Fordmods Logo

Interior advice needed...Leather wrapping and seat covers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Interior advice needed...Leather wrapping and seat covers
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 98 EL Falcon

QLD, Australia

Hi guys! I'm doing my 97 EL Falcon from the inside out and so far I've done my door trims in Satin Black with VHT Vinyl Dye which works like a dream and used some vinyl paint on my plastics but already I've had nothing but trouble, not with the products or my car but with people's service! I'm trying to get a price on the seat covers I want with Proseat and it's like every 3 emails I send I finally get a reply! I called him on thursday to kind of hurry it along and am still waiting for a reply...has anyone else had this problem? Is the end product worth the lack of comunication?

I'm also trying to get someone to leather wrap my handbrake and auto knob but everyone I call hasn't got the time of day for me! It must be because I'm a chick as I phoned one mob in Brisbane and he wanted a picture emailed to make sure he understood what part I wanted done?! Even then I still got no reply!? Was my way of saying 'handbrake' or 'auto knob' hard to understand? I even went on to explain the handbrake has a rubber cover that once off exposes metal and thats what I want done and the auto knob is the part you hold when changing gears...So! Who is the best place for leather wraping??

Post subject: Re: Interior advice needed...Leather wrapping and seat covers
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT even think of going with Max at PROSEAT ...I've had a set of seat covers on order (paid $200 deposit) with him now for 4 months, and still don't have them ...he is a complete f**k scheister ...he's done nothing but fob me off with s**t and lies, even giving me a fake Australia post tracking number. At the very least his communication is non-existent ...I don't know how he can still be in business with the way he treats customers.

If you look at his ebay feedback, you will see that he has pulled the same stunt with ebay buyers!

DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

Damn, that's bad news. Thanks for the advice, I was going to get seat covers from them!

Anyone know of an alternative? The Proseat stuff looks pretty good.

Mike

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

where is this pro seat place located? maybe somone should get fair trading involved?

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I've decided to take your advice and not go with Proseat I called and he seems uninterested and never replies so I've gone with Ultimate Auto Trim and so far my order has been started and I only ordered it yesterday! A little more expensive than Proseat but not by much but he replies to EVERY email and get this...usually on the same day! But for 1000 bucks I'm getting black with red double stitching for my seats, matching console lid, handbrake boot and suede roof lining so I'll keep you updated on the wait and the finished product...

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

I got Ultimate Auto Trim to do my old seats in my EF XR6 he does a good job and his communication is good also.

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef futura

NSW, Australia

i've heard Ultimate is good and might go with, any know how the trims attach to seat and do you really need keep original covers on??? thinking might be abit bulky

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:38 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford BA FUTURA 2002Ded Gas Wagon

VIC, Australia

Max at proseat is an a**. Initially before I payed him the money, his communication was ok maybe a day or to get a reply. Once I payed It turned to 2 or 3 weeks to even get a reply. A full month late on delivery, never recieved an invoice or reciept and the quality was fairly poor. Just metal hooks through the Fleather (Fake Leather) with no reinforcing to preven the hook from tearing out of the Fleather. Because I have a Wagon the rear of the back seat is carpeted. What he had stitched in it was like carpet but with no backing! It kinda looked like a Sctchbrite pad only not as thick and you could see through it. The head rests were f**k up and the plastic panel between the posts under the headrests wouldnt fasten and would fall out. The stitchin on the bolsters was too tight and visible between the the material. Emailed him and called his mobile (Left increasingly angrier and abusive messages on his message bank) every day for 37 days before I finally got a responce, which was send it back and he would fix it! Wouldnt commit to a time frame and just didnt seem to care at all. I managed to find out his address and took the 1.5hr trip up there. He works out of his house! had an argument about the quality of his work and his attitude. I wanted my money back and he started being a smart a** and asking for the reciept that he knew damn well he haddnt given me. Lucky for me because I was there un announced he was waiting on some customers, that arrived while this was going on. Long story short I got half my money back and he walked away with his teeth still in his stupid RUSSIAN head.

SO AVOID PROSEAT LIKE THE PLAGUE.

My advice would be to try Blackmans a bit more pricey but 100 times better quality than NON Proseat.

I'm constantly surrounded by IDIOTS!!
Guns and Rockets mounted on cars? Vote NOW on Licence reforms.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

diamondtooth wrote:
i've heard Ultimate is good and might go with, any know how the trims attach to seat and do you really need keep original covers on??? thinking might be abit bulky

Hi mate to put them on properly you dont keep your original covers on you have to thread the elastic straps through the seat so it all pulls down tight.

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Hey guys! I went with Ultimate Auto Trim and he was really helpful always replied and postage was pretty quick for my full seats in my EL, all black with red double stitching, centre console lid material, handbrake boot and black suede headlining material cost me just shy of $1000 I took my original seat covers off and it comes with lots of threads attached so you can thread it thru your seats for a tight fit its a little fiddley but worth it! I'll post pics in my album as soon as I finish my back ones this weekend :)

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EF Falcon XR6

VIC, Australia

Post up some pics. Nice to see the end result.

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

new pics of my seats are in my album :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]