Fordmods Logo

EB FALCON WITH A EF-EL FRONT END? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EB FALCON WITH A EF-EL FRONT END?
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 EB hybrid monster

QLD, Australia

Hey there, I need to know if this is even possible... I have purchased a nice straight EB GLI. Iv guted most of it out, now i want to add a EF-El front to it (including interior). Iv noticed the doors are all the same on EA-EL's to iam wondering would a EF-El gaurds sit straight on a EB??? i want to do this right coz its gonna be a show car. Iam confident enough to say iam 99% sure that the gaurds and boonet should fit straight on with out to much hassels, BUT what i dont know is... am i beter off removing a EF-EL radiator support and putting that on the EB So the lights will fit snug???

Iam a pannel beater by trade and have no worries unpicking the radiator support off and welding the new on... i just want to know if anyone has heard or even know if its possible???

I think it would look sweet but of course i need some oppinions, iam over the EB gt style bodykits that you see around and i want to do something thats different... so can some one please tell me if its possible and if iam forgeting anything to do... i still need to purchase a half descent EF-El to do this but until then can i get some opinons... cheers guys.

Weapon of choice, EB shell with a EL XR front powered by a BA engine.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Post subject: Re: EB FALCON WITH A EF-EL FRONT END?
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

Hey man, it has been done a few times.
I remember a dark EB with an EL XR front end...and a white EB with an EF GLi front.

I'm pretty sure the lights and panels from and EF/EL will line up with the EB holes.

I dont know about the radiator support...but hey your a PB so thats not a problem.
I say go for an EF/EL Fairmont front end rather than an EF/EL GLi front.

EB with EF/EL Fairmont front end with moulds from whatever the front end is..and a custom EF/EL/EB rear bar..then come down to my work and il give it a lick of paint..im a spraypainter..duh :lol:

EF/EL Ghia dash and seats will be next i hope!

Last edited by EFFII on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8 ute

VIC, Australia

smithykicks85 wrote:
Hey there, I need to know if this is even possible... I have purchased a nice straight EB GLI. Iv guted most of it out, now i want to add a EF-El front to it (including interior). Iv noticed the doors are all the same on EA-EL's to iam wondering would a EF-El gaurds sit straight on a EB??? i want to do this right coz its gonna be a show car. Iam confident enough to say iam 99% sure that the gaurds and boonet should fit straight on with out to much hassels, BUT what i dont know is... am i beter off removing a EF-EL radiator support and putting that on the EB So the lights will fit snug???

Iam a pannel beater by trade and have no worries unpicking the radiator support off and welding the new on... i just want to know if anyone has heard or even know if its possible???

I think it would look sweet but of course i need some oppinions, iam over the EB gt style bodykits that you see around and i want to do something thats different... so can some one please tell me if its possible and if iam forgeting anything to do... i still need to purchase a half descent EF-El to do this but until then can i get some opinons... cheers guys.

Now, I could be way off here, but I dont think ef/el front guards would even come close. Not without a lot of work anyway, for something that, I for one, think would look f**k stupid to say the least.

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Festiva TrioS

SA, Australia

well there used to be a bright orange ED with an EF front on it running around Mt Gambier, externally looked pretty schmick though the interior was and badly managed combo of the EF/ED interior and looked like crap cos ED door trims dont match well to the EF dash (or was it other way round, im talking about 4 years ago when i saw it so things are getting a little hazy) though did see and ad for it on sale a year or two here in adelaide

so it can be done and look nice

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

hi there i have seen a ed with the ef front on it so it can be done but i am not 100% sure if it is all bolt off and bolt on but i think it is, as for the intera it is a straight swap over. hope this helps

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Festiva TrioS

SA, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
Now, I could be way off here, but I dont think ef/el front guards would even come close. Not without a lot of work anyway, for something that, I for one, think would look f**k stupid to say the least.

wow great way to make a first impression mate :roll:

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

I reckon it looks fucekn stupid aswell

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Why not just buy an EF???? Its not like there expensive FFS.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Sweet to hear that its been done before... iv been searching every where on the net and in ford mags to see if some one has ever done it, I have to agree with you EFFII about using a fairmont front, i did think of using a XR but that would probly throw the look of the car out, If i can pick up a damaged or write off EF-EL sometime shortly ill have a go at the conversion and post some pics... cheers champs

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Why not just buy an EF???? Its not like there expensive FFS.

I agree with you there, you can get them cheap, however iam a massive fan of the E series in particular EB and the EL, i just want to go all out and do something slightly different, Iam not keen at all on non gen parts like fibre glass kits and all, but i wanna create a falcon that looks like factory without all the junky scoops and crap on it, I can see how it may seem a waste but working in the pannel beating industry its not a hassel to change, cut, add and modify, if it looks but ugly unpainted iam not gonna go ahead with it and just stick to doing a EB up with EF-EL trims and dash.... ill see how it goes, thanks

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Also I'm pretty sure EFII is talking out his a*** again, and the bolts do not line up for the panels, lights and front bumper.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:10 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

I seen a eb with a EL/EF front in at the Autofest on the australia day weekend..
But wat i wanna kno is Can a Eb front go on a Ef/el :D

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Also I'm pretty sure EFII is talking out his a*** again, and the bolts do not line up for the panels, lights and front bumper.

Yeah i did take that in concideration about the head lights and front bar... thats why i asked if i had to unpick a EF-EL radiator support and weld it on the EB.. iv been checking out the differents between eb and ef gaurds and they look exact except the obvious smoother look on the EFs... but the line that runs across from quarter panel to gaurds are exact and if theres no difference between a EB and a EF door you wouldnt think it be a hassel. the only thing i ccan think of besides changing the quarter would be having to move a few bolt threads on the squirt... but iam just predicting, cheers

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Ford-sxr6 wrote:
I seen a eb with a EL/EF front in at the Autofest on the australia day weekend..
But wat i wanna kno is Can a Eb front go on a Ef/el :D

I guess so dude, if a EF front could possibly go on a EB then the same can apply... with the EB on the EF.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:20 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the guards bolt up to the inner guard but from the radiator support forward is completely different
so you need to completely remove the radiator support and weld in the ef one.

i had an ef wreck that i trial fitted ea guards and bonnet..
i know its opposite to what you want to do i just did it to compare the difference..
the guards lined up ok the bonnet fit but there was no way it would latch due to the radiator support being different.

here is a pic of the ef with the ea bonnet before the guards were trial fitted..

Attachments:
DSC00995.JPG
DSC00995.JPG [ 60.18 KiB | Viewed 401 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next