im 16 and need power 

Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Woah, attack of the pre teens.

Look at the title. I'm 16 and need power. What does that say to you? Obviously this guy has exercised every single kiloWatt from his car in the most brutal fashion and it no longer satisfies him.

And how should one act after reading pages and pages of threads just like this one. Should I encourage and harbour this mentality? I think not. I was 16 once too and had the exact same mindset. And you know what brought me back into line? Being told to shut the F$#K up by older members of the group I hung with. Don't you guys have any mentors in your group or are you the ring leaders?

It seems with you guys these days if people aren't supporting you 100% then they are dead set against you. Haven't you ever head the tag line "Its for your own benefit"? Or do you guys think to yourselves "so and so says that cause he is jealous" every time you hear that line.

First things first. You've only held your license a handful of months and probably have less than 1000kms driving experience. Learn to drive first and get to know your limits real well. Then and only then can you search for power. I'll stand by those words till the day i die.

Oh and has anyone seen our mate jonny's attitude change slightly towards the end of the thread. First he appeared slightly gutted when advised he should not think about power and now he comes across as claiming he started the thread merely to see how many bites he could get. At least when i form an opinion I stick to it.

Last edited by xcabbi on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

5 speed conversion + 3.45 XR6 gears!

Ford Falcon EA Naturally Aspirated 4.0L i6
13.797 @ 157.16km/h (Limiter Bounce)

1/4 Mile Video

Post subject: yeah
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98' el

SA, Australia

mm i was thinking that--i was talking to my cousin the other night and he suggested the same thing--- i know the gears could cost around 1200....how much for the manuel conversion? ive heard it helps heaps ?

cheers mate..much appreciated

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Depends if you do the work or pay a shop to do it. Could be between 2 and 4k all up.

Post subject: cheers
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

ohhh kk thankyou--well did u think that maybe this would be a better idea then exhaust and extractors to start with? and i'd only want manuel, for driving properly-its more fun - not for going sideways..thanks for ur help

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

Manual conversion is 1250 drive in, drive out at Olympic Motor Wreckers here. And 3.45 LSD is about 600-700 at the same place.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

who supplys the box? the owneror the shop?

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

mm and another thing xcabbi..i do have a moentor--my dad,,but he is the exact same as all of the boys on this website--he tells me i dont need power,,and i listen and i think about it,,ive realised i dont need it but "i wouldnt mind a little bit more" is that a more suitable question? ohh yes my das the same as u guys coz hell tel me i dont need it...well wen he was 18 he bought his first car..wat was it? a 3 speed 265 hemi charger with double barrel webbers...mmm and he tells me i dont need it---but im sure i should listen to u older blokes....and i doo dont get me wrong--i dont just blow off ur comments i take them in ok? cheers

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

MoNGooSE did u think it would be worth it?

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Then what the hell was that second pm about. Where you have had so many years with karts and you know many 16 year old females who drive 12 second drag cars therefore you know your limits,followed by several expletives and suggesting i masturbate on a regular basis. I don't think you took my advice on when you wrote that pm. You can be such a two faced immature little b**ch sometimes.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

E series manual s**t all over the auto
i have owned both and my manual tears the auto to pieces

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

Guys... stop bickering.

I don't agree that a 16 year old needs any more power than a Falcon already has. But the raw truth is that he asked a question and the only replies he should be getting in this thread are ones that answer his question... If you don't agree with what he wants to do then just don't post. It's simple.

And that price includes a second hand T5 box and all accessories. It also includes a 3 month warranty on parts.

And to be honest, I've never driven a manual falcon. Only autos! I've heard that manual falcons feel like you're putting the power to the ground a lot better. But autos are still about as fast. Even faster if you install a hi-stall converter and shift kit.

But from experience, LSD's are worth it.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

dude like serioulsy u make no sense--nd i sent that 1 after u sent me the first one--nd u must read it like 2 minutes ago------but yeah i like people saying s**t bout people when they dont know n e hting bout them.....i could be cripple, i could be a rapist, i could be a homosexual..im not im just a sixteen year old kid trying to talk cars,,not to argue so yeah say wat u want about me,,but yeah im not gettin angry that ur saying this stuff- i just realise that maybe different people have different opinions like u said-- and i accept thatkk..... well catch u later mate

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

ahh kk cheeers mongoose!!! im glad that u said that-- that last coommet was for xcabbi n e wayzz... btu yeah ok ill look in to both options laters!!

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

just throw a 5spd and a 3.45lsd in, it wont increase kwts but it will feel like it has more power. once you get used to that then start the search for more power. you will be pleasntly surprised how much diference a manual will make.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next