Fordmods Logo

upped compression barra 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: upped compression barra
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i know the proper way to do it lol, but wanted to get some higher comp in the barra motor i'm putting in the ute so figured i'd just shave the head to get it, but without looking at the dohc head thats just assuming they have bit of meat that can be shaved off like the sohc heads...

would it be a headache to get 10.5:1 comp by shaving the head alone? really dont know much about their design although i'm sure it hasn't changed much...

how much work does the knock sensor on the newer ECUs get considering the BF has 10.3:1 comp?
would it be an issue running an e-gas spec comp on 91ron without a knock sensor and a decent tune?
that comp sounds silly high for a run of the mill family car lol.
i'll be running the motor on LPG most of the time hence why i'm not fussed about going a higher comp and would prob run it on premium or even e85 if i used petrol, would it respond ok to 11:1?

i'm not looking for super power but if the engine responds ok to higher compression if tuned to suit on good fuels then why not while the engines out...
i googled for a bit but couldn't find any threads on higher comp setups so if you know of any post em up.

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Post subject: Re: upped compression barra
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 99 au ute

WA, Australia

Have a look at this

the-garage-f53/trav199-bf-n-a-xr6-330rwhp-t99170.html

I was looking at pics today and saw he had some clearance issues. I didn't ready anything though!

Au series 1 ute. T5 manual, 2.5" redback zorst, Xtreme HD clutch

Post subject: Re: upped compression barra
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks mate but he had massive cams and the shaved head alone.
i doubt that would happen with egas pistons and shaved head if i wanted to get 11:1 comp, plus i'll never be going cams that big in a daily lol

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]