Fordmods Logo

New Custom Bonnet & Front Bar for Super Pursuit 

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

Being an ex-panel beater, this car would have taken an enormous time effort and money. this car is supercallafreakin awesome. the sheer man hours , the idea, the vision it comes from a beautiful mind. i had the utmost pleasure to have seen this remarkable 'one of a kind' automoblie in person, the interior is amazing the two tone HoK just syeals your attetion. when your driving i wont be due to staring at your car and probbaly running into a tree.

fantastic vision.
great work

Go The Mighty Falcon.

2004 BA XR6 FORD FALCON
COLD AIR INTAKE, FLASH TUNER, 2 1/2 PERFORMANCE EXHAUST, JOHN BOWE SIGNATURE SERIES BILLLET THROTTLE BODIE, REFLECTIVE TINT, CLARION 5X7 WITH INBUILT CAPACITOR,NOW WITH FUSION ENCOUNTER 10 IN SUB+AMP, RED SMOOTH CALIPERS, BUT STILL ONE NUTS DRIVER.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

NSW, Australia

Lumpy_Camo wrote:
Being an ex-panel beater, this car would have taken an enormous time effort and money. this car is supercallafreakin awesome. the sheer man hours , the idea, the vision it comes from a beautiful mind. i had the utmost pleasure to have seen this remarkable 'one of a kind' automoblie in person, the interior is amazing the two tone HoK just syeals your attetion. when your driving i wont be due to staring at your car and probbaly running into a tree.

fantastic vision.
great work

Well your comments have certainly given me a boost with ideas and plans I have been implementing over the last 18 months. The development of the custom Ford parts has been a very expensive exercise. Starting in September I will have a range of 7 custom bonnets and 2 front bars. This has taken us 3 years of R&D -

I started out to make myself a one-off bonnet because there was no after-market custom products available for the Ford - many clone copies but nothing really original or different.

I am retired and not in it for the money - what money we have made out of the venture had gone back into the development of custom products for the BA/BF range of Fords - to be quite honest, it really is a hobby, a past time that has allowed me to at least do something with my spare hours.

Of course they are not to everyone's taste but every new owner of one of my products have had nothing but praise for the quality and build and as you know by having seen my Super Pursuit, seeing it in person is a hell of a lot different than seeing it in an image.

The HOK paint job certainly draws attention - Andrew, from AA Panel Craft in Bowral who painted the ute is one of Australia's top Custom Painters. Rides he has painted this year took out Top Custom Paint at Summernats and MotorEx 2008 - the cars also took over 22 top trophies.

Mark, from Black Needle Auto Upholstery has also had a chance to bring his dreams into reality by working on my ute - we have a lot of talent here in Australia but due to limited demand for top custom jobs, they cannot put their talents to the test - unlike the US where high paid sports personalities and the like walk into a custom detailer, etc., and order anything with money not being a concern.

Ciao - James

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

James.
I saw the car in the flesh the other week, and i have to say- it is sooo much better than the awesome pictures you put up.
I ALMOST BUMPED INTO YOU AS I WAS WALKING AND NOT WATCHING WHERE I WAS GOING!
lol
You must get that all the time! :)

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

festymick wrote:
James.
I saw the car in the flesh the other week, and i have to say- it is sooo much better than the awesome pictures you put up.
I ALMOST BUMPED INTO YOU AS I WAS WALKING AND NOT WATCHING WHERE I WAS GOING!
lol
You must get that all the time! :)

Hi Festymick - you should have come over and had a chat - could have shown you some of the hidden stuff that makes it all different.

Thanks for your comments.

Ciao - James

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

That would be very cool- and i might just hold you up to that one!

Thing is, i look up to guys like you and i feel somewhat intimidated by it.. :(

I am slowly adjusting, but i still feel out of place to chat with someone of incredible standards.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

SP021 wrote:
nannas_ed wrote:
agreed. the bonnet looks tuff, but that new bar is a pox. too much mesh.

it would alright if you sitched the 2 side grill son the bar, ditched the quad spot lights and made the lower grill 1 big opening and mesh similar to that on the fpv's

but the it would just be a lightly modified typhoon bar

The object was to create a custom job - did not want it to look like a clone of another Ford. This also applies to the quad fog lights - never did like the 2 large lights on the original bar. As for the front bar, mine being a show car stands out a bit more than the norm - especially with the mesh being finished in brass. you can opt out of the mesh under the lights and also paint them in black or colour match to your own car. Just by doing any of these things will give your car an individual look.

Ciao - James

Dont get me wrong, full marks for effort and individualism, seeing as it is a show car then id say thats what you were going for. I just cant see this being a big hit if it goes into production

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

nannas_ed wrote:
SP021 wrote:
nannas_ed wrote:
agreed. the bonnet looks tuff, but that new bar is a pox. too much mesh.

it would alright if you sitched the 2 side grill son the bar, ditched the quad spot lights and made the lower grill 1 big opening and mesh similar to that on the fpv's

but the it would just be a lightly modified typhoon bar

The object was to create a custom job - did not want it to look like a clone of another Ford. This also applies to the quad fog lights - never did like the 2 large lights on the original bar. As for the front bar, mine being a show car stands out a bit more than the norm - especially with the mesh being finished in brass. you can opt out of the mesh under the lights and also paint them in black or colour match to your own car. Just by doing any of these things will give your car an individual look.

Ciao - James

Dont get me wrong, full marks for effort and individualism, seeing as it is a show car then id say thats what you were going for. I just cant see this being a big hit if it goes into production

Could never see Ford using any part of the design in their cars - is is a pity though that they do not make some of their top range FPV models look more aggressive - some design concept that makes it a real standout from the normal models. I have had some good comments from FPV engineers saying that they wish FPV would be a bit more adventurous in their designs.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:36 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i reckon the first pick looks fkn wicked mate.

BRENT#24-go the SAINTERS

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Freak6 wrote:
SP021 wrote:
ge2589 wrote:
Freak6 wrote:
good on ya for making something unique but i wouldnt go for that and if i saw that around i would probably just laugh at it.

theres just way to much going on there. the bonnet is ok but with the front bar it all looks way to much like a cheese grater.

ok people can bag his car out but it is his car and he can do wat he wants with it its always been his dream to do it so lets let him and encourage him along the way hope everything pays off for u james

Thanks ge2589 - negative comments will never stop me from doing what I want to the car - by posting on the site, you like to show people what you have or can achieve - you basically design and do what pleases you.

Ciao - James

sorry mate my first comment was a bit out of line.
i never like to put peoples creations down, i love what youv done with the trailer and in that pic with the ute and trailer the front looks much more complete.

keep on taking the car further mate i dont what anyone to stop working on there pride and joy because of a stupid comment.

Hi Freak6 - thanks for the update and comments.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

BRENT#24 wrote:
i reckon the first pick looks fkn wicked mate.

Thanks Brent - hope to have some more images after next weekend. Will take some shots with the trailer all set up with the barbecue etc.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: boonga ute

SA, Australia

looks good, only thing that doesn't suit me is the carbon fiber bumper. paint it black, will looks hot. good work.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4