Fordmods Logo

P Plates On A Cop Car 

Page 4 of 8 [ 108 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:51 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon UTE

NSW, Australia

my mate was a p plate cop, and being a cop, while on patrol, didnt have to display p plates while driving. but when he was off duty, he had to display them.

AUII Falcoon Ute
5spd, Lowered, 2 1/2in Exaust, Genie Headers, XR6 Turbo Intake Snorkel, Au Series 2 17in Tickford Rims

www.myspace.com/wazza13

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

in wa you cant be a cop unless your off your p's. you cant be in a pursuit on a conditional licence. i believe chris said earlier that its not a police tactic to sit next to you at the lights and rev it up trying to incite you to race? can i call crapolla on that one? theres been a yellow xr6t on roe and tonkin hwys, driven by cops, thats tried twice to get me to race him off the lights, and once tried to bait me into racing while driving at 100kmh by screaming up next to me and giving it herbs in short bursts. ive also seen this same car pulling other "hoonish" cars over on at least 5 occassions. isnt that entrapment? what would happen if i took down thier licence plate, and dialled '1800 dob in a hoon'?

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

phatba wrote:
in wa you cant be a cop unless your off your p's. you cant be in a pursuit on a conditional licence. i believe chris said earlier that its not a police tactic to sit next to you at the lights and rev it up trying to incite you to race? can i call crapolla on that one? theres been a yellow xr6t on roe and tonkin hwys, driven by cops, thats tried twice to get me to race him off the lights, and once tried to bait me into racing while driving at 100kmh by screaming up next to me and giving it herbs in short bursts. ive also seen this same car pulling other "hoonish" cars over on at least 5 occassions. isnt that entrapment? what would happen if i took down thier licence plate, and dialled '1800 dob in a hoon'?

nothing of course. it's a cop car. when i was living in Forrestfield in Perth i used to used the Roe and Tonkin Highways quiet often and back then a Black VZ would always be there on my way home from work. and without fail everyday it'd sit next to me at 100km/h trying to egg me on. i just laughed. i owned a JB Camira that had a top speed of 120km/h!

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

ACT, Australia

All i want is for police officers to have to abide by the rules they enforce, just like the rest of us. I mean, I see marked police cars speeding along with no lights on all the time. The other day, a police van overtook me in a 60 zone, doing at least 80, then slowed down for the speed camera at the set of traffic lights ahead, before speeding up again. What kind of example does that set? It's okay to speed, just don't get caught?

Black boxes that record time, speed and location of cop cars at all times ftw.

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
--------------------------------------
Pacemaker 4499's, Hi-flow cat, 2.5" Redback catback
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Lows all 'round, Monroe's in the front, GSR's in the rear
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's
30mm + 22mm adjustable sway bars.

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

Airved wrote:
... Black boxes that record time, speed and location of cop cars at all times ftw.

Wouldn't it be nice...

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon UTE

NSW, Australia

Airved wrote:
All i want is for police officers to have to abide by the rules they enforce, just like the rest of us. I mean, I see marked police cars speeding along with no lights on all the time. The other day, a police van overtook me in a 60 zone, doing at least 80, then slowed down for the speed camera at the set of traffic lights ahead, before speeding up again. What kind of example does that set? It's okay to speed, just don't get caught?

Black boxes that record time, speed and location of cop cars at all times ftw.

ive had that type of thing happen to me before. coming up a hill, coming from a 60 into a 50 zone, coppa behind me, so im doin 50. there is a right hand turning lane for about 40m to turn into a side street, so he boots it up the turning lane and jumps in front of me. no indicators or anything. cmon, what kinda example is that!

AUII Falcoon Ute
5spd, Lowered, 2 1/2in Exaust, Genie Headers, XR6 Turbo Intake Snorkel, Au Series 2 17in Tickford Rims

www.myspace.com/wazza13

Post subject: Re: P Plates On A Cop Car
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Has anyone asked a cop driving a P plate car what the P stands for? There might be a technicality there. :wink:

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Sorry..... missed the fact that this was a 6 month old topic!!!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

The worst part about all this is that entrapment is NOT ILLEGAL IN AUSTRALIA. My mate pulled up beside a guy in a vx commodore, plain clothes and asked him what he had in the car and asked him for a go. He goes, its an audi a4 1.8t running 7psi. He and the guy took off and he got pulled over not 200m up the road and got done for dragging, driving a restricted vehicle and multiple other "offenses". Dont get me wrong, i do enjoy some police presence on the roads, but when it comes to the point where "stings" are going on every night and day, i start thinking "i am paying tax to fund these guys entrapping our young drivers?" I just think it is wrong and something should be done about it.

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

We need more psycho bogans who don't take s**t from no one on the roads. That way If a copper tries to drag them from the lights old psycho bogan gets out of his car and kicks the cop car in whilst at the lights.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: el gli manwel

QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
We need more psycho bogans who don't take s**t from no one on the roads. That way If a copper tries to drag them from the lights old psycho bogan gets out of his car and kicks the cop car in whilst at the lights.

+1

What about how they act when your at the lights beside them, a guy from work had a manuel ss commodore and the cops in plain uniform and an unmarked car stared at him, he said they were waiting for the green for about 5 mins and the whole time the cops just staredat him, apparently he asked them a few time WTF you looking at but just didn't say anything, and he left the lights with the back wheels going faster than the fronts then they booked him. i know a few ppl that if that had have happened to them, they woulda got out and smacked em in the head.

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:39 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: el gli manwel

QLD, Australia

I hate it when they do this too. When a car is being trailored to the track and home from the track and then they pull people over when they realise they cant do them for what ever reason the politely ask the drivers to remove the car from the trailor then do them for having an unregisterd un roadworthy vehicle on the road, I PISSES ME THE f**k OFF when they do this because here is some poor bloke trying to do it legally by trailoring the car to the track and they get done. '

CHRIS RABY, explain why they would do this. now i've been done a few times each time i've taken it on the chin because i've been caught red handed but this sort of s**t can not happen.

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Im right against this 'baiting' thing. As a p-plater myself, with a ef with wheels and an exhaust, i hate the looks you get from police and the public. I understand cops need to do there job, and i prefer them on the road, even in unmarked cars, but not with p-plates on. its just cheap way to get people. Ill admit, i have been done for a burnout, i learnt my lesson, i kept my car, i kept my license, due to the fact the cop was nice and i was respectful towards him, so all coppers arnt bad. Hardest thing about it wasnt seeing the flashing lights in my rear view mirror, but going home to my dad
I just want police and young 'hoons', to be able to get along. go down to meets, interact(which some do), and not be such a***(some of them). let us have a good time if we arnt doing anything stupid, lose the p-plates and stop trying to egg people on

...ehh, my head hurts now

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH falcon ute

NSW, Australia

you think thats bad you should see them where i live. they drive around at night with p's on and book people walking home from the pub or a party for being drunk and disorderly even if they have sober mates with them. or getting people for under aged drinking.
oh and i have been puled over 4 times and have had my p's for 5 months and each time they say it is random :twisted: random my a*** my parents who travel the same road as me but more often never get pulled over. and each time they have nothing on me so they let me go.
and ChrisRaby can you be made to give an alcohol thing where you talk backwards from ten if you arnt diving a car or any other vehicle.

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

bushman wrote:
I hate it when they do this too. When a car is being trailored to the track and home from the track and then they pull people over when they realise they cant do them for what ever reason the politely ask the drivers to remove the car from the trailor then do them for having an unregisterd un roadworthy vehicle on the road, I PISSES ME THE f**k OFF when they do this because here is some poor bloke trying to do it legally by trailoring the car to the track and they get done. '

CHRIS RABY, explain why they would do this. now i've been done a few times each time i've taken it on the chin because i've been caught red handed but this sort of s**t can not happen.

This makes my blood boil big time. This is like 5 year olds playing the watch game. You know the one where they make a ring shape with their fingers and if they catch you looking at it they hit you.

Can you refuse to unload your car off the trailor? Cause I'd sure as damn hell refuse to budge for them. Either that or put a car cover over the car whilst its being tailored. Something, anything to stop them from doing this.

And I think ChrisRaby has become a silent member after seeing all f the public backlash from that he and his dodgy co workers have caused.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 8  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next