Mudflap Mod! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

i dont mind the mud flaps...

dont look that bad.. and nothing worse than following a car on a wet day without mudflaps and them flicking s**t all over you cause your behind them ! argh!

so it might look cool on your car, but think about others! meh, who does that these days!

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
chunkz wrote:
f**k, when i look at a car i dont look at mud flaps

but when you look at a woman. you look at her .....

lol if i check out a woman, i hope to check the flaps out yeh :P
but not if they're muddy

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

Bah, I put some vinyl cleaner on mine (and the wheels too) and they all come up real good. You couldn't care less IF you take them off, scratch the s**t out of the underside of your doors and the rear underside.

I rest my case.
Image[/quote]
Geez mate I think your very nice clean car need a little LOWERING as it looks like a 4WD at the moment :roll: :twisted:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

GTBob wrote:
Bah, I put some vinyl cleaner on mine (and the wheels too) and they all come up real good. You couldn't care less IF you take them off, scratch the s**t out of the underside of your doors and the rear underside.

I rest my case.

Geez mate I think your very nice clean car need a little LOWERING as it looks like a 4WD at the moment :roll: :twisted:[/quote]

Lol. Well when I get some spare cash I'd like to lower it and put those rims HTCurry has on.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Till Lind: If you lower your car your mudflaps will come off if you want them to or ot, so stfu.
Plus not all cars are scratched under the flaps, my old fairlane was on the back only, but got new bumper anyway; this one is fine.
Im not saying when i look at cars i look at the mud flaps, i never said such a thing!
What i am saying is if I look at a car over all to judge it, as you do when people post pics or say "what should i do to my car next" then i see them and they make it look less sleek and more cluttered.
Mine had to come off either way, being LWB and lowered there is no way i can get over speed humps or in and out of driveways without scraping them, and if you have a passenger, expect them to crack/snap forcing you to remove them.
Regarding following people without them, i agree - very annoying, but truth is the ones that work are fairly low to stop most offspray, causing them to break off easy, like the el ones.. Other than that you could use the rubber ones on your car, but they look even worse.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

Daniel wrote:
They make a clean looking car look like sh!t, and yes they do stick out

:D

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Happy wrote:
Daniel wrote:

:D

Whats your point?
Was that post a mistake happy?

If you read my post properly i say..

Daniel wrote:
Im not saying when i look at cars i look at the mud flaps, i never said such a thing

However i also said..

Daniel wrote:
if I look at a car over all to judge it, as you do when people post pics or say "what should i do to my car next" then i see them and

Daniel wrote:

Have you got nothing better to do with your life than to play stupid games with what peoples opinions are, like wtf?
:roll:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

so it's just me that the "they make a clean car look s**t" and "I don't look at them" seem a bit mutually exclusive statements?

FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

im thinking of getting some FORD truck ones and putting them on like a rally car with chains an all that :shock: :roll: (with a pinch of sarcasm - yes i do have em (factory ones not truck ones) and i keep thinking - do i pull em off or colour code em - still undecided)

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Last edited by bentfairmont on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Happy wrote:
so it's just me that the "they make a clean car look s**t" and "I don't look at them" seem a bit mutually exclusive statements?

Neither of those comments were said together in relation to each other and certainly not in that context Happy.

They were said to imply that I don’t look at mudflaps on all cars I see, obviously, unless asked the question "what should I do to my car" by a mate or other member; with this question you begin to look at a car with a lot more detail and find the big and small points.
Again the same deal with "they make a clean car look s**t" (when I say clean I don’t refer to non dirty car) as if I looked at some persons car after they asked what to do next and I then seen the mudflaps, Id suggest that in my opinion they make the car look s**t as obviously this person is trying to alter their cars appearance from stock. A nice sleek car with mudflaps doesn’t appeal to me, and I am not being stereotypical here saying all people hate these mudflaps, all my comments have been my opinion and I have said "to me" or "I think" with these statements so I don’t see what your issue is.

If you have something else to say Happy, speak to me directly, this BS is just pathetic and you obviously have a personal issue with me here.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

man you get fired up easily

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

first day I bought my car, first thing I took of were the mudflaps, 2nd thing was the roof racks. haha

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Leave the mud flaps on!!! :D :)

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:31 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Ha ha, should have started this in flaming! Mudflaps are apparently quite a touchy subject!
As soon as I FIND these f**k mudflaps, I will be the pioneer of 'Mudflap Modding', it might get it's own forum or even it's own site 'flapmods.com'...
And when I get it done, I will take a picture that conveniently obscures the fact my car sits like a 4WD over 16's....

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

chunkz wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
chunkz wrote:
f**k, when i look at a car i dont look at mud flaps

but when you look at a woman. you look at her .....

lol if i check out a woman, i hope to check the flaps out yeh :P
but not if they're muddy

Your just too fussy, a bit of mud never hurt anyone.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next