Page 3 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

Want extractors?

I've got an awesome set of Advance extractors for $250ish if you're interested. They've only been on the car for about a year.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

f**k sick looks similar to mine with a full tank of petrol

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: boonga ute

SA, Australia

thats with no petrol and an almost empty tank of gas :p

i had 3 work guys in the back the other night looked like there were no wheels a good 300+ kg in the back i was asked if i had any shocks as their heads hit the roof

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Jim Beam wrote:
You on your P's yet mate?

(before any moron from another state says he's only 16, we can get our P's when we are 16 and a half)

SA FOR THE WIN HARHAR!

Yeah, cam and exhaust will give you some more powa! :)

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

SA, Australia

firstly welcome to fordmods, secondly come to the cruises when we have them, thirdly yeah its because of these laws that I've just turned 21 and I've almost had my full license for 2 years now.

Follow everyones advice, and don't be stupid on the road, cops here will pull you over if your being stupid or if your car doesn't look stock and you've got P plates in the window and if you do be nice, mate got let off of a defect cause he was nice and said he'll fix it up tomorrow, rims i think you'd get away with though.

Look forward to seeing you on a cruise, local Cruise mods are MadMatt and MoNGooSE both great people

My EL Gli.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Futura, GSXR600, ZZR250

NSW, Australia

Your first priority should be making sure the car is running the way it should, that means changing all fluids and filters, new leads and plugs and running a few tanks of injector cleaner through (although there is debate how well it works).

Keep off that right pedal until you have more experience. Driving isn't just about keeping the car on the road and obeying rules, it's about preparedness for the unexpected, and how to react properly when it happens (not if). It takes several years for your hazard perception skills to develop to adequate levels and from there you keep learning. I can say for certain they have saved my bike (if not my life) at least once.

The EL certainly isn't the fastest car around, but it still has more than enough power to get you into trouble.

Team povo uni student

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Geez, what is it with Kids these days :roll: I remember when I was 16, my XD fairmont 4.1 seemed more then enough- a decent EL I6 with 157fwkw should be and is more then enough to learn in!!!!

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

EB S-pac wrote:
so your an L plater wanting a fast car. maybe you should just learn to drive 1st. lol

do they have any modifying laws an SA?

na, he'll be right.

listen, you need a stage 6 nitrous wet shot kit with a couple of electric superchargers and one of these ---> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/22-HP-Gain-Intak ... dZViewItem

just dont forget to put your 5 point racing harness on before you drive

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:49 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
EB S-pac wrote:
so your an L plater wanting a fast car. maybe you should just learn to drive 1st. lol

na, he'll be right.

listen, you need a stage 6 nitrous wet shot kit with a couple of electric superchargers and one of these ---> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/22-HP-Gain-Intak ... dZViewItem

I knew an electric charger quote would come up.. just suprised it took so long.

My advise is to do things in an order similar to this..
1. Brakes -good pads and fluid
2. Bushes - Nolathane or rubber just fresh ones is the point here
3. Tyres - Decent rubber not some s**t ling longs or something, better to have cheap mags and good rubber than good mags and cheap rubber.
4. Springs + Shocks - steps 1,2,3 and 4 all make sure your car can handle, more important to stop and handle than go fast.

5. Get the engine to breathe, intake and exhaust, IE CAI extractors exhaust (not 'zorst as some idiot announced, what car do we drive, surely we can speak english correctly. besides there are is only 1 more keystroke to type exhaust as 'zorst)

6. Internals Start looking at cams and other associated items.

7. Stereo gear = weight = slower. keep that in mind. (only marginaly slower though. Avoid Doof doof. if you do have to listen to the Doof get a lancer as a 2nd car for door door listening.)

end of the day its your car develop it anyway you want.. but do it in good taste.

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

hey at the easternats this yr i went a got to drive my cousins VS Statesman around sandown that was wicked and im only 17 and on my L's the cops sed to me that i cant drive in the cruize but the rules say that a learner can drive any car so i was cruzien round sandown in a VS statesman that cant even do a fkn burnout coz its to fkn heavy but i loved it seeing the mint cars the f**k turbos massive V8s fkn wiked
thats my story catch

BRENT#24-go the SAINTERS

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
EB S-pac wrote:

na, he'll be right.

I knew an electric charger quote would come up.. just suprised it took so long.

My advise is to do things in an order similar to this..
1. Brakes -good pads and fluid
2. Bushes - Nolathane or rubber just fresh ones is the point here
3. Tyres - Decent rubber not some s**t ling longs or something, better to have cheap mags and good rubber than good mags and cheap rubber.
4. Springs + Shocks - steps 1,2,3 and 4 all make sure your car can handle, more important to stop and handle than go fast.

5. Get the engine to breathe, intake and exhaust, IE CAI extractors exhaust (not 'zorst as some idiot announced, what car do we drive, surely we can speak english correctly. besides there are is only 1 more keystroke to type exhaust as 'zorst)

6. Internals Start looking at cams and other associated items.

7. Stereo gear = weight = slower. keep that in mind. (only marginaly slower though. Avoid Doof doof. if you do have to listen to the Doof get a lancer as a 2nd car for door door listening.)

end of the day its your car develop it anyway you want.. but do it in good taste.

What he said, dont just put springs in your car with the standard shocks, they handle like s**t and dont respond quick enough.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

vs v6 statos are slow as my mates vn blows the doors off my mates vs stato and and they cant even do stand stills aparantly they have an imbiuld traction control or some s**t or there just slow as with a stock v6 engine and heavy a*** end

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
EB S-pac wrote:

na, he'll be right.

haha speaking of electric superchargers my cousin brought one when turn it on nothing happens it still feels the same i mean the fan spins but you notice nothing so i slapped him

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
phongus wrote:
Froudey wrote:
wait til ya 18...

Good advice thus far.

In my opinion, only start modding if you can afford the money yourself, and not leeching of parents.

But yeah, what others have said with minor mods...exhaust, air intake, snorkel and if you want, K&N filter...better breathing and response (so i have noticed.

I reckon Learners should only be allowed to learn in a stock car, to learn the basics, hazard perception and also thinking ahead...not many people think ahead these days.

phong =P~

Funny thing that in NSW, on ya learners you can drive like turbos and v8's and high preformance cars (with licensed driver of course) but once you get ya p plates, little stock 4cyls and 6cyls... (but seems like the rules are all over the place as a p plater can drive a v8 as long it is under 150 horsepower or something along them lines)

Can only drive the Turbo/V8/High Performance car on your L's if Its the only car owned by your family. If there is another car that is not a high performance vehicle then you are required to drive that and not the beast. Got it?

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98' el

SA, Australia

yeah my dads got a turbo volvo, and a 5 litre stato. nd i drive them both on my L's.. the sato is pretty sluggish but, when he plants it off the lights the wheels wanna spin all the time

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next