Fordmods Logo

New Car :( NOT HAPPY!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: New Car :( NOT HAPPY!!!
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ea Fairmont.

VIC, Australia

Hey Guys just bought my ea off this guy in oakleigh he had installed a el motor into it when i saw the car at the drags ect. it was QUICK!!! and it was for sale so i called him up and bought it now he told me that he had changed the headgasket with a new one from ford and i didnt stop to ask why. he also said he had changed the diff and put a standard one back in now this el motor doesnt have the broadband manifold i got the parts i need ecu - smartlock bypass - bbm can anybody help me install this? also i paid 3500 for the car thinking it was going to be running low 14's and when i called him up he pretty much told me to get f**k my machanic checked this car and said i couldnt have bought a better car and the racv report said it was excelent but i find its slow off the mark picks up at around 3500rpm but by then im a couple of car lengths behind i know he had a 9" diff with 4:11 differentials in it before hand would this be why im going so slow now? would the bbm help the problem?

Ford Ea Fairmont, El Motor - pacemaker ph4488's 2 & 1/2 inch Exhaust, Megaflow Highflow Cat, Cold Air Intake.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:02 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i would say the car will perform better with the bbm(broad band manifold) and el ecu..

and if it had 4.11 diff before and now it has a std diff.. being a ea it probly has 2.92 ratio..
the diff ratio will have a huge effect on how it accelerates.
i would try and get a 3.45 or 4.11 ratio again and put the bbm and el ecu and you will get much better results..

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4.11 back to 2.93 will make a pretty big difference.. and sounds like it too now that she's sluggish off the line but picks up once revs/speed are up...

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

IMO, I liked the ed manifold... very torkey down low, and with the right set of horns and cam, the torque could be bumped up through the whole rev range..

in saying that, 4.11's will make low rev range almost non-existant..

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

You paid $3500 for a fkn EA. Thats about $2500 too much. Whyd you buy it if you knew he pulled the good parts off??

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ea Fairmont.

VIC, Australia

still has sound system tv screens and eb gt rims so i liked it! 12 months reg and road worthy its my first car stop giving me a hard time about it
interior has a little bit of work to but not to much just new carpets new roof lining new door trips customly built to fit in the speakers called the guy up came over injstalled the bbm for me made abit of a difference and he said i can buy his 9" diff off him for 1800 if i want but i dont know if it would be worth it it fits right onto the car its being rebuilt has 4:11 differential its lsd ect. also should i replace the brembo calipres with the ultrastop ones from repco? i want blue calipres i dont like the red and white look also the slotted and drilled rotors look abit ugly would standard slotted ones be better?

Ford Ea Fairmont, El Motor - pacemaker ph4488's 2 & 1/2 inch Exhaust, Megaflow Highflow Cat, Cold Air Intake.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:18 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Anemos wrote:
still has sound system tv screens and eb gt rims so i liked it! 12 months reg and road worthy its my first car stop giving me a hard time about it
interior has a little bit of work to but not to much just new carpets new roof lining new door trips customly built to fit in the speakers called the guy up came over injstalled the bbm for me made abit of a difference and he said i can buy his 9" diff off him for 1800 if i want but i dont know if it would be worth it it fits right onto the car its being rebuilt has 4:11 differential its lsd ect. also should i replace the brembo calipres with the ultrastop ones from repco? i want blue calipres i dont like the red and white look also the slotted and drilled rotors look abit ugly would standard slotted ones be better?

if its got brembo calipers leave them just paint them blue!
and if it stops good and the disks dont have heaps of wear dont change them.
by the sound of it it has had a lot spent on it for it to have brembo calipers

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

Brembo calipers = Good.

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

Anemos wrote:
also should i replace the brembo calipres with the ultrastop ones from repco? i want blue calipres i dont like the red and white look also the slotted and drilled rotors look abit ugly would standard slotted ones be better?

are you serious?? seems to me like someone is taking the pee pee. if not, you shouldn't be allowed near a car with a set of spanners.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

i wanna see some pics of this car.

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

brembo brakes = Extremely good, if you change them prepare to be admitted to a nut farm

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

ReGiE wrote:
i wanna see some pics of this car.

ditto....especially with brakes

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: au fairlane,ed fairmont,v8 landy

QLD, Australia

Anemos wrote:

the brembo's would have cost thousands (what makes your ea worth more than 500 bucks) yould have to be a total fwit to want to change them :shock:

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

prydey wrote:
Anemos wrote:
also should i replace the brembo calipres with the ultrastop ones from repco? i want blue calipres i dont like the red and white look also the slotted and drilled rotors look abit ugly would standard slotted ones be better?

are you serious?? seems to me like someone is taking the pee pee. if not, you shouldn't be allowed near a car with a set of spanners.

lol
fair call

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Anemos wrote:
is this a street car or race\drag car,you may have a lot of great gear on the car you dont know about,do some research on the parts,the brakes are 2500-4400 bucks and any other mods,the car body is only 500 bucks,work out your diff ratios to drive it the way you want,factor in petrol at 2bucks a ltr by xmas or there abouts,enjoy your toy :D :D :D :D

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]