Fordmods Logo

SHOW US YOUR MODDED FG... 

Page 4 of 17 [ 251 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: SHOW US YOUR MODDED FG...
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford FG

ACT, Australia

Its a little late but, but here's a vid of my car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0&feature=plcp&context=C4594c94VDvjVQa1PpcFMYjLDdf2FMsh9CQkyFVuSxkDTgGJBwFgI%3D

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: fpv ute

QLD, Australia

sorry my bad its a 6spd auto im doing a turbo upgrade on a ba at the moment and im in 4spd land haha

I should have the charger done in about a week just gotta get a quote on a dyno tune and ill be good to go :)
The front mount in the pics is a GReddy 300x600 it actually fits perfectly haha the piping to suit the charger is gonna be fun i had it initially setup for turbo conversion then came across a cheap supercharger and couldnt say no. Ill have the charger hooked up without the intercooler to start with give me some time to make some fancy piping ill post pics up of the charger install through the week

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: MK2 FG XR6T UTE - SILHOUETTE.

QLD, Australia

joshyd wrote:
sorry my bad its a 6spd auto im doing a turbo upgrade on a ba at the moment and im in 4spd land haha

I should have the charger done in about a week just gotta get a quote on a dyno tune and ill be good to go :)
The front mount in the pics is a GReddy 300x600 it actually fits perfectly haha the piping to suit the charger is gonna be fun i had it initially setup for turbo conversion then came across a cheap supercharger and couldnt say no. Ill have the charger hooked up without the intercooler to start with give me some time to make some fancy piping ill post pics up of the charger install through the week

all good mate haha.
yeah can't wait for more pics mate.
whats the plan for the exhaust i see you have dual outlet rear bar im looking into a dual exhaust but cannot find anyone with an off the shelf dual system for the fg xr6 utes so am thinking of getting the back half of a herrod xr8 ute system and trying to match it with the front half of their xr6 ute system.

who are you using to tune it mate, when i was ringing around hardly any workshops in briz had tuned let alone installed centrifugal superchargers on the 6 cylinders bullet cars at yatala was the only one from memory.

obie.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO
Stage 4 Atomic Cams,Full 2.5" XFORCE Exhaust (Headers + Hi Flow Cat + Catback)
Powerbond 20% Underdrives,Growler Cold Air Intake
Full Custom Tune (Xcal 3) - 170RWKW.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Exhaust im goin pacemaker 4490 with 3 inch straight through, deleted cat, 1 muffler and 1 resonator split at the diff to two pairs of 2 1/2in drift pipes :) should have a good grumble to it....Ive got a mate here on the goldy thats done the exhaust on every car ive ever owned, he's the gun and good price i pay $750 from the extractors back....

I know that chiptorque here on the gold coast have tuned supercharged ba falcons before i just dont know how they go price wise will call them up tomorrow and get a quote on a tune.

Ill post some more pics of the interior of the car tomorrow i got it pretty decked out with premium colour icc and a mac mini installed in centre console ;)

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:

man i cant wait to do the exhaust system on mine properly yours sounds sooooo good haha i keep putting off pacemakers for other mods cause im worried about the check engine light coming on due to the o2 sensors not reading correctly after the exhaust is installed but i think i need to just bite the bullet cause i want mine sounding like yours haha.

you should consider a cam upgrade man then that thing would sound even more gorgeous and have even more guts haha.

0bie

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

joshyd wrote:
Exhaust im goin pacemaker 4490 with 3 inch straight through, deleted cat, 1 muffler and 1 resonator split at the diff to two pairs of 2 1/2in drift pipes :) should have a good grumble to it....Ive got a mate here on the goldy thats done the exhaust on every car ive ever owned, he's the gun and good price i pay $750 from the extractors back....

I know that chiptorque here on the gold coast have tuned supercharged ba falcons before i just dont know how they go price wise will call them up tomorrow and get a quote on a tune.

Ill post some more pics of the interior of the car tomorrow i got it pretty decked out with premium colour icc and a mac mini installed in centre console ;)

haha pimpin 8-).
does this guy do just custom exhausts from scratch or do you reckon he would be able to t up the modified herrod system i was talking about? cause i dont really know anyone for exhaust work like i know there are a few guys around but i havent looked into it yet too much, but will be looking soon just gotta get my rear bar ordered and painted and a fifth 20" advanti rim as i scraped the hell out of my front left after having them on only two weeks haha im sure thats a record.

dont know anyone for rim repairs by chance do you? lol.
the interrior sounds pretty sweet man. :D

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford FG

ACT, Australia

obie89 wrote:
mcinnesfg wrote:

man i cant wait to do the exhaust system on mine properly yours sounds sooooo good haha i keep putting off pacemakers for other mods cause im worried about the check engine light coming on due to the o2 sensors not reading correctly after the exhaust is installed but i think i need to just bite the bullet cause i want mine sounding like yours haha.

you should consider a cam upgrade man then that thing would sound even more gorgeous and have even more guts haha.

0bie

It sounds loud and drony when your driving slow, but when you put the foot down its good.
Ive been told to put a restrictor on it, it will stop the drone while keeping the speed :)

For the 1st few weeks of the exhaust i never got a o2 sensor, but as of the last week, its come on -.- so i have no idea how to fix that, or what it means -.-

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

it has to be tuned out by a workshop.

just more motivation for that custom tune you were talking about earlier in the thread lol.
yeah the growler seems to be the culprit in mine low down but boot it and she howls lol.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

@ joshyd more pics man need more pics lol.
i want to see the interior already bro.

obie.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

heres some more of the interior just took them today on my iphone so they not the best qual and the car isnt the cleanest :)

Attachments:
mac install FG.jpg
mac install FG.jpg [ 476.17 KiB | Viewed 478 times ]
IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg [ 476.45 KiB | Viewed 346 times ]
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0103.jpg [ 459.3 KiB | Viewed 370 times ]
IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0102.jpg [ 422.2 KiB | Viewed 367 times ]
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg [ 484.68 KiB | Viewed 300 times ]

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

looks wicked dude so you literally have mobile computer wired into that the colour icc? Thats sweet man i new you could do that with pcs but not macs Haha. Just havent seen that before man. Did you install?

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Cheers bud, yeah its a mobile mac pretty much haha its hooked up so once you turn the mac on it takes over the ICC screen. Ive got a wireless broadband modem wired up to it aswell haha yeah i did the full install when i put the colour ICC in....If your ever chasing a colour screen BA to FG ICC i have them available most of the time if not i can order one in and they pretty affordable too compared to ebay prices i can do a FG colour premium ICC in silver facia for $750 or Piano black with matching centre console for $1050 :)

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

joshyd wrote:
Cheers bud, yeah its a mobile mac pretty much haha its hooked up so once you turn the mac on it takes over the ICC screen. Ive got a wireless broadband modem wired up to it aswell haha yeah i did the full install when i put the colour ICC in....If your ever chasing a colour screen BA to FG ICC i have them available most of the time if not i can order one in and they pretty affordable too compared to ebay prices i can do a FG colour premium ICC in silver facia for $750 or Piano black with matching centre console for $1050 :)

definately keen man will Probs hit you up in a few months for a black one man that is a good price. Is there any reprogramming to do to the car when you do it like i heard you have to match the number of the new icc to the car electronically or it wont work. Not sure how true that is. You going to power cruise mate?

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Yeah when you get a new ICC you need to take it to ford to reprogram, all ICC units are VIN locked to the car the come from and when you replace yours it needs to be matched to your ECU. Usually costs between $80 and $120 at a ford dealership. Was gonna go to power cruise but ive got a s13.5 drift car that i was gonna drive but its off the road getting a new kit and paint job and wont be ready so prob gonna give it a miss this year....might just have to power cruise my local industrial areas once this chargers on hahaha :)

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

joshyd wrote:
Yeah when you get a new ICC you need to take it to ford to reprogram, all ICC units are VIN locked to the car the come from and when you replace yours it needs to be matched to your ECU. Usually costs between $80 and $120 at a ford dealership. Was gonna go to power cruise but ive got a s13.5 drift car that i was gonna drive but its off the road getting a new kit and paint job and wont be ready so prob gonna give it a miss this year....might just have to power cruise my local industrial areas once this chargers on hahaha :)

haha your all over it lol too much money i think lol.
I hear you about the cruising with the charger lol cant wait to eventually do mine lol.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 17  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next