Fordmods Logo

Whats your opinion??? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Whats your opinion???
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2555

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Location: No Where
NSW, Australia

Just bin looking at some of the screens, came across Sony. I know that their speakers arnt that good, but what say their screens and DVD? Just wondering if any one has used this brand screen or DVD?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 192

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Quote:
Tomek
Just bin looking at some of the screens, came across Sony. I know that their speakers arnt that good, but what say their screens and DVD? Just wondering if any one has used this brand screen or DVD?


yes ur right there speakers r s**t, but there dvds n screens would be up there wid da best id imagine. they make good televisions so i cant c y their incar screens would be s**t.

but in sayin that i hav neva seen em.

 

_________________

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Son make their televisions; they dop not make their incar lcd screens!
However, this does not render them of s**t quality, still very impressive IMHO.

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:37 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 384

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF Ute

Location: Narre Warren
VIC, Australia

i thought they were a bit overpriced for wat they are

 

_________________

Explorers gone, bring on the ute.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 2351

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Yeah their speakers are s**t.
But i got a Sony 7-inch motorised in dash screen and it hasn't given me any problems so far, and the quality is really good.
I personally can't complain about it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3772

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

afaik its only the sony car speakers that are s**t, all other sony stuff is still good, there h/u infact ( ithink anyway) up with pioneer and alpine
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2555

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Location: No Where
NSW, Australia

Any one had problems with dead pixels???
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I have a sony widescreen tele at home, i know its not incar, but its very very good quality and no dead pixels.
Then again, ive had no dead pixels out of any of my 3 lcd screens, i can honestly say working with lcd screens that there isnt that many with dead pixels, and the ones that i have seen go have been replaced by warrenty, even the cheapest ones we sell.
I know it doesnt say much for car lcd screens, but lcd technology certainly has come some way in the past 5 years, but still sucks with sports LOL!

Fkn low refresh rates! :evil:

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2555

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Location: No Where
NSW, Australia

Daniel wrote:
I have a sony widescreen tele at home, i know its not incar, but its very very good quality and no dead pixels.
Then again, ive had no dead pixels out of any of my 3 lcd screens, i can honestly say working with lcd screens that there isnt that many with dead pixels, and the ones that i have seen go have been replaced by warrenty, even the cheapest ones we sell.
I know it doesnt say much for car lcd screens, but lcd technology certainly has come some way in the past 5 years, but still sucks with sports LOL!

Fkn low refresh rates! :evil:


Yep but then again you could say that CRT screens are better because they can get true (i think 16 million coulor) where as Plasmas and LCDs need higher voltages which arent possible to sustain so it basically flickers through differnt colours really fast. All screens have there ups and downs. From what i read only two brands offer a warranty on dead pixels i think its Samsung and Acer.. One of them having a one year warranty the other 1 week.

Oh and its also good to hear that they have broken through the 100" barrier with LCD's
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:21 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1204

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I've just puchased a Sony 7' fully motorised screen (DVX-77) and the Sony DVD player that is compatible with this headunit (DVX-11A)....haven't got them in the car yet but i'll let you know how they turn out.

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Tomek wrote:
Daniel wrote:
I have a sony widescreen tele at home, i know its not incar, but its very very good quality and no dead pixels.
Then again, ive had no dead pixels out of any of my 3 lcd screens, i can honestly say working with lcd screens that there isnt that many with dead pixels, and the ones that i have seen go have been replaced by warrenty, even the cheapest ones we sell.
I know it doesnt say much for car lcd screens, but lcd technology certainly has come some way in the past 5 years, but still sucks with sports LOL!

Fkn low refresh rates! :evil:


Yep but then again you could say that CRT screens are better because they can get true (i think 16 million coulor) where as Plasmas and LCDs need higher voltages which arent possible to sustain so it basically flickers through differnt colours really fast. All screens have there ups and downs. From what i read only two brands offer a warranty on dead pixels i think its Samsung and Acer.. One of them having a one year warranty the other 1 week.

Oh and its also good to hear that they have broken through the 100" barrier with LCD's

1st of all, CRT (glass screened conventional style televisions) are in most cases of higher picture quality over your Plasma/Rear Projection/Projection and in some aspects LCD screens also.
Of course if you are comparing a cheap nasty CRT to a true HD capable LCD you will be kidding yourself to believe the CRT is better.
CRT’s also have their main down factor or size/weight of the unit itself – if this can be considered acceptable by the owner, there is almost no other reason to why they should not choose CRT over Rear Projection/Plasma/LCD so long as they can find one of good quality and within the size desired.
Generally rule of thumb is CRT widescreens won’t be produced above 86cm in the diagonal due to cost and technology limitations.
An 86cm Sony CRT for an example retails at anywhere from $4500 to $5500 and this is mostly due the ether 86cm size, if you were to go to 76cm it would be considerably cheaper.
Anyway, off track there – LCD screens currently arent available any larger than 93-95cm on the diagnalin retail however soon we will be seeing them a bit larger, and with an even larger price ticket. Majority of people cannot differentiate the colour differences between CRT and LCD unless in a dark scene where the black area of the picture may look slightly “patchyâ€￾; however most people wont notice unless looking for it or its pointed out.
Also majority of companies now offer Pixel Protection which allows replacement of the unit with a brand new item if 2 or more dead pixels are found OR are within the middle 75% of the screens viewing area. (This may not apply to computer monitors)
I have an ACER PC LCD monitor due the fact when I brought it, it was considered to be of high quality and came with a good warranty with pixel protection – I have yet to experience any problems with pixel drop out.

Although for In-Car use, its simple, LCD all the way, no way im lugging round a CRT television in my car!
:roll:

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 8655

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

Location: Adelaide CBD
SA, Australia

re: dead pixels. This usually occurs at point of manufacture and/or distribution. Any decent retailer will fully test each and every LCD/TFT screen for dead pixels before sending it out.

And pixel protection makes for piece of mind 8-)

 

_________________

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2450

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Actually these days LCD screens are better than their CRT counterparts, due to the now 12ms and faster response times! However, you will have to make sure you get an LCD screen with this as I am not entirely sure if this has become a standard or if only some companies use such technology.

 

_________________

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
re: dead pixels. This usually occurs at point of manufacture and/or distribution. Any decent retailer will fully test each and every LCD/TFT screen for dead pixels before sending it out.

And pixel protection makes for piece of mind 8-)

Exactly right, and if the Screen is opened and found to have any "dead" pixels you will find they will swap the screen over right away no Q's asked - it doesnt happen often but its know about and seen to by manufacturers these days, I would not let it put you off the technology entirely. :idea:

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2555

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Location: No Where
NSW, Australia

Seeingwe are talking about such screens.... Whats everyone thinking with the competition between DVD-HD and Blue ray???
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:30 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names