Fordmods Logo

XH intake noob questions 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:

So is it just me or do these air conditioners suck in the E series?


The A/C in my EF is awesome!
I guess having the thermo-fans really does make quite a difference over the EA-D series.

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 849

Joined: 3rd Jan 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

Location: North Richmond
NSW, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

So is it just me or do these air conditioners suck in the E series?


The A/C in my EF is awesome!
I guess having the thermo-fans really does make quite a difference over the EA-D series.


My air con in my EB2 is icy cold. Most of the time I have the fan on 1. That's with the clutch fan too.

 

_________________

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

So is it just me or do these air conditioners suck in the E series?


The A/C in my EF is awesome!
I guess having the thermo-fans really does make quite a difference over the EA-D series.


My air con in my EB2 is icy cold. Most of the time I have the fan on 1. That's with the clutch fan too.


I noticed mine was icy cold but when it was on 1 or 2,But if i put it on max it just was not as cold ( as all cars do) but the EA did it more then others

But it was so under powered , atm i think the gas has leaked out its been about 18 months i guess since its been driven 4 years since re gas
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

My a/c was awesome when I fit the thermo fans. After my accident in october last year, when it was time to regas it, *apparently* my evap core in behind the dash leaked, and it wasn't gassed up. Funny how the evap core was only a couple years old. I'm thinking I was s**t by the shop that did the repair work on the car....

I'm going to fit a new evap core soon, will be interesting to see if I can see the leak it was supposed to have. System had dye in it, won't be hard to find the leak if it had one!

When I had a clutch fan, the a/c was very average, unless you were moving, then it was great.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
My a/c was awesome when I fit the thermo fans. After my accident in october last year, when it was time to regas it, *apparently* my evap core in behind the dash leaked, and it wasn't gassed up. Funny how the evap core was only a couple years old. I'm thinking I was s**t by the shop that did the repair work on the car....

I'm going to fit a new evap core soon, will be interesting to see if I can see the leak it was supposed to have. System had dye in it, won't be hard to find the leak if it had one!

When I had a clutch fan, the a/c was very average, unless you were moving, then it was great.

Cheers

ToranaGuy


Dam stupid shop, yea you will find it very easy if it is leaking at all

Yeap that is exactly what i am meaning about needing to move
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:11 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 233

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF GLi Manual, '91 EB Wagon

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

EF_wanabe wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Lucky bugger, I've been looking for one of those for my EB


Whats one of those worth down in Waikato ?


No idea, haven't been able to find one :lol:

If I could find one at the local wreckers it would only be about 4 bucks


The time will come before you know it.

When you least expect it you will see one



Found one in NZ, but is looking like 50 bucks plus shipping :cry:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Installed yay i hope the mod bug hasn't hit me
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XH intake noob questions
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 849

Joined: 3rd Jan 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

Location: North Richmond
NSW, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
Installed yay i hope the mod bug hasn't hit me



It will. And then one day you will ask yourself why, oh why don't I have any money? :lol:

 

_________________

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot], Locko90 and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:24 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names