Fordmods Logo

Radiator/Neon hook up 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Radiator/Neon hook up
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

OK first of all ive found out that my radiator pipe is all corroded and is falling apart so i need a new radiator, how much do u think i would be able to pick one up for, im joping FTG have one for cheap but if not i would love to know how much...

also ive got 4 blue neons and im hooking them up inside the car with a switch if anyone could give me a diagram that would be fanstatic i have a Ford Fairmont EF if that helps.

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: AUII XR6 VCT

WA, Australia

How do you know you need a new radiator? is your car over-heating or anything? because if it isn't you could get away with just replacing the hoses but if your dead-set on a new one they are about $350 brand new i think, second hand you can get them as cheap as $50 but you dont know what the internal condition would be like and you could end up back where you started so its worth going new or re=conditioned

As for the neons where are you placing them ? the more specific you are the easier it is for people to help you but its as easy as either running a wire off an existing wire i.e light or ciggie lighter or running one from the battery with a fuse in it, just make sure you place the switch before any of the lights and ground it properly at the other end.

www.aufalcon.com/dunkly

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ok well the radiator nozel that connects to the hose which is attached to the back of the headlights has corroded and the hose will not fit onto the radiator causing extreme water leakage. My dad and i worked on it all day but nothing could be done to stop leakage.

As for the neons i would like them under both footwells and under the seats attached to a switch which will be place on the left of the steering wheel directly under the fuel gauge.

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: AUII XR6 VCT

WA, Australia

k well u definetely need a radiator,

and for the neons i think you would be best off running them from the power off the back off your cigarette lighter that way you can run it behind your dash to your switch and from there to wherever you want your neons and you could even put the earth under one of your seats as well.

www.aufalcon.com/dunkly

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF II wagon

SA, Australia

i got a new raidator from melbourne last week $109 http://stores.ebay.com.au/Kims-Radiator-Warehouse
made in china but it looks ok. also a good idea to replace all of the cooling/heating system hoses unless you have done this lately.

EF2 wagon stockstandard with plenty of leaks and other problems

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ohh cool thank you so much i didnt think they looked like that lol?

is the radiator on the left hand front corner of the car if your sitting in it? just making sure... EF fairmont 1995

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=24

read that for your neons, specifically the part about adding footwell courtesy lamps, as this is what your trying to achieve.
if you do that then you can control the neons with the switch on the headlight switch, rather than another seperate switch, and they will fade out like all you other interior lights, turn on when you unlock the car, off when you start etc etc.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:00 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yeah i thought of that but i do not want the roof courtesy light on when driving because it is illegal as it distracts other drivers, i would never have them on while driving by myself its just a show off thing. ive already changed all the globes to blue so when i unlock the car there is a blue glow visible to passers by etc. ;)

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

theyll get f**k annoying and distracting if you leave them on while driving anyway.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

i can drive with them at footwells but i can see the top one in the corner of my eye and its a pain in the bumhole

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

radiator its the big thing in the front of the car with 3 big hoses comin off it

as for neons do you want them to be switched on /off with or with out ignition on?

with ignition on you can wire them off the power window switch as its a central point for all 4, if you want them them to be able to operate any time run a fused wire from a constant positive source like the battery or keep alive memory from the back of you head unit

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i wasnt talking about leaving them on while driving, thats fukin gay to start with. obviously your gunna see the interior light on the roof, but fuk have fun driving anywhere out of a well lit city with the footwells on.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

settle mate each to their own...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]