors mate, my lifters can be heard from the next suburb.

 

_________________

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:56 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names