Fordmods Logo

extractors and cats on fg or bf 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: extractors and cats on fg or bf
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

anyone on here heard about an fg with a high flow cat and or extractors? i had them on my ba, and have some here to put on my fg. difference is the ba has a different emission control system or some whosit, whereby there is only one oxy sensor. bf's and fg's have 2 oxy sensor's, and run to updated emissions standards. ive heard that the oxy sensors on a bf/fg is fairly sensitive, and so having hi flow cats and extractors will set off issues via them. any truth to this? apparently if they do cause issues they can be avoided with a flash tune. my car being under warranty, what would a flash tune do to that? is the extractors and or cat going to be an issue?

Post subject: Re: extractors and cats on fg or bf
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

so no one has put extractors or a cat on a bf or fg yet?

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

the b series started to have a lot more sensors in the exhaust for emissions. havent heard of heaps of people swapping the cat, but if you put one in i think youd have to re mount them in to the pipes somewhere as the fuel economy will do all sorts of strange s**t

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hi mate

I recently replaced my entire zorst from headers to tip, I have an 2006 BF sedan and its got the dual o2 sensors. You are correct in that there will be an issue, the check engine light will come on the dash if you plug the sensor straight back in. The zorst shop i went to has an adapater for the second sensor which has stopped the light coming on for me ( i did heaps of research around this before getting it done) i asked him further about it when he was fitting the system and he said its actually an idea hurricane (the brand of my entire system) came up with, basically its a piece of short piping which you screw into the side of the cat (where the sensor would normal go) and then plug the sensor into that pipe, that way its only sensing the air thats in the little pipe and not actually in the cat where it is moving at a faster speed and would cause an error.

Its interesting you mentioned fuel economy fifty one because mine has gone up since fitting the entire system (although only by half a litre and i have been giving it to the car heaps just to enjoy the sweet sound it makes) I am going to fit CAI to it next and eventually get a tune which will help me get more power and also the fuel economy. My zorst guy said when you get the tune just remove the adapter and plug the sensor straight back in and tune the error out (i will probably just leave it though as it doesnt cause any issues at the moment). I will try and take a pic later tonight and post it up so you can see what i mean.

I actually got him to straigten the adapter because when he first installed it was angled down and was the lowest point of the car and was scraping on my driveway, but its all good now :D

Oh yeah when i mean i got my entire system done i got extractors onto a hi flow 200CPI cat and then hooked up to straight through mufflers all through 2.5inch piping so there is no bottle neck anywhere, he actually installed the same system on his FG XR6 ute and used the adapter and didnt have a problem with it. I used dapto mufflers - http://www.daptomufflers.websyte.com.au/

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hi mate

I got some pics of this adapter that hurricane came up with and my exhaust guy made up. sorry its so close up, my car is quite low to the ground and this was on my phone. you will see the CAT on the left. That bar at the bottom of the screen is just a bracket which would fit for the BA but mine is a BF so there is no where for it go.

Another one with more of the sensor visible.

New Build Thread

Old Build Thread

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

hmm intriguing idea. so you have no issues with it?
do they have a perth workshop?

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nah my guy won't have a shop in perth as hes only a small exhaust shop. Someone with basic metal working skills would be able to make the same thing up though. I mean its just a small pipe with thread in each end, one to screw into the side of the cat and the other for the sensor to screw into. Yeah havnt had any issues with it (eg engine light coming on the dash) so it seems to be working. As the oher guy said in regards to economy - mine has gone up but only slightly and i have been fanging it alot so thats probably all it is.

I will see if i can take a better pic over the weekend where you can see the whole thing to get the idea better.

New Build Thread

Old Build Thread

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6

VIC, Australia

phatba wrote:
anyone on here heard about an fg with a high flow cat and or extractors? i had them on my ba, and have some here to put on my fg. difference is the ba has a different emission control system or some whosit, whereby there is only one oxy sensor. bf's and fg's have 2 oxy sensor's, and run to updated emissions standards. ive heard that the oxy sensors on a bf/fg is fairly sensitive, and so having hi flow cats and extractors will set off issues via them. any truth to this? apparently if they do cause issues they can be avoided with a flash tune. my car being under warranty, what would a flash tune do to that? is the extractors and or cat going to be an issue?

He mate,

I just put on 4495 pacemaker extractors hi flow cat etc and it last 2 days and my MIL light come on. I freaked out a bit as i did not know if by driving it it would cause any damage or not, and then i was pointed to this thread. As for the flash tune thats my next step and with the flash tune when u do it, it saves your original factory tune on the flash device. From looking around at various places ive found prices vary from $1100 - $1500 for a custom dyno flash tune. Hope this helps

FG XR6 (NA) 4495 PACEMAKER EXTRACTORS, HI FLOW CAT, 2 1/2 CAT BACK EXHAUST, VG V8 SNORKEL AND AIR BOX. Custom Tune (Herrod Motors) 166rwkw, 518NM

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmm 1.5k for a tune - damn!!! as for damage to your car - no you won't be doing any it just probably isnt running as well as it should, whats your economy been like since fitting the extractors etc?

New Build Thread

Old Build Thread

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6

VIC, Australia

phil545 wrote:
hmm 1.5k for a tune - damn!!! as for damage to your car - no you won't be doing any it just probably isnt running as well as it should, whats your economy been like since fitting the extractors etc?

Ive only had it on for 5 days now so its a bit hard to tell, and plus now with the new noise it makes you tend to want to give it more stick to hear all the new sounds. When im over it i will try to drive normally to compare it

FG XR6 (NA) 4495 PACEMAKER EXTRACTORS, HI FLOW CAT, 2 1/2 CAT BACK EXHAUST, VG V8 SNORKEL AND AIR BOX. Custom Tune (Herrod Motors) 166rwkw, 518NM

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]