Fordmods Logo

central locking broke.. need help asap 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: central locking broke.. need help asap
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

i have an ef falcon gli, and when i pressed the remote to open the doors something very bad happend.. it just kept opening and closing constantly and it didnt stop. even after i managed to get into the car when i quickly opened the door for the spilt second it wud let me get in, i started the car. still didnt stop. so i had to disconnect the battery, and take the fuse out for it.
i really want to fix it. i need help?
please
thanks heaps

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

VIC, Australia

it can be one of two things..

1. one or more of your door mechanisims are cactus

2. one or more of your CL actuators are stuffed

or both..

[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:25 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

it usually one of the actuators
when you unlock the car one of the actuators is coming up to slow.
eg if your driver side actuator reaches its unlock position before the pasenger side. the drivers actuator will try to lock because the bcm thinks the pasenger button has been pushed then it will just keep going around in circles untill it evens out

another thing you can try as a temperary.try unlocking or locking the car with the key from the pasenger side and drivers side. some times opening the lock manually will unstick a slow actuator.as in most cases if you have the remote to unlock your door you dont normally use the key and as the actuators get old they start to get lazy.
i use to do that in my eb because sometimes a pasenger would accidently push the door button with his elbow and they would be going up and down for 5 to 10 mins then they would even out and stop. then i would have problems with every day so i started using the key to unlock it and the problem went untill someone accidently pushed the door button again.
i eventually fitted aftermarket actuators and never had a prob after that..
hope that helps lol

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

yeh that does help actualli. has shed sum light on the situation. how much did u pay? and are the actuators like the motors?

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xr6 ef

VIC, Australia

I found that if you turn car on a few times and do locking button it fixes it, it works for me

~Rozza

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
it usually one of the actuators
when you unlock the car one of the actuators is coming up to slow.
eg if your driver side actuator reaches its unlock position before the pasenger side. the drivers actuator will try to lock because the bcm thinks the pasenger button has been pushed then it will just keep going around in circles untill it evens out

another thing you can try as a temperary.try unlocking or locking the car with the key from the pasenger side and drivers side. some times opening the lock manually will unstick a slow actuator.as in most cases if you have the remote to unlock your door you dont normally use the key and as the actuators get old they start to get lazy.
i use to do that in my eb because sometimes a pasenger would accidently push the door button with his elbow and they would be going up and down for 5 to 10 mins then they would even out and stop. then i would have problems with every day so i started using the key to unlock it and the problem went untill someone accidently pushed the door button again.
i eventually fitted aftermarket actuators and never had a prob after that..
hope that helps lol

My EL XR6 does this from time to time but it cycles a few times and then returns to a locked state, usually it will work the next time with the key but unfortunately the passenger side key trick can't work in an EL as they don't have a passenger side key....
Mine mostly does it when it is cold...

Do it once, Do it right!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

i find it only happens when my car has been sitting in the sun on a really hot day

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]