Fordmods Logo

El chrome numer plate surround 

Page 3 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

I will repeat myself again. The first picture on you're first post is whats on the second picture if you look properly there is a border as how you have marked it. My information is very correct and also i have stated what the pictures you have posted. So don't blame me for your own mistakes. I will also tell you this second pic you have there was taken with the flash ON so it made that area of where you have marked look like chrome. So do the maths.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:27 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

It's only a thin layer of chom under neath then you lose the shiny finish (just sanded a little where the number plate will sit)

"You only need 2 tools, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape!"

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: BFII Fairmont Ghia, Silver

VIC, Australia

If you don't like the grey bit, ef_paddy, you could mask over the chrome edging and spray your car colour over the grey. That'd make the chrome stand out more?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:26 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

asizzy wrote:
I will repeat myself again. The first picture on you're first post is whats on the second picture if you look properly there is a border as how you have marked it. My information is very correct and also i have stated what the pictures you have posted. So don't blame me for your own mistakes. I will also tell you this second pic you have there was taken with the flash ON so it made that area of where you have marked look like chrome. So do the maths.

I'm not sure who owns the car in the pic but I really really doubt any type of flash could make matt plastic look like chrome.

"You only need 2 tools, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape!"

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:29 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

regency wrote:
If you don't like the grey bit, ef_paddy, you could mask over the chrome edging and spray your car colour over the grey. That'd make the chrome stand out more?

Yeah i was considering that though i really like the idea of it being chrome so i'm going to price up having it electro plated chrome, provided it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount. Can anyone confirm if they came out with the whole surround chrome?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

Fairmont spear alone looks a lot cleaner and better imo

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ef_paddy wrote:
i'm going to price up having it electro plated chrome, provided it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount. Can anyone confirm if they came out with the whole surround chrome?

Remember the whole thing is made of plastic, not metal.

All EL Fairmonts and Fairmont Ghias, which are the only models that came with this surround, had the grey bit in the middle ex factory.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:01 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

regency wrote:
ef_paddy wrote:
i'm going to price up having it electro plated chrome, provided it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount. Can anyone confirm if they came out with the whole surround chrome?

Remember the whole thing is made of plastic, not metal.

All EL Fairmonts and Fairmont Ghias, which are the only models that came with this surround, had the grey bit in the middle ex factory.

Sounds like i'm wrong about the chrom which sucks... I know it's plastic so i'll probably be going through the bronzing studio in castle hill... they said they can do it just waiting on a price... Will let you guys know how i go and how it looks

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ef_paddy wrote:
Thanks for giving me the wrong info... If you hadn't been 100% sure i would have preferred you didn't comment.

Sounds like i'm wrong about the chrom which sucks...

Well i think someone owes me an apology.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Yeah dude i get it i'm wrong i'm sorry not really in the mood for someone to say i told you so

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

The entire plastic piece is chromed, even under the grey paint. I used paint stripper for a few minutes to remove the grey finish before I masked up and resprayed mine in that area.

Mike

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Wow so that area is chrome under the grey paint...wow. why the hell did they paint over it? But in my opinion it looks good with thet bit painted. :)

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:53 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Mike when you used the stripper did it just leave behind the chrome finish and was it a good finish or would you say you needed to paint over it?

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

The chrome finish was OK, but the painted area accentuates the curved side sections. It looks better painted!

Mike, Oz

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ef_paddy wrote:
regency wrote:

Yeah i was considering that though i really like the idea of it being chrome

This is what it looked like after my mate sprayed the number plate surround in Regency Red where the grey bit was.

Attachments:
EL painted number plate surround.jpg
EL painted number plate surround.jpg [ 30.46 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next