Fordmods Logo

where to get cheap tuning? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: where to get cheap tuning?
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

guess im saving up then, i know c'hill exhaust will do a dyno tune for $800. but i do like the idea of a flash tuner for times when fuel is thro the roof, like now, i dont have to fill up with 98, i can down tune it to 91. with the flash tuner boxes, i know i can buy one for bout 800 with 3 generic tunes, what power/reliability would the 98 octane tune give, the car has typhoon intake done with full zorst.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

hey mate, i wouldnt go with C'hill exhaust, i have heard some bad stories about them - pm me if you want more info. Go for the xcal3 flash device, dont worry about vcm or whatever other version of flashing can be done. You do know though they use the dyno and the flash tuner box in combination to get it all perfect right?

As for the fuel one tuner said the difference between the fuels could be almost 5rwkw, i think when i get the tune done i will stick with 95, - 98 is just too expensive to justify it, especially the way we get a** raped everytime we are at the bowser because our govenment is too piss weak to do anything about the extortion thats happening.

Cheers

Phil

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

what do you guys think on getting a used x3 box of ebay, (getting one that the owner has flashed his car back to standard, so that the generic ones will work on my car) like a way to save some cash, then when i get the money get a custom edit

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

It will still need to go back to the US to unlock it. Don't bother, buy a new one dude!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

how do you tune a car with a ECU and no mixture adjustments without flash tuning it?

give it a new mechanics tune? new plugs, fuel filter, k&n air filter, tank of premium and new coils? :lol:

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2