Fordmods Logo

factory amp in the ED 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

And not everyone has the same opinions on what good bass is.

I for one only want to enhance my basic system with a little bass, not be heard three blocks away and shake the windows in the houses as I drive past.

Different people have different needs.

I intend to put in a factory sub in my EB and run it off the factory amp. I don't want the weight of a box or the incovenience either.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

PIMP_LTD wrote:
I have a jbl amp, and its rubbish. Also i have a 10" sub in the falcon, and it pumps fine. I agree with outlaw, dumb teens at cheapass outlets aren't very good for advice.

My 2c.

what a load of crap. i bought JBL as a gamble. not knowing the quality, and it has never let me down. it sounds good and has never overheated like my old pioneer did

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

EB S-pac wrote:
PIMP_LTD wrote:
I have a jbl amp, and its rubbish. Also i have a 10" sub in the falcon, and it pumps fine. I agree with outlaw, dumb teens at cheapass outlets aren't very good for advice.

My 2c.

what a load of crap. i bought JBL as a gamble. not knowing the quality, and it has never let me down. it sounds good and has never overheated like my old pioneer did

Oh mine never over heats, it just has poor sound quality. I didn't buy it, it was given to me new, and its s**t.

Combined with crap speakers, maybe you don't notice, but mine is running JL's, and it just ain't good enough.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6

QLD, Australia

EB S-pac wrote:
outlawxr6 wrote:
EB S-pac wrote:
danbode wrote:
wow i didnt even know you could get a 6 channel amp haha, im looking at getting an after market 8 inch sub and puttin it in the parcel shelf and using an afetrmarket amp to power it, do they sound good? has anybody done it? i wanna save room in the boot.

yeah mine is a JBL 560WRMS 6 channel. runs everything in the car. 8 inch subs are crap full stop. always 12" minimum. and parcel shelf subs sound crap full stop as well

Wow there is some sweeping statements, 12's minimum..... 8's are crap but I suppose that JBL amps are REALLY good......

I think not!!!

8's can sound good if done properly, like most things they need to be done right, you certainly don't need 12's as a minimum it is up to personal taste, me I like 10's and I have had loads of different ones and have had some expensive 12's and they were absolutely hopeless!!!!!
The rear shelf can be a good idea, BUT you will need to stop the rattles. If you can stop the rattles it would be ok for a small system.

The key is to do it PROPERLY not because some teenager at Strathfield or JB says otherwise....

whats wrong with JBL? huh?................
12" and 15" are the only way to go. obviously your buying crap if they were hopless. and you'd need like 3 10" to sound decent. and seeings as how the guy has a gas tank he'll have to use a shallow excursion sub which are also very crap

Ok, I hardly think that MTX Thundercast series subs at $650 ea they are hardly cheap crap. They hit very, very hard but had no real bottom end ie sub 30hz yet my supposedly crap 10's would do this way easier and still sound very tight and something that I am sure would evade some people but they sound musical not just for making ridiculous amounts of bass for people to hear in the next suburb.
JBL amps have very high distortion figures compared to good amps and are generally made in China or Korea or someother garbage place and a comparison to Pioneer, well, Pioneer is ok low end stuff but hardly what you would call great. There is more to amplifiers than whether or not it overheats (which is usually caused by poor installation or incorrect usage rather than poor design) but never mind someone needs to keep Strathfields & JB Hifi's "experts" employed....

Over the years I have heard systems with a single 10 that when playing MUSIC sounded much better than systems with multiple 15's which are often only good for sloppy boomy type bass which totally dominate the mids and mid-bass but some seem to think that this sounds good!!!!!

Do it once, Do it right!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

^^^^AMEN^^^^

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Post subject: Re: factory amp in the ED
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia 2004

NSW, Australia

Im pretty content with my 10" Running off my Factory Amp in the Monty 8-)

I just need a decent Head Unit :cry:

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ED GHIA V8

NSW, Australia

nannas_ed wrote:
lethal EA wrote:
Ok thats sorted, now 1 more thing>
My deck wiring is connected to a loom which i assume would have been the original plug into the harness, now my front and rear speakers are connected to this loom so does this mean the speakers are powered through the deck or the amp?

if there wired into the factory loom behind the cd player then yes they would be running through the amp.

If the stereo is connected to the factory loom (not the round amp cable) and there is sound now, whats happens when i add rca's to the amp and power it up and disconect the head unit speakers?? or is the premo audio spliced into the factory low series speaker wiring also??

I could probably work this out myself but since the amp is f**k pop riverted in its a bit hard to see everything.

Black ED Ghia
V8 with lpg
Full leather
waitng on sunroof..

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2