Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

timmay_73 wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does shortened shocks and bushes do?

Shortened shockers, or short stroke shocks, are simply that... They have a shorter stroke, or length of travel, than standard shocks. All this means is that when you put lower springs in your car you're shocks will not be riding half compressed all the time as short stroke shocks have a shorter normal compression.

The springs (mainly) determine the height of the car and the shockers simply dampen the bumps. Aftermarket short stroke shocks usually give you a firmer ride and stops your car floating all over the place like most low cars with standard shock do.

I did my entire car myself with Koni's and superlow springs for $350. It's a piss easy job for anyone with half a mechanical mind.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

MoNGooSE wrote:
Mate don't listen to people who tell you that you have to pay $250+ for decent SAFE tyres. I've got no-namer MONONEW 245/40ZR's on my 18" wheels that I paid a meesley $120ea new for.

They handle better than my last POTENZA set I had and They've still got good tread on them after 5000km. And I give my car a flogging with a few smokies (legal) here and there. Not to mention my mate who owns the local Bob Janes said they looked like sweet tyres when I took it down to have them checked out.

All up I paid $1450 for my brand new BA Typhoon wheels in pre-AU offset with a full set of tyres fitted and balanced all posted to my door.

dont even have to run no-namers. i've got kuhmo's on mine that i payed $150 each, 235's quite happy with them, 2nd set of kuhmo's i've bought.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
MoNGooSE wrote:
Mate don't listen to people who tell you that you have to pay $250+ for decent SAFE tyres. I've got no-namer MONONEW 245/40ZR's on my 18" wheels that I paid a meesley $120ea new for.

They handle better than my last POTENZA set I had and They've still got good tread on them after 5000km. And I give my car a flogging with a few smokies (legal) here and there. Not to mention my mate who owns the local Bob Janes said they looked like sweet tyres when I took it down to have them checked out.

All up I paid $1450 for my brand new BA Typhoon wheels in pre-AU offset with a full set of tyres fitted and balanced all posted to my door.

dont even have to run no-namers. i've got kuhmo's on mine that i payed $150 each, 235's quite happy with them, 2nd set of kuhmo's i've bought.

Agreed, I picked up a some 19" Nankangs for about $230 each. Yeah sure, Nankangs are nothing special, but for a car that only comes out on weekends, no complaints here!

Formerly SpuDEF

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2