Fordmods Logo

Is 300KW N/A at the fly possible? 

Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Is 300KW N/A at the fly possible?
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

go by the old rule,

400hp at engine is around 298kw at the engine (400/1.342 =298.06)

298kw at the wheels 222rwkw (298/1.342 =222.2)

I think it would be possible if someone has 217rwkw on a NA 4.0L

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

milo 302 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
250 bhp = 185kw at the fly. Thats pretty achievable! It would only be around 150rwkw!

250 bhp is at the tyres not the flywheel, brake horsepower isnt at ther motor only foreign people say that(top gear) it is equivalent to 186.5 kw at the tyres.
And yes the hemi 6 makes 350hp at the tyres(coz its a hemi :D )

?
Brake horsepower is what the engine makes with all accessories fitted, not at the wheels. Its a measurement of the actual power available in real world situations.
If I'm wrong, find an article/document stating otherwise...

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

it's possible. it's just the parts to do don't exist yet. when some one comes up with a steel crank and a head that flows 280-300cfm, then we'll see it.

to make power you need to move a lot of air. which means doing it N/A you need lots of head flow and lots of revs

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

my god, another of these threads

i think im gonna vomit

maybe if someone had 10k in their hands, and could do most labour themselves, and they posted a thread it would be an interesting read, but atm its just a pure dream wank

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
it's possible. it's just the parts to do don't exist yet. when some one comes up with a steel crank and a head that flows 280-300cfm, then we'll see it.

to make power you need to move a lot of air. which means doing it N/A you need lots of head flow and lots of revs

Atomic do billet steel cranks for a smidgen under 6k. They also do anti pump up lifters that raise the potential rev limit of the engine to 7800rpm. All thats left is to engineer the induction and exhaust systems to flow the required amount of air.

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Brake horsepower is what the engine makes with all accessories fitted, not at the wheels. Its a measurement of the actual power available in real world situations.

most the way there mate. HP is whats stated by manufacturers with a bare engine with no loads on it like alternator and gearbox etc. BHP or brake horsepower is the amount or horsies its got at the wheels (or brakes) and this takes into account losses from electrical load on the alternator, trans and diff etc. BHP and KW ATW mean the same thing. look it up in wiki or numerous other sites like 'difference between'.

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

i don't think it would be impossible but for the cost of it, its just not worth it

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

BHP is NOT at the wheels! BHP does NOT = RWKW

"Brake horsepower (BHP) is the amount of work generated by a motor without taking into consideration any of the various auxiliary components that may slow down the actual speed of the motor. Sometimes referred to as pure horsepower, brake horsepower is measured within the engine’s output shaft. Depending on the configuration of the engine, the point on the output shaft that is the focus of the measurement is the engine dynamometer. "

" the actual horsepower of an engine, measured by a brake attached to the drive shaft and recorded on a dynamometer"

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

xcabbi wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

Atomic do billet steel cranks for a smidgen under 6k. They also do anti pump up lifters that raise the potential rev limit of the engine to 7800rpm. All thats left is to engineer the induction and exhaust systems to flow the required amount of air.

pretty sure the lifters are for the DOHC engine.

I'd be looking at a solid conversion,.. suffice to say the only 'stock part' would be the block.

i think, (like you) that we should be looking into heads at this point anyway. no point in a billet crank if there is not enough are flow.
Now to down draught that head............

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Even the block would have some heavy prep work. Head and main studs as well as sleeves. Grout for the tight a***.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
yep its possible and there got the numbers to prove it but the 350rwhp hemi is a 278 not 265 with alloy head,cain 4bbl,solid cam and 750dp demon on it :) ...

phill

It is not possible to make 400 flywheel hp on a 4.0 ford motor, n/a. race fuel or not :D
Who is "there" because id like to see those 400hp 4.0 numbers :shock: and so would everyone else.
Im not disputing the fact of making 400 +hp with a hemi 6 coz its not exactly rocket science.

where in my reply did i mention na 4.0 ford motor ??? i thought you said 400 fly wheel isnt possible from hemi...

phill[/quote]

When did i ever mention a hemi not being able to make 400hp, i didnt so snap out of it.
You assumed my previous post about not making 400hp was to you but it wasnt smarty pants, its for the bloke who started this thread :roll:
You are confusing this thread with your hemi glory thread :D

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
BHP is NOT at the wheels! BHP does NOT = RWKW

"Brake horsepower (BHP) is the amount of work generated by a motor without taking into consideration any of the various auxiliary components that may slow down the actual speed of the motor. Sometimes referred to as pure horsepower, brake horsepower is measured within the engine’s output shaft. Depending on the configuration of the engine, the point on the output shaft that is the focus of the measurement is the engine dynamometer. "

" the actual horsepower of an engine, measured by a brake attached to the drive shaft and recorded on a dynamometer"

that is 100% correct!!!!!!! :)

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:06 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
milo 302 wrote:
no it is not possible, thats around 400 flywheel hp.

yep its possible and there got the numbers to prove it but the 350rwhp hemi is a 278 not 265 with alloy head,cain 4bbl,solid cam and 750dp demon on it :) ...

phill

I wasnt even replying to you phil, you assumed my advice was for you but it was for the guy who started this thread :shock:

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:11 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
milo 302 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
250 bhp = 185kw at the fly. Thats pretty achievable! It would only be around 150rwkw!

250 bhp is at the tyres not the flywheel, brake horsepower isnt at ther motor only foreign people say that(top gear) it is equivalent to 186.5 kw at the tyres.
And yes the hemi 6 makes 350hp at the tyres(coz its a hemi :D )

?

You are wrong and im telling you so pal, when i did my mechanical apprenticeship it was a certain way then and it hasnt changed.get over it youre wrong.
I dont need to prove it because its something i learnt through my work and tafe which is a nationally accredited place to teach such things. :D
Power available in real world situations is power at the tyres(bhp) so you have just contradicted yourself there as well cobber.
i wish you people would actually know stuff before you post stupid answers

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

The facts are that 400 hp is not possible and people are trying to find things to pick bnecause they dont like my answers, so you can all kiss my a*** and my bhp output.
f**k dreamers

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next