Fordmods Logo

When do BA's usually do their head gasket? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: When do BA's usually do their head gasket?
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Shoulda brought a manual falcon then

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

I wouldnt worry about the head gasket, it really is a non issue with AU up.....

With a BA its easier and cheaper to buy another motor as there are plenty about.....
I would think its had another cluster unless the condition says otherwise but even that can be cleaned up.....

Think mines done around the 800k mark and still original donk.....

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

madmax wrote:
The fuel gauge in my BA was like that when I bought it. Ford eventually found it was set up wrong. As it turns out there are 4 different settings in the computer, sedan,wagon,Ute,and undefined. Mine had been set to undefined from factory. Meaning the gauge didn't know what size tank it was reporting on.

Its been a problem since the AU LPG falcons. The sender keeps s**t itself every 12 months or so. I didn't even bother changing mine over. Just go off the kms and when I hear the tank hiss I know its time to fill up in about 15-20kms.

Kathy, it may well be a genuine stanby taxi. They are registered as private vehicles yet carry the local taxi co-op livery. When you smash your cab and are waiting for repairs, you hire the standby cab and fit your plates next to the normal road plates. I think they cost about 80 cents per km to hire or something like that.

My guestion is 3k for an ex cab BA? WTF? Au ex cabs were fetching a maximum of 1.5k when they were retired, regardless of the kms on them. You can get a genuine 200,000km privately owned BA for 3k these days.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
madmax wrote:
The fuel gauge in my BA was like that when I bought it. Ford eventually found it was set up wrong. As it turns out there are 4 different settings in the computer, sedan,wagon,Ute,and undefined. Mine had been set to undefined from factory. Meaning the gauge didn't know what size tank it was reporting on.

Its been a problem since the AU LPG falcons. The sender keeps s**t itself every 12 months or so. I didn't even bother changing mine over. Just go off the kms and when I hear the tank hiss I know its time to fill up in about 15-20kms.

Not in my case, ford changed the sender and it made no difference. I ended up taking it back to them 3 times before they eventually found out what it was. Somewhere either in the BEM, ECU or the cluster itself is an program option which tells the gauge what car its installed in, mine was set to undefined and was likely like that from factory.
Touch wood, since ford sorted it out the gauge works well and my sender unit would be 4 years old now

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Shoulda brought a manual falcon then

he can't.He is on his reds at the moment and he sat in an auto therefore he is stuck in the auto til his greens.Finding out when he can sit it tomorrow.Forgot to today

I have not failed.I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Edison

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
madmax wrote:

Kathy, it may well be a genuine stanby taxi. They are registered as private vehicles yet carry the local taxi co-op livery. When you smash your cab and are waiting for repairs, you hire the standby cab and fit your plates next to the normal road plates. I think they cost about 80 cents per km to hire or something like that.

My guestion is 3k for an ex cab BA? WTF? Au ex cabs were fetching a maximum of 1.5k when they were retired, regardless of the kms on them. You can get a genuine 200,000km privately owned BA for 3k these days.

Yeah he was desperate for a car for the time being cause of a pretty sick missus so it will do.Theres a few small problems with it but its still better then any of his previous cars

I have not failed.I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Edison

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

madmax wrote:
Somewhere either in the BEM, ECU or the cluster itself is an program option which tells the gauge what car its installed in, mine was set to undefined and was likely like that from factory.

I think it resides in the cluster as mine still uses the petrol map from a XR...

Handy as I can get to 0k's dte and still have 15 litres left....

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2