Fordmods Logo

Troy's 96 EL Fairmont. Bodykit in the process! 

Page 7 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Troy's 96 EL Fairmont.
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

lol no lower than supers at the moment, cars usually got a load in it and the roads are s**t with all these speedbumps and crappyness.
also allowing for when i come across a ticky kit.
at the moment just thinking i might grab some springs for the front, and worry about shocks later, the fronts not as bad as the back.

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUI XL Falcon

NSW, Australia

i dont know if its of interest to you but i have a set of super lows with monroe shocks for the rear sitting on my donor car. if you want them then ill give them to you for s**t all. just dont know how you would get them from nsw to you.

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

MA77US wrote:
i dont know if its of interest to you but i have a set of super lows with monroe shocks for the rear sitting on my donor car. if you want them then ill give them to you for s**t all. just dont know how you would get them from nsw to you.

cheers mate but i already got the back sorted, picked up some SL's and pedders sports ryders dirt cheap the other week, that's why i'm only on the hunt for the front but.
that and i think au's setup won't fit.
thanks though, wish i had a donor car, lmao, all i got is dreams of my cus's xr8, he's thinking of buyin all new panels and all cos his got hail damaged, might be lucky to get some skirts off him, although he's not in a rush so i could be waiting a while, might have to give him some motivation though. lol.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

You tell your cosin about the dent remover bloke?? Does paintless dent removal. He can come down and tell your cousin if it will come up micky mouse or won't change at all. He's really good. Let me know if you want his number he live in Coburg but gives free quotes any where. His general price is $50 a guard doesn't matter how beat up it is.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
You tell your cosin about the dent remover bloke?? Does paintless dent removal. He can come down and tell your cousin if it will come up micky mouse or won't change at all. He's really good. Let me know if you want his number he live in Coburg but gives free quotes any where. His general price is $50 a guard doesn't matter how beat up it is.

yeah give us his number, my cus is pretty keen on replacing panels but just incase i might as well have it handy. especially if he's that cheap, better be good but, lol.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

Hahaha he does an awesome job :)

0439 383 841

Car will look brand new after wards especially if he gets it polished up properly

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

Hey Troy seen ya the other night,your car is lookin nice and cleen mate and good seeing ya cruisn around.drop in some time mate your more than welcome,when my car is there im normally home.

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Keen on some progress reports, fellow Ghiamen.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Fairghia95 wrote:
Hey Troy seen ya the other night,your car is lookin nice and cleen mate and good seeing ya cruisn around.drop in some time mate your more than welcome,when my car is there im normally home.

cheers mate, might take ya up on the offer one day soon, thats if you're any good with changing shocks and springs. lol.
see you cruising around a fair bit, are those new wheels?
REW93N wrote:

haha, yeah bad, but i'm a fairmont, non ghia, + xmas time and shiet, not much progress, picked up some fairlane leather seats today in great condition though, unfortunately back seats are a tad different to fairmont due to length change in car, so gonna have to tee up some fairmont leather back seats. and a tint for xmas off the gf will be coming in handy.
there'll be pics once that's done.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:17 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

teeroy wrote:
Fairghia95 wrote:

cheers mate, might take ya up on the offer one day soon, thats if you're any good with changing shocks and springs. lol.
see you cruising around a fair bit, are those new wheels?
REW93N wrote:

haha, yeah bad, but i'm a fairmont, non ghia, + xmas time and shiet, not much progress, picked up some fairlane leather seats today in great condition though, unfortunately back seats are a tad different to fairmont due to length change in car, so gonna have to tee up some fairmont leather back seats. and a tint for xmas off the gf will be coming in handy.
there'll be pics once that's done.

Yeh no prob mate ive never done springs and shocks before first hand,but i have helped put them in a vh commie b4,pretty much straight forward common sense really,just need one of those spring compressor thingy,i can help you out if you want to give it a go,but it wont be untill the new year til i start getting some spare days off.we can even get Daniel(wild el)if he wants and has time of course to help out as i think he has knowledge of this stuff.As for the Wheels,yeh got them about a month ago,really like them,better than running on adapters,smoother ride.i liked the rims i had but spewin that they didnt fit straight up otherwise if they were pre au i would of kept them.but really like these ones,im old skool luv the chrome look on a car if you cant half tell lol.

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:15 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Picked up leather seats for the rear today, $50 from ebay plus real close to home, unfortunately not the best condition and not the same shade of grey, which baffled me and my colorblind mind. lol.
So my new excuse is that i'm doin a two-tone to match the door trims. lol.
Velour on the doors doesn't suit any more, so i'm thinking of re trimming with something suitable from spotlight, shouldn't be too hard i recon.
Might get a pic and put it up tomorrow.

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

just a quick pic, there's some leather in there, and my 8 month old neice, i'm trying to turn her into a ford girl.

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Haha the perspective of that photo makes the seats look enormous ! They look in good condition, shame about the rear one but as you said just play it off as something intentional.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Well. To anyone that noticed the FS section, should be able to see im clearing up room, starting to pick up pieces of an xr kit this weekend, sides skirts only but its a start. Also gonna book in at the mechanics tomorrow, got bad coolant loss that i cbf with. Once its back from that its straight to the sunroof joint to atleast book in for that to be fixed. Oh the joys of full time apprenticeship, a bit more play money. :)

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

hey, I've had a coolant loss problem for some time now but have been too un-prioritised and un-funded to look into it properly. in the last fortnight it was worsened a fair bit, to the point i was topping up every 3-4days. so today i got it into a mechanics and had a pressure test done where i was informed that the welch plugs were rooted on the intake side.
i breathed a sigh of relief when i heard it's not the head. lol.
anyway i've been quoted $320 to have them changed, anyone know what the cost of the welch plugs are?
i'm guessing both sides would be getting done right?
downside is i've got to wait til monday.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next