Fordmods Logo

CAMS & gmh screw Ford again 

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: FBT

VIC, Australia

f**k Murphy and f**k Avesco, I hope Ambrose wins the championship then goes on to kick a** in Nascar

"12 yards long, two lanes wide, 65 tonnes of american pride" Fairlane

Post subject: stick it
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Turbo

QLD, Australia

they can stick it up gmh's a**.

There is other motorsport out there like the historic touring and the new don't know the name (gtp).
It would be good to see these cars run on the same day different race as new and old and maybe a super touring class that allows after market bolt ons but no reconstruction of chassis or changing of major components.
Maybe a partition to another tv station to telecast and promote would be good.
It would be more realistic as we could afford to have these cars ourself and not for just those who can afford a billion dollar v8 supercar.

So who can we contact and get this to happen.

Even if we could get nascar or trans amm races telecast.
From the few nascar races i have seen it seems like a fair competion.
I understand Ambrose words(can't recall exact wording) can't wait to get there away from this crap.

Good luck Ambrose I so much would love to see you drive nascar.
Forget all who are jealous of your talent(murph and the holden girls).

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ahhh Nascar. Let's go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round....
How riveting.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Post subject: unknown
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

[quote="Vic"]Ahhh Nascar. Let's go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round....
How riveting.[/quote]

Not 100% sure but I think they do some curcuit races other than oval as well.

Post subject: Re: stick it
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

pkr wrote:

and maybe a super touring class that allows after market bolt ons

Yeah, if thats your idea, ford would get RAPED. The GEN3 responds to bolt on mods so much better then the boss ever will.

But still, Bathurst isnt Bathurst anymore..
Back in the 60's it was road cars with a few little tricks. Now its multi million dollar businesses..

IMO MURPHY SHOULD SHAVE HIS f**k GAY SIDEBURNS AND GO BACK TO NZ AND RACE GO KARTS.

And don't knock A9X's! One of only 2 Holdens that will ever look sexy. THe other is a HR/HT/HG Monaro!.....

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

someone obviously dosen't know how much power can be screwed out of a boss v8, and it's early days too.
give it a couple of years and she'll be better than gen 3's.
oh also ford might wanna put the falcon on a diet to help it's cause.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

[quote="eed-250"][quote="pkr"]

and maybe a super touring class that allows after market bolt ons
[/quote]
Yeah, if thats your idea, ford would get RAPED. The GEN3 responds to bolt on mods so much better then the boss ever will.
[/quote]

Gen 3 come on with its weak rods and pistons.(i said bolt ons not change major factory components)
Also it needs to rev to make its power, not that good on a curcuit as you do need low down grunt.

I didn't wont to go into full detail and still don't as would be a huge thread.
But here is a bit.

Engine internals can't be changed with non factory original parts for the vehicle of choice.
Camshaft and valve train can be changed with factory performance parts but must be of same design.
Cylinder heads can be ported but no adding of extra meterial is allowed.

No inter changing from different models.
I
ntake can be changed but must have same amount of throttle bodies and must not protrude out of engine bay except cold air intake opening which can protrude no more than 50mm.
Extractors and exhaust are free of design as long as factory mounting is used and no modifing of vehicle to fit, must exit in the same place as factory.

No chassis mod or susspension.

Susspension can have shocks, bushes, springs, sway bars changed as long as original mounting points are used and are of same design.

Tyre's are allowed at what ever size but must be off the shelf road treaded as long as no wheel arch or fender mods. Must not fowl on chassis or body.

ETC ETC ETC

In the end you have a car that is from your manufacturer of choice.
That will make the likes of gmh stop selling there poor quality parts as if they keep failing people will truely see who makes the best quality car.
Not the false image they get from v8 supercars.

Even if Ford was to get beaten by the unlikely gen3 it would put the job onto ford to do better.

You can't say Ford would not be successful just look around at the past race records of what can be done.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

pkr wrote:
You can't say Ford would not be successful just look around at the past race records of what can be done.

That is so true man.
It would be a huge wake up call.

But i disagree with the fact you guys seem to think the Boss will respond just as good..
I mean how many Boss's are running quick times with just bolt ons? Only a handful, I can name s**t of Gen3's running those times. I can also name loads of Gen 3s running much quicker too.

In every magazine Road test the BA always get there a** handed in a plate on the circuit. There to heavy, and like you said before, it would be good for them to get thrashed on the mountain and in turn, ford will build REAL PERFORMANCE CARS!!!

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

we all know kiwi's cant fly..... murph proves they cant f**k drive either....

Banned

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

oh comon PKR dont get mad because the A9X hatch and sedan made approx 400/ 100 hatches not many yes, dodgy gearbox a borg warner if that is what its made if can use it, the Xa Xb of the time was just tooooooo damn heavy to have a chance. Just because the hatch in 1979 had the best result of any car to date leading start to finish including pitstop, win by 6 laps then do the best lap on the last lap to show how good it is with the A9X's finishing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ford 9 and 10.

God no i dont think Holden is good now i think Ford and Holden after the late 70's have just built crap after the Lx and Xc no car has had any decent style. Its a race of plastic big $$$ crap. I love the Xy and Xc falcons used to own an Xy still regret selling it.

The drivers of the 70's needed more skill to vibrate a Ford or Holden down the hill at 250kph they just wernt as reliable was definatly a reliabilty race then if you watch some of the races.

issues with the roller rocker did ford have them as an option on the engine cos A9X did so you could run it we did have an illegal sway bar thou, which resulted in a coupla weeks ban for both cars.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

the A9X's killed the touring car scene in the late 70's..... they were becoming unbeatable, and people either bought an A9X or they gave up racing, and when it becomes a one make championship, the other manufacturers withdraw a lot or all support

Banned

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Just looked up the Lj's made the dodgy work of 200 "bathurst specials" obviously to get into the race legally with 15 Aug 1973 CAMS accepted all mods to engine including head. It may have been dodgy but thats just practical thinking. Most people will take a loophole the get somewhere and im sure Ford have done it too but im not one who gets too tied up about technical crap CAMS do there job. Also just take it like a b**ch Holden and Ford got beaten by a mini in 1966 now that is a slap in the face for both teams big V8's smoked by a 4cyl n/a ahahaha...oh and driven by Bob HOLDEN ...so it was always gonna be a winner with a driver having that name :P

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

For a race class where ya can pretty much go silly on the bolt on i think Street car class is pretty open but u can change brakes suspension etc, etc but that just comes down to who can afford the biggest bolt ons.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Im very over Ambrose - he's just another loudmouthed i'm champion so you give way to me or i'll stuff this race - just like skaife. He will be very at home with all those oversexed highly opinionated looser americans racing around in circles in death traps at high speed.
The belaclava thing is just a joke - everyone else was wearing them - i taped the whole thing and kept an eye on them from the begining - i didn't see anyone else not wearing one. And i remember watching ambrose get out of a car earlier this year after winning a race, pulling off a balaclava after getting out of the car.
I've said this before, and got totally flamed for it but...
AMBROSE: Good ridance to bad rubbish

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Post subject: Re: unknown
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

pkr wrote:
Vic wrote:
Ahhh Nascar. Let's go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round....
How riveting.

Not 100% sure but I think they do some curcuit races other than oval as well.

Your right there is actually proper circuit races as well as the long looping races

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next