Fordmods Logo

el faimont ghia interior mods 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: el faimont ghia interior mods
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el falcon

QLD, Australia

hi everyone got a few questions first is looking back through these forums i found a guy that customised his el cluster on adobe putting in some pix of his car as the background he has templates to do it with and instal directions but no instructions on how to edit them on adobe to get the custom background and was wondering if any one knows how to do it the second thing is i have a 7" monitor and a single din dvd player and was wondering if anyone has an idea how to instal the screen to make it look neat and finnaly im after the auto gear surond stereo suround back of counsil and door trims for an el of ef in the wood grain if you could let me know a price plus postage to townsville qld thanks plus any other advice you guy might have on doing up an el fairmont ghia

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi, and welcome to FordMods.

Wow, you have quite a few questions there, and it is quite hard to decipher it all. I suggest you structure your posts more, and use grammar. Us old folks will be more prepared to respond and answer your enquiries in the future.

Q1. first is looking back through these forums i found a guy that customised his el cluster on adobe putting in some pix of his car as the background he has templates to do it with and instal directions but no instructions on how to edit them on adobe to get the custom background and was wondering if any one knows how to do it

A1. This would take several hours to even start writing. No one will be prepared to even consider this. It is up to the individual to learn how to use a software program sufficiently on there own.

Q2. second thing is i have a 7" monitor and a single din dvd player and was wondering if anyone has an idea how to instal the screen to make it look neat

A2. The issue with the single din 7" pop out monitor, is that in an EF/EL it will foul on the instrument surround above the radio section. One method has been to have the unit sitting proud of the radio bezel, but this looks unfinished. For this reason alone, I will be getting a double din unit. Others have gone to the extent of cutting a relief in the instrument surround and fibreglassing a replacement section. You will have to work out what you want to do.

Q3. finnaly im after the auto gear surond stereo suround back of counsil and door trims for an el of ef in the wood grain if you could let me know a price plus postage to townsville qld

A4. the for sale section is there, but may only be available to you after you have been an active member for a while. Otherwise, Ebay is the next best option.

Q5. plus any other advice you guy might have on doing up an el fairmont ghia

A5. As the EL Fairmont Ghia came with all of the goodies, including woodgrain on the door trims etc, there are only a few factory options you can look at. One would be a Fairlane Instrument cluster, and mod your doors for the door ajar function. Have a look in the Technical Documents section for a number of docos on different mods.

Other helpful tips are contained in the stickies at the top of each forum section.

Enjoy your time here at Fordmods.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Post subject: Re: el faimont ghia interior mods
Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: EF fairmont + upgrades

VIC, Australia

Simple mod is el face with ef needles and then you go the blue led's as well

my only word of warning take note(or pictures) where your needles are sitting before removing the dial face's (helps to put it back rite)then once you have fitted the new dials up and needles before screwing it together plug it in the car and use factory test function in the dash to check needle accuracy and adjust accordingly don’t push the needles all the way down as they will get stuck leave a gap and test with finger and with oem dials be careful not to scratch then as they are a mat finish and mark easy marks look shiny

Attachments:
File comment: this is how it looks at night
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 24.81 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

need a rotisserie for a classic resto 0471525912 Tom

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

grahamsbr wrote:
finnaly im after the auto gear surond stereo suround back of counsil and door trims for an el of ef in the wood grain if you could let me know a price plus postage to townsville qld thanks

i have an auto gear selector surround if you want it. has a black economy switch in it. check my for sale thread if you want. i am in townsville too. i used to have a spare stereo surround as well, but unfortunately it became part of my testing for fitting a double din head unit! :lol:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
grahamsbr wrote:
finnaly im after the auto gear surond stereo suround back of counsil and door trims for an el of ef in the wood grain if you could let me know a price plus postage to townsville qld thanks

i have an auto gear selector surround if you want it. has a black economy switch in it. check my for sale thread if you want. i am in townsville too. i used to have a spare stereo surround as well, but unfortunately it became part of my testing for fitting a double din head unit! :lol:

I believe he's chasing the woodgrain version, not the standard stuff

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

touche my good man! i think you may be correct :lol:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Sort by