brand new aftermarket A/C suction&discharge hose sets 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: brand new aftermarket A/C suction&discharge hose sets
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Hey guys,
So I've bought this hose set brand new off the net seeing as I went through about 4 dud second hand hoses from the wreckers. Didn't even know they made these after Aftermarket brand new. Got mine in the mail today and the item looks quality. Going to fit it this arvo and then gas it up, see how I go.

Just thought it was worth a mention as I haven't seen anyone else selling these. Might become a bit of a rare item to find one in good condition....

http://speedyairspares.com.au/catalog/Ford-246-1.html

Cheers,
Corbin

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Post subject: Re: brand new aftermarket A/C suction&discharge hose sets
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've bought a couple of things from there. Great service, definite thumbs up.

The only thing I'm not 100% on is whether the hoses will be compatible with EL systems. There's a note on the website about the connections to the condenser.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Yeah, Jeremy isn't too bad to deal with generally - there is the odd item that is priced good, but generally, average pricing you expect I suppose with A/C gear.

The top hose will suit a late EF or EL 6 cyl.
HO0133 will suit an early EF.
Early EF has a screw on fitting to the condensor, late EF (not necessarily EFII)or EL have a Y bracket and bolt.

Being 10-15yr+ old cars, the compressor front seal will give eventually - a new compressor is big $$$, an option: auto-electrical-forum-f89/ef-el-aircon-hi-lo-side-service-port-fittings-t118561.html .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yep if it's el you need an ef condenser and it will all fit up. That's the only downside. Actually I have a spare el line at home haha doesn't ft my car tho cause mines ef

And +1 on good service. I ordered wed and received today!

About pricing I wasn't too concerned. Working a/c is worth the $$ I meant more like availability side of things cause I haven't been able to find a hose until I stumbled upon this website. Was going to end up getting Enzed to repair my old one or custom make one. But would rather oem looks

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Second hand your best option at a self serve wreckers is get one off a system with gas still in it. Be careful discharging the gas (which is a no no too).
Jeremy did have these http://speedyairspares.com.au/products/ ... 1-172.html on special a few months ago at $99. Big draw card is the copper in lieu of aluminium.
That's the thing too - if radiator is copper, try to get a copper condensor too - galvanic/dissimilar metal corrosion will kill aluminium over time.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah the second last second hand hose I bought from the wreckers had gas in it, but the threaded nut that goes onto the condenser had all the old thread stuck in it from the condenser they took it off and totally stripped the thread on my old condenser so I bought new condenser and got another hose from wreckers and same thing with the thread so we tried cleaning it out as best as possible but would wind on my new condenser 1 thread then bind up. So that's why I opted for a brand new hose set.

Btw fitted and gassed my a/c up yesterday arvo. I was a bit concerned at the flexi hose which goes from compressor to tx valve on low pressure side because the hose kinked really bad once installed because of the angle it had to go on and went even worse when I vacced the system down, but once it was gassed it was all good the pressure took the kinks out.

A/c works well now.

I lost about 130grams of refrigerant since gassing last Saturday using my old hose set which had a leak. Gassed it with 1050grams and recovered 920grams yesterday. So fingers crossed nothin else leaks. I've now replaced evaporator, condenser, receiver dryer, suction discharge hose, tx valve, compressor with Good 2nd hand unit. Only thing I haven't replaced is the hard line which goes from the top of receiver dryer to the lower port of the tx valve.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

IIRC 1050gm is the factory amount, but nowadays outlets will fill to 850gm.
Sounds like you've replaced everything, so 150 ml of oil too.

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeh the sticker says 1000g +/- 50g umm nah I didn't use any oil. What oil do you recommend? I have this Toyota stuff at work but wasn't sure whether I could use it or not for this system. Says like ND-8 on it.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Any oil that's compatible with SP10, or suits R134 refrigerant (I assume that's what you're using).
You need the oil to lube the compressor - replacing a component means adding the equivalent portion lost. New compressors have the oil already added inside them.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah I'm using r134a. And the oil I have is compatible with it. Ill use it next time I evacuate and charge my system. Don't think I'm going to bother with it for now. Compressor just came off the donor car I had sitting at home. If it ever s**t itself ill just get a brand newy...

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

And my compressor has s**t itself. Bought new one last week and installed and gassed up and now my pipe from the tx valve to the receiver dryer is leaking the high pressure one, anyone know where I can get a brand new one? All the places im looking only sell the suction discharge hose. Snap0964 I'm hoping you may know where I could get one from?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]