Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:55 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:
Grechie wrote:
how does he reckon it has 220rwkw if he hasnt? unless its just a assumption or estimate, having that much power from a stock V6 means it was 290kw- 300kw is at the fly and holden never released a statesman factory like that.

well ur "holden nuts mates" obviously havent heard of the vn/vp HSV +6 or even the newer VT SU-6 which is supercharged and has more power than a stocko charged six!

So, do tell, which one of those came with 290-300kw at the flywheel?
Err, neither you say?
Exactly.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

he didnt say they were 290 kw, just said they exist. The v8s only had 215kw at that stage! :lol:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
smoke_rubber wrote:
i didn't believe corsa made csv vs commodores, but i've seen 3 now and i know someone with one.

Didn't think Corsa had done the 3.8s.
Wouldn't surprise me if they had but I guess.
I think they started with VS's?

yeh all the vs's were 5.0L, i also don't think they make csv in 6 pot form, i ended up finding a bit of info about it.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

RuchEa wrote:
Hi all!!!

I know a guy with a VQ V6 statey all HSV badged including under bonnet(genuine HSV) with a factory supercharger limited edition apparently anyway this bloke reckons he's pullin 220rwkw out of it and like i sid it is stock hasnt dyno'd it as far as i know but im findin it a bit hrd to swallow that it could pull such power. Will admit it is fast but 220rwkw wank wank!!!

Anyway has any1 seen or heard of 1 of these possible weapons any specs ie kw would be appreciated!

I reckon I could destroy him with mild mods and i honestly must say i aint pullin anywhere near even 180rwkw and a NA motor!

Comments please.

Your the first bloke on here with some sence. Noway it would pull that power. I reckon he is about 40rwkw off the mark.

Most guys on here claim ridiculous power but when it comes to dyno day, they run for cover.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Post subject: vq
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: NEW MACHINE 323i GOES HELL FAST

Power: 169 rwkw

SA, Australia

my vq caprice has only 130rwkw (pics in my gallery) so i would think a v6 would need a lot of mods being the car weight is about 2 tonnes and in my owner manual it says noting about v6 or superchargers maybe
series 2 vq had a v6 ???

eb 4.0 falcon & f150 351 & caprice 5.0

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: F350, EF2 Ghia, XC & Corty

Power: 218 rwkw

VIC, Australia

My mate has a S2 stato with a v6 in it.
Apparently all S1's had v8s, S2 you had the option

13.28@103.73mph

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:56 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA svo turbo, ef Fairmontl

VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:
Grechie wrote:
how does he reckon it has 220rwkw if he hasnt? unless its just a assumption or estimate, having that much power from a stock V6 means it was 290kw- 300kw is at the fly and holden never released a statesman factory like that.

well ur "holden nuts mates" obviously havent heard of the vn/vp HSV +6 or even the newer VT SU-6 which is supercharged and has more power than a stocko charged six!

Err, neither you say?
Exactly.

I didnt say either of them did! smartasses like u really p**s me off!! in any part of my post did i mention either of those cars comin out with 290-300kw's??? exactly didnt think so! all i was trying to say was that hsv had released a few hot versions of the 3.8V6

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:
Grechie wrote:
does he have the dyno sheet to prove it?
how does he reckon it has 220rwkw if he hasnt? unless its just a assumption or estimate, having that much power from a stock V6 means it was 290kw- 300kw is at the fly and holden never released a statesman factory like that, i even asked my holden nut mates, n they laughed. according to them, the only hsv that isnt a V8, is the new astra VRX turbo. i duno wot to beilive, its a holden so i dont really care, a pissy weak V6 needing boost for its power.

well ur "holden nuts mates" obviously havent heard of the vn/vp HSV +6 or even the newer VT SU-6 which is supercharged and has more power than a stocko charged six! plus back in the days of the VN/VP HSV did alot of special orders for customers including some wild race spec engines!!! so give this guy a fair go until he can prove us right!!

yeah guy I knew has a HSV 6+ seems pretty ordinary to me though

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:
Grechie wrote:

Err, neither you say?
Exactly.

I didnt say either of them did! smartasses like u really p**s me off!! in any part of my post did i mention either of those cars comin out with 290-300kw's??? exactly didnt think so! all i was trying to say was that hsv had released a few hot versions of the 3.8V6

dude, for it to have 22rwkw it wood have to have bout 290 or 300 at the fly, n plz for proof, PROVE to me that hsv made this 220rwkw model. do u have any idea how much moding it would have to have to have 220rwkw, i dont care if they made special models, congrats, but so far all uve sed is hav have mad special models, show me plz the specs..(not being a smart a**)

thanks

Ford Falcon EA Naturally Aspirated 4.0L i6
13.797 @ 157.16km/h (Limiter Bounce)

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

We all know its not a factory car. If it has a blown 6, its obviously been done by someone else.

But that doesnt mean it couldnt have 220rwkw, although that is about their limit before spending mega dollars.
They dont weigh 2 ton either, if anything its probably no heavier than your Falcon.
VN-VP were only 1350kg or so, a Stato version isnt going to be 650kg heavier, 100kg maybe.

With 220rwkw it would move quite well, probably run mid 13s, or probably even run 12s if setup properly

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF SERIES II FAIRMONT

SA, Australia

from VR onwards, out of the factory one of the options is a supercharger for the V6. The stock VQ V6 motor is 147kw, the factory supercharger brings it up to 165kw. The reason holden offered the factory superchargers for the V6 is because of the very poor low torque, like taking off at the lights. From what i know the holden v6 start to pull the max torque at 3500rpm, where the factory supercharger will help it pull at 2500rpm.

The supercharger does nothing after 4500rpm as it is not built to add high power gains, it was built to help with take off and towing, so ur mate is lying out of his teeth.

FORD 1996 EF FAIRMONT ARGON SILVER
18 INCH GT-P WHEELS
POWERCHIP,AWESOME STEREO,MONSTER FLOW POD FILTER
KYB LOWERED SHOCKs & KINGSPRING SUPERLOWS
XTRACTORS 2.5 INCH PIPES HI-FLOW CAT SML STRAIGHT THRU MUFF TWIN TIPS
DBA STREET SERIES SLOTTED ROTORS
*IT'S MY PRIDE & JOY*

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:46 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Grechie wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:
Grechie wrote:

Err, neither you say?
Exactly.

dude, for it to have 22rwkw it wood have to have bout 290 or 300 at the fly, n plz for proof, PROVE to me that hsv made this 220rwkw model. do u have any idea how much moding it would have to have to have 220rwkw, i dont care if they made special models, congrats, but so far all uve sed is hav have mad special models, show me plz the specs..(not being a smart a**)

thanks

All i was pointing out was that HSV had made some hot special order and production versions of the V6 now i dont know thid guy and all i was trying to say was that he may have a special ordered version!!!

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:47 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Grechie wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:
Grechie wrote:

Err, neither you say?
Exactly.

thanks

All i was pointing out was that HSV had made some hot special order and production versions of the V6 now i dont know thid guy and all i was trying to say was that he may have a special ordered version!!!

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

WA, Australia

yeah i think ur mates having u on....the s/charged V6 started at VS's later series (round 1996)....and the VQ finished production in 1993....there are n/a V6 VQ's but theyre pretty rare...the only HSV VQ stato's built was the HSV 5000i, the SV90, & the SV93 .....ur mates car could possibly be a NZ model as they received a few differnt HSV's (like the V6 VP GTS)....

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el xr6

VIC, Australia

This car is definately factory blown!!

Have seen the car ruchea is talkin bout i work with the commo driver!

he's claimin he got the car 2 270kmh thurs nite.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next