Waggin wrote:
MoTec Mx00's are 100% CAN compatible ;)

Any chance to brag about the MoTec.... :wink:
But has the Waggin stopped blowing smoke yet? hmmmm??? lol

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

So all i need to do is buy a MoTec! I didn't realise it'd be that simple ;)

MoTec is also compatible with 6 and 8 cyl from EB onwards yes? I can't imagine i'd be driving anything other than any combination of the above... and if i can simply unplug from one car and into another, maybe MoTec would be a worthwhile purchase?

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

MoTeC is definantly CAN compatible.. I have a Parrallell to CAN cable to program the motec, the MoTeC Dash Logger and Dash Display are both CAN devices.. this doesnt answer how easy it would be to integrate the MoTeC with the BA Dash, but atleast we do know that they both will talk somehow on the CAN bus :)

MoTeC will run anything from go-karts and lawnmowers to V8 Supercars and everything in between and far beyond :)

Most aftermarket systems will..

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

haggis wrote:

MoTec is also compatible with 6 and 8 cyl from EB onwards yes? I can't imagine i'd be driving anything other than any combination of the above... and if i can simply unplug from one car and into another, maybe MoTec would be a worthwhile purchase?

and the $$$ cost is ............. i doubt its that simple.

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
haggis wrote:

and the $$$ cost is ............. i doubt its that simple.

Hehe the wink was supposed to carry the hint of sarcasm. Yeah it seems that my question has been answered, no thanks to the people telling me i should just buy a BA.

I am serious about the MoTec though, just need to find out what its truly capable of and wether or not i'll get my moneys use out of it over the lifetime of owning falcons.

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

Yes I agree, This site inspires you to do things to your Falcon you never thought of when you bought it. It keeps you off the streets. Sometimes litraly
:P

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

bogan393 wrote:
cheaper to buy a ba.

I agree

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

GlennAUII wrote:
bogan393 wrote:
cheaper to buy a ba.

I agree

pttth.. any schmuck can do that - this is something which is b e a utiful if he pulls it off!! ;)

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

falconea wrote:
Yes I agree, This site inspires you to do things to your Falcon you never thought of when you bought it.
:P

I stumbled across this site while looking for after market ECU's and now after going through the posts on this site and the mods some of you guys are doing, I've got all kinds of crazy thoughts going through my head. :P The post on my MS install will give you an idea of what I've gotten myself into. :shock:

And I just can't resist to ad 'Waggin' that the upcoming UltraMegaSquirt also uses the CAN buss if your a crazed DIY'er. :lol:

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

heres the big question. what is it that people prefer about the e series to a ba? other than the fact that they can afford it. myself nothing all that much. dont get me wrong i like the e series but the ba is better sure whatever ba parts u can sucessfully graft onto a e series might make it look better but im betting most people would prefer a ba than a e series with ba interior. but hey if u can make it work cheap go for it! i personaly thought the interior dimensions were bigger?

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

na2fairlane wrote:
heres the big question. what is it that people prefer about the e series to a ba? other than the fact that they can afford it. myself nothing all that much. dont get me wrong i like the e series but the ba is better sure whatever ba parts u can sucessfully graft onto a e series might make it look better but im betting most people would prefer a ba than a e series with ba interior. but hey if u can make it work cheap go for it! i personaly thought the interior dimensions were bigger?

The thrill is in the modding :-)
And typically, its easier and cheaper to mod older cars than newer cars, (no always!!) especially for the home mechanic.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Happy wrote:
GlennAUII wrote:
bogan393 wrote:
cheaper to buy a ba.

I agree

pttth.. any schmuck can do that - this is something which is b e a utiful if he pulls it off!! ;)

i reckon doing something like a whole new custom cluster would be cheaper and easily better looking than the BA cluster. BA cluster would be a nightmare to get working properly in an E series, and they don't have things like battery volts, oil pressure etc.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

na2fairlane wrote:

Okay, there is no denying it, the BA is a sweet car. and if i were offered one i would know it back.

BUT

the e series (specially the EF/EL imo) are a great looking car, that doesnt do the whole driving thing too badly, are cheap, and are easy to mod. Ilove tinkering with my car, pulling s**t out and poking around, installing stereo and so on...

if i were stuck with a BA XT i would go mental with the stock sound system, but it is to difficult to change!! :?

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

nicco wrote:
na2fairlane wrote:

Okay, there is no denying it, the BA is a sweet car. and if i were offered one i would know it back.

BUT

the e series (specially the EF/EL imo) are a great looking car, that doesnt do the whole driving thing too badly, are cheap, and are easy to mod. Ilove tinkering with my car, pulling s**t out and poking around, installing stereo and so on...

if i were stuck with a BA XT i would go mental with the stock sound system, but it is to difficult to change!! :?

yeh true story thats the only thing im not looking forward too but theres a company which can upgrade from the standard unit to the premium sound now so im guessing it should be possible and probably increasingly easier to install whatever u want.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next