Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

Monty wrote:
Aurora 98 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
looks hot dude .... be keen to hear what "Aurora 98" has to say bout it ... dude really knows his car care s**t

Thanks for that mate

I checked the product website on the weekend while at naracoorte and many of the things stated about wax, teflon etc are quite accurate and I was impressed by that

Though stating that people use up to 250 litres of water to wash a car is BS

I used to use around 50 max, general public may use 100 or less
The price of the product however really puts me off. The technology for markless no water washing is not at it's best yet but no doubt that you can use no wet, dri wash n guard and kleen dri shine and save water with absolutely minimal marring of paint

However here is what I recommend for those using dri wash n guard

Use it once and then do a traditional wash at home or go to a self serve car wash (preferably a pro wash place with warm water) and do a warm/hot shampoo and water rinse and finish off with a high pressure rinse and dry with your choice of towels

Then go back to the dri wash
This way you won't be buying another large bottle for about four months

From what I read on their site, the dri wash product would be better than no wet as it apparently contains polymer sealant, whereas no wet's is a wax and I dislike waxes now days

Wax doesn't become part of the paint, it just sits on top and would be removed by the next no wet wash as it contains an ultra fine polish

Basically, try it once your paint has been polished or polished and sealed or waxed

If after using any of these no water products, the paint doesn't still feel silky smooth or if the paint does not look it's best, go back to water washing

That is how I test shampoo's & waterless washes

My paint must stay slick or smooth, not lose it's lustre after using them and product be capable of removing some nasty grime without marring

Well said as That is what I will do but the pait is silky smoth after using the dri wash. I fell better when I was the car first before a treatment but I also wash more then doing the treatment as this saves me money and it stil shines and is protected for up to six months.

you must remember monty that these waterless washes contain a fine polish and that small amount of protection you r putting on with each wash could be removed by the next wash due to the polish in it. i would still recomend using atleast a few coats of a proper sealnt just for piece of mind.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Post subject: Re: thanks
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

millard455 wrote:

you must remember monty that these waterless washes contain a fine polish and that small amount of protection you r putting on with each wash could be removed by the next wash due to the polish in it. i would still recomend using atleast a few coats of a proper sealnt just for piece of mind.

I found out that my Dad has been using dri wash for the past five years on his prado and it is still in Mint Condition looks just like new and it is driven every day and gets wash with a car wash in between treatments and it still bead the water like the day it was put on. So no it does not wash the polish component out when the car is was with water and a car wash without wax product in it.

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

All this talk fo washing makes me want to go wash mine.. :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 AU1 Tickford XR6 VCT - galaxy

SA, Australia

UPDATE

I am about to receive some bottles of a brand from WA (made there)
Brand is kleen dri & shine and they also make clay bars, polishes and sealants.

1 x 236ml bottle of their dri wash and polish is ten dollars. Oxy off is fifteen

I have no doubt that this will be the best dry wash product in Australia since my fellow detailers in WA all use it and love it

Compare that with pricing of dri wash n guard.

I found out about this company from australian auto dreamz.com forum that I am on (they sponsor it) and for those in WA, it would be interesting for you to compare it with dri wash n guard and if KDS's one is better or as good, it would save you some serious money.

June 9 - Sept 3 - in boise idaho USA
Sept 5 - ressurecting the AU XR Falcon and back in the car scene

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2