Fordmods Logo

Making number plates 'Invisible' to cameras! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Making number plates 'Invisible' to cameras!
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Has anyone heard of that 'invisible' spray paint they released a few years back that claimed it could hide your number plate from speed / red light cameras etc? Well i searched around google a few years back, found that you could not buy it anymore but read through some of the feedback's that customers had left, one guy noted that the spray can he received had a sticker on the can with a serial number matching that of a general acrylic spray can availible from any hardware store -

So intrigued by this, i went into the hardware store and bought a can of acrylic spray that had the same little sticker... Now, ive moved from Gippsland and have been living in melb for almost 18months, i have sped through a few intersections that have red light / speed cameras (80 in a 70 zone) numerous times during the day and night and i have not received any tickets!

Over the last two years i have noticed in varying sun lit conditions the plates are a LOT glossier, some photographs they illuminate the entire plate past any form of identification, which rocks! Maybe a few layers across the bonnet of the car could help with the scratches and block out everyone else speeding though :P

City link cameras read my plates though :( lolz, thats ok, i just didnt want to get anymore tickets!! :P

Has anyone had any experience with this?
All i had to do was remove the plates after having washed the car, spray a few layers of clear over them - which protects them from scratches and bugs very well, leave them out overnight to dry and stick them back on the next morning :) And presto, $7 later you aparently have 'invisible' number plates :P That matched with the Uniden gps camera alert thingy availible from ebay for $100odd (at times, some users want $200) i am pretty set, a trained eye to spot police cars a mile away, undercover subarus, commodores and fords, common sense and gut insitinct i dont think i can ever lose :P

Any comments??
CHeers
Matt

it can be fast and cheap,but it wont be reliable
it can be reliable and cheap,but it wont be fast
or you can be fast and reliable,but it wont be cheap

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Umm, its illegal, and when the police contact me asking for your email address and IP address, I'll be required to pass it over by law..

If it wasn't illegal, then yeh - excellent find!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

yeah probably not the best thing to do boasting about on the net.. if your going to do stuff like that at least keep quiet about it :D

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Post subject: Re: Making number plates 'Invisible' to cameras!
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

-GAS-MAN- wrote:
City link cameras read my plates though

so those camera's still see your plate - what makes those camera's different to speed camera's then?

oh, and just to point out the obvious - 'clear paint' is exactly that. :roll:

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hey dude instead of spraying your plates maybe you could just do what the ricer jap boys do with their skylines, supra's etc.

Attach the plate on a bracket which points halfway to the ground :roll:

Seriously though, why speed through intersections anyway? Are you aware cars are trying to turn across your path?

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

havent you seen the mythbusters episode.
IT DOESNT WORK
you have just been lucky to never go through when there was film in the camera.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

i just sold my xr8 and bought a 6cyl wagon and PRESTO no more speeding fines lol if i get one in the old waggsy i deserve it coz i must have been winding it up for ages lol

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

won't work with any camera using infra red

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i have to ask this as what was said in a reply sounded childish

hey Waggin why would the police contact you ?, do you have a bat phone to the police ?.

if the guy is silly enough to brag about s**t like that let him fall on his own sward.

BANNED

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:09 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

glass (real glass not perspex, polycarbonate, lexan whatever) blocks IR really well. And it's nice and glossy.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

In case you're not already aware, it’s a well known fact that the police browse internet forums looking for motorists who break the law and brag about it online. A user on this forum was done by the Victorian Police for a burnout video he posted on the internet, so I don't see how this confession of obstructing a numberplate is any different.

As the Administrator of this site, I would expect that I'm the first and only point of contact if the police wish to obtain particulars about the user who posted.

Its funny how someone wilfully breaks the law, confesses, and then when the facts are laid down, I'm called childish. I'm just bring it to everyone's attention that if [in your words] they're silly enough to brag about it online, then they will fall on their own sword.

BuNtEr wrote:

hey Waggin why would the police contact you ?, do you have a bat phone to the police ?.

if the guy is silly enough to brag about s**t like that let him fall on his own sward.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:40 pm 
Technical Contributor

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Waggin wrote:
In case you're not already aware, it’s a well known fact that the police browse internet forums looking for motorists who break the law and brag about it online. A user on this forum was done by the Victorian Police for a burnout video he posted on the internet, so I don't see how this confession of obstructing a numberplate is any different.

As the Administrator of this site, I would expect that I'm the first and only point of contact if the police wish to obtain particulars about the user who posted.

Its funny how someone wilfully breaks the law, confesses, and then when the facts are laid down, I'm called childish. I'm just bring it to everyone's attention that if [in your words] they're silly enough to brag about it online, then they will fall on their own sword.

BuNtEr wrote:

It looks childish if you jump up and say you would lag the bloke in like that, as a admin at best you should PM him and deal with it that way and/or edit his post.

Im not trying to ague with you just saying it as i saw it.

BANNED

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:44 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
It looks childish if you jump up and say you would lag the bloke in like that, as a admin at best you should PM him and deal with it that way and/or edit his post.

Post something illegal, get told its illegal, get told the consequences of posting illegal things, i fail to see the childish side.
It wouldn't be 'lagging' him in either, waggin would be legally obliged to provide that information.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Post subject: Re: Making number plates 'Invisible' to cameras!
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

-GAS-MAN- wrote:
i have sped through a few intersections that have red light / speed cameras (80 in a 70 zone) numerous times during the day and night

-GAS-MAN- wrote:
i dont think i can ever lose :P

Any comments??
CHeers
Matt

yeah - with that attitude I hope you do loose, but don't take anyone else out in the process!! That's a rediculous post to make!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
Waggin wrote:

BuNtEr wrote:

quit while your ahead.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next