Fordmods Logo

My performance 6 xh-ute 

Page 7 of 10 [ 140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

There is alot of ppl out there who could build a low 13 sec E series NA like JMMs EB but the truth is no-one is really that dedicated to doing it. youl find that most E-series owners love to get there car performing great but they also want to be able to use it for street use as well.

JMMs EB is strictly a Drag Car, All interior has been removed along with anything else that may weight it down, No sway bar ect ect

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

I know of maybe 1/2 dozen 13's NA falcons in Australia. 2 of them are on the forums (including JMM) and the others arent going to give secrets away anytime soon.

The reason why there are so few 13's cars is because anyone drag racing ford 6's is going to use a corty, and 13's falcons are s*** to drive on the street.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

How many RKW's do you think it would take for an "E" falc to get into the 13's?

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

downingj wrote:

I think it could be done with 160ish (genuine) rwkw in the right car, the right car being an early e-series (lighter) with a manual, soft suspension, and stick rubber. The average worked 6 with superlows and street tires looks good and is nice for driving but costs time down the 1/4.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
13.23 pass at willobank

I was under the impression that there was only a 1/8th mile at willobank?

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

no willowbank is 1/4

sometimes they still run top fuel dragsters there fron the states

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
downingj wrote:

I think it could be done with 160ish (genuine) rwkw in the right car, the right car being an early e-series (lighter) with a manual, soft suspension, and stick rubber. The average worked 6 with superlows and street tires looks good and is nice for driving but costs time down the 1/4.

O.K. cool. So how would a 170rkw EF be a s*** :lol: to drive on the street? I reckon with a DEV5 cam and a Unichip, I could very very easily squeeze 175ish RWK out of my car???

Still would like to know the EXACT specs on the JMM red EB cause depending on who you talk to determines what it has / hasn't got. I couldn't find anything on their website...

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

downingj wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
downingj wrote:

O.K. cool. So how would a 170rkw EF be a s*** :lol: to drive on the street? I reckon with a DEV5 cam and a Unichip, I could very very easily squeeze 175ish RWK out of my car???

Still would like to know the EXACT specs on the JMM red EB cause depending on who you talk to determines what it has / hasn't got. I couldn't find anything on their website...

175rwkw on whose dyno? If its the jmm dyno you need 180+ (not trying to start another JMM dyno argument, i just know cars that pull 20rwkw less on the dynos that I run on that the JMM dyno).

The specs I heard was that it was a fully optioned dev 5 (ported intake manifold) with an aftermarket ECU. It has a V8 T5, 3.9's in the diff and running slicks. The car was also a bit lighter than stock (no aircon system, interior stripped, no sway bars, etc). But yeah, i dont know how correct this is.

oh, and what I mean by a s*** to drive is the loss in low end power and usually s**t idle quality. I guess its kind of like driving a jap turbos - when your at the right rpm the things fly, otherwise they are pretty gutless.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
downingj wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
downingj wrote:

175rwkw on whose dyno? If its the jmm dyno you need 180+ (not trying to start another JMM dyno argument, i just know cars that pull 20rwkw less on the dynos that I run on that the JMM dyno).

The specs I heard was that it was a fully optioned dev 5 (ported intake manifold) with an aftermarket ECU. It has a V8 T5, 3.9's in the diff and running slicks. The car was also a bit lighter than stock (no aircon system, interior stripped, no sway bars, etc). But yeah, i dont know how correct this is.

oh, and what I mean by a s*** to drive is the loss in low end power and usually s**t idle quality. I guess its kind of like driving a jap turbos - when your at the right rpm the things fly, otherwise they are pretty gutless.

Totally agree on the Jap turbo comment. They are most certainly not my cup of tea.
I'm not having a go, I just want to pick your brain because, from what I've seen, you know your stuff.
As for JMM's dyno. I dunno. I've heard stories, but the figures they quote on their website seem to pretty accurate when compared to what other people are getting on their dynos. Dunno??? Guess we will never know for sure.

Hmmmm. Dunno mate, I'm pretty confident that if I slotted in a DEV5 and tuned in a Unichip, I wouldn't loose any bottom end. Hopefully I will find out one day :wink:

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

thats all good but where is the 13.2 timeslips?? yes,how many na i6 in the 13's that are street driven?? i know most quick i6 falcons that are still street driven are usualy at best flat to low 14s.. might have to get my a** back to the track.. :wink:

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:19 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Ok I've just picked myself off the ground but still have to hold my side as it still hurts from laughting
(this girl is a right clown),as we are yet to see a time sheet of any sort from our out there mate that we know that is full of poo as I too have a XH but in van form and without going into too much about it the best I can do is a 15.96 ,so to get into the 13's we all know is a little hard and alot of dosh .

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Maybe he's got it around the wrong way.

Maybe it's not a 13.2. Maybe its a 23.1???

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:
I'm going to be different and say that this guy is a nice bloke and I believe the 13.2....

Gee fellas, it's not like he's attacking you personally. Some of you are going a bit OTT yeah?

Chill out ! 8-)
:lol: changed your mind aye downingj?? :lol: now your on the sceptics side.. jimbo hibernating?? or at the track atm stil trying to at least equel his claims?? he should just get a g-tech and do a 4oo metre down hill race n then he will have a fair chance at a 13.2.. :lol:

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
changed your mind aye downingj?? now your on the sceptics side.. jimbo hibernating?? or at the track atm stil trying to at least equel his claims?? he should just get a g-tech and do a 4oo metre down hill race n then he will have a fair chance at a 13.2..

To get a faster g-tech reading you actually go up a hill!

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

can we assume this thread is full of crap yet to the believers?? :roll:

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 10  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next