Wanting a deeper exhaust note 

Page 6 of 8 [ 112 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Wanting a deeper exhaust note
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

not sure if ill have time to make n upload one tomorrow, if i do it will be from a crappy iphone speaker lol, and in car recorded

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ba XR6 mk2 n/a

NSW, Australia

All good , yea the mic on iPhone isn't the same as a proper camera .
Worth a try thow

BANNED USER

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford BF F6 Tornado

QLD, Australia

i have a stock xr6 bf ute, and i put an auspac 2.5" cutback on with just a centre straight through muffler deep tone and fairly loud when foot down.

http://youtu.be/gXiDSYshMuM

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lowie57, hey done anything to ur exhaust yet??

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Do u guys reckon if i lowered my car with kingsprings 30mm, and new shocks to match,front n rear with 19's it would sit about just right? as i dont wana lower it too much!!
:roll: :roll: :? 8-) 8-)

BANNED USER

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Do u guys reckon if i lowered my car with kingsprings 30mm, and new shocks to match,front n rear with 19's it would sit about just right? as i dont wana lower it too much!!
:roll: :roll: :? 8-) 8-)

decision is up to you, just remember, springs take about 1-2 weeks to settle, once they settle they usually drop 1-3cm's lower then when you put them in. eg, i lowered my car, and my rear wheel was about 1cm away from the top of the guard (outside edge) now my rear wheel sits inside the guard by about 8mm.

back on topic....
3 weeks later i finally uploaded a sound clip of my zorst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuqv94moqcg
recorded on a super sh!t quality iphone speaker, from inside the car while driving. why record from inside the car while driving?? how often are you going to be standing outside your car with your ear next to the muffler admiring your exhaust sound while your driving :lol:
quality is better in real life n sounds better in real life, but that's a rough clip

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR50

QLD, Australia

Im new to this, but I installed a Growler Intake on my XR 50 and made the growl alot beter sounding.
Aswell as having the exhaust on it.
But that is engine sound... Not exhaust.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

The air suction will quiet down after a few hundred K's of driving as your ecu hasnt been calibrated to the new mod yet but dont worry even though you might not hear it as strongly later the power is more noticible. For the other people 20% under drives do make a slight increase in throttle respone but remember people whenever you do a new mod you most likely will not notice a huge power increase or even it may feel like you lost power at first. The whole thing is really dependent on how long your ecu can adjust to the new mods which will then calibrate itself air/fuel ratio then after a few weeks of driving or it may even take up to a month of driving to actually feel any results at all. For the very first post to help the exhaust to have a little more growl, it also helps on which intake system you have eg. Typhoon airbox upper and lower snorkel with a K&N or BMC panel filter. Just think stock air box is like sucking air through a straw. Another thing I would suggest is having a 82 degree thermostat which the stock one is 92 degress you can get them for like $15 at auto pro, it definitley makes a difference with performance.

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

rubbish, a pod filter and larger airbox doesnt throw the ECU into a tailspin

the map sensor knows how much air is getting there, the o2 sensor is fine tuning ratios....... its all done in real time. If you dont notice a difference straight up then it doesnt work !!

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i tottally agree with that last comment!
an under drive will give u instant power gain??? unless its a hoax???

BANNED USER

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:54 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

FordFairmont I dont agree with you at all!! when someone puts a new airbox/pod/panel and you hear the roar of air in the engine it means your ecu hasnt adjusted to the extra air intake, after a couple of weeks it will go away and the car will feel a bit stronger than when you first put it in but your right it should feel a bit stronger but it wont be as strong as 3 weeks later.

Ok fordfairmont imagine your arm being cut off right, now attach a bionic arm on you will you learn the bionic arm in real time NO i dont think so! You will have to adjust to it.

Also ive noticed better throttle response on the underdrives.
OK people imagine this! tie a rope around a tire and swing it around your head, it would be tough because a tire is heavy right! So imagine the engine swinging that big heavy pulley which is driving the other pulleys like air con, alternator etc.
Now Imagine swinging Styrofoam in a shape of a tire, even though you maybe exerting the same power as before, The engine is working less hard because its spinning a lighter pulley which also helps the engine last longer, which then helps with better throttle response.
IF you dont believe me try it yourself!

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im sorry but cutting off your arm and attaching a bionic arm and then having to get use to it is the worst analogy for an ecu adjusting.
if your ecu takes up to 3 weeks to adjust for a mod then something is wrong with your car or your not driving it.
from my experience with mods to the intake and exhaust, you notice the difference pretty much from the word GO. yes the ecu does take a couple of hundred Kms to fine tune itself, but that fine tuning isn't going to be that noticeable.

as for the intake sound changing as you clock up the km's??!?!?! the only think i can think that would cause that would be driving thro a dust storm and clogging up your pod filter.
my previous car was a Subaru librity with a pod filter, that little thing roared its tits off from day one all the way to the day i sold it. same deal with my falcon, since i put a typhoon intake with a K&N it has had a louder intake note at WOT, the only difference is now that sound is drowned out by my exhaust.

as for your under drivers, yes the pulley is SLIGHTLY lighter, but the main reason why it works is its rotating circumference is smaller. smaller circumference = less belt moved in a single spin = slowed down accessory's = more power in the engine to go to the treads.

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the only fine tuning/learning the ecu does is at idle and light cruising for smooth idle and economy (closed loop), so anything mid to full throttle is not changed or learnt at all...
so any intake or exhaust mods done for performance will be noticable straight away or not at all..

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Only one way to settle this debate is to ask a few ford mechanics.

BANNED USER

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

half of them wouldnt know there only parts fitters.. ask a decent tuner they will have the understanding..

do some reasearch on how efi ecu's operate..

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 8  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next