Post subject: Re: The ins and outs of mobile speed cameras
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

XPFalcon170 wrote:
Slick wrote:
Even if I was to take my eyes of the speedo and go over the speed limit say just between 80-83kmh, there's no way for me to tell as the needle almost takes up the 5km speed increments as specified by the ADRs.

:idea: The bloody ADR's specifically says every car must have a speed increment of 5, 10 & 20. that is the design rule!
By-passing the design rules and inserting the 2kmh- 4kmh speed threshold only suggest it's one big f**k revenue entrapment no way of telling if the 1kmh over is actually 1kmh with the speed needle and the small space between the 5km speed increment ... FFS, I feel like running over a bureaucrat right now!!! :evil:

a legal loophole for those who get done by a fixed speed camera driving a pre-06 adr vehicle ?

In victoria ADR's don't mean s**t. The judge asks for a print out declaring your speedo reads correctly, not that it reads within ADR such and such specification. I've seen too many sob stories on ACA and today tonight over the years which back this up.

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:12 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

couldnt have put it better than above posters
all i can think of when i hear people on the radio whining that "just dont speed you will be fine" is some fat hairy middle aged tart (think clover moore + lots of maccas) who putts around in a million year old echo at 30 under the limit
speaking of which, i was in the city today and its been a while since i was. i coulndt properly read the posters about cycleways reducing congestion because there was just lines of cars miles long trying to squeeze around sydney. funny that. didnt see any cyclists though

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
XPFalcon170 wrote:
Slick wrote:
Even if I was to take my eyes of the speedo and go over the speed limit say just between 80-83kmh, there's no way for me to tell as the needle almost takes up the 5km speed increments as specified by the ADRs.

:idea: The bloody ADR's specifically says every car must have a speed increment of 5, 10 & 20. that is the design rule!
By-passing the design rules and inserting the 2kmh- 4kmh speed threshold only suggest it's one big f**k revenue entrapment no way of telling if the 1kmh over is actually 1kmh with the speed needle and the small space between the 5km speed increment ... FFS, I feel like running over a bureaucrat right now!!! :evil:

a legal loophole for those who get done by a fixed speed camera driving a pre-06 adr vehicle ?

In victoria ADR's don't mean s**t. The judge asks for a print out declaring your speedo reads correctly, not that it reads within ADR such and such specification. I've seen too many sob stories on ACA and today tonight over the years which back this up.

Funny thing is that if it does read within the ADR, which is ROADWORTHY, it is reading correctly for what it was designed & the rules it was designed to, they technically have to let you off.

Not that they will, as i wrote in challenging a fine that was much less than 10% over the limit, which is within the tolerance (plus or minus 10% of what it's reading at the time) my car's speedo is built to, and my car's speedo is within roadworthy limits, and I was advised that it didn't matter one bit, bend over & pay the fine!

Basically that meant the ADR for my speedo & the fact my car was within roadworthy limits didn't mean anything legally, they just want any excuse to make more money! Revenue raising.

Yet the camera operators, police & government wonder why we have no respect for them when it comes to "road safety"?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
XPFalcon170 wrote:
Slick wrote:

Funny thing is that if it does read within the ADR, which is ROADWORTHY, it is reading correctly for what it was designed & the rules it was designed to, they technically have to let you off.

Not that they will, as i wrote in challenging a fine that was much less than 10% over the limit, which is within the tolerance (plus or minus 10% of what it's reading at the time) my car's speedo is built to, and my car's speedo is within roadworthy limits, and I was advised that it didn't matter one bit, bend over & pay the fine!

Basically that meant the ADR for my speedo & the fact my car was within roadworthy limits didn't mean anything legally, they just want any excuse to make more money! Revenue raising.

Yet the camera operators, police & government wonder why we have no respect for them when it comes to "road safety"?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

The funny thing is monetary, penalties & enforcement services will tell you exactly that. the proper legal procedure is they reply back advising you to challenge it in court. if they didn't, it only means they govern themselves above the law and gave you no hope with the bluff.
What you need to do is take it to court with ample evidence within the fine line of loophole, the judge will throw the fine out of court. so long as your legal representative can put up a convincing mental picture or scenario for the judge to get a better understanding of the technical aspect why it is an unfair threshold.

it's all up to you if you want to challenge it in court, if you still have any remaining fighting spirit in ya. :P
That's why there's so many runaway bureaucracy within a bureaucracy. it goes unchallenged because people can't be f**k any more or just gives up because they assume there is no hope from the heavy handed conditioning.

About the judge, all that's needed is give him or her a good ground for reasonable doubt, providing there's a excellent story telling to keep them entertain through the proceedings. f**k some of the policies, it's filled with loopholes that needs to be exploited.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

WHn im driving up to a saftey camara. you know the one's red light and speed camera.. i drive 10 km under the limit.. so im not done speeding but then ive had the lights change yellow at the exact moment your unsure you will make it accross before you get done running a red.. cant win either way can you! i just hit the brakes regardless of how many milliseconds the lighst have changed to yellow... -Have pulled up with them stilll on yellow! lol

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Looks like the mobile cameras are doing their intended job whilst the camera operators are cracking the s**t big time.

In the 1 months grace period (which none of us knew about until it was reported that it was ending 2 weeks ago), only 395 motorists got snapped by the entire fleet of NSW mobile speed cameras. The closest fixed camera I know of snaps more people than that per day. Macquarie Bank are reportedly fuming at the potential losses their investment may incur.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Looks like the mobile cameras are doing their intended job whilst the camera operators are cracking the s**t big time.

In the 1 months grace period (which none of us knew about until it was reported that it was ending 2 weeks ago), only 395 motorists got snapped by the entire fleet of NSW mobile speed cameras. The closest fixed camera I know of snaps more people than that per day. Macquarie Bank are reportedly fuming at the potential losses their investment may incur.

That's great news! Hope they do loose lots & lots & lots of money on them. Might teach them not to be so greedy.

fordfreak ef -> If I'm coming up to one of those camera's, i check my rear view mirror first. If someone is too close, i WILL NOT STOP, f**k their fine. I refuse to pay it after what happened to me at one of their "SAFETY CAMERAS". I have been rear ended at such a camera, pulling up just half a second before the light went red. Then bang, and half a second later another BANG!

I lost a job, lost a lot of money on a car & inured a lot of stress for a pitiful insurance payout from the other party. Never again!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

That's great news! Hope they do loose lots & lots & lots of money on them. Might teach them not to be so greedy.

fordfreak ef -> If I'm coming up to one of those camera's, i check my rear view mirror first. If someone is too close, i WILL NOT STOP, f**k their fine. I refuse to pay it after what happened to me at one of their "SAFETY CAMERAS". I have been rear ended at such a camera, pulling up just half a second before the light went red. Then bang, and half a second later another BANG!

I lost a job, lost a lot of money on a car & inured a lot of stress for a pitiful insurance payout from the other party. Never again!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Well obviously i do make sure some one isnt up my a** when i hit the brake's.. i just didnt think it was worth mentioning.. and if you do happen to be rear ended the cops will not charge you for excessive decelleration rather the car behind not being a safe distance apart.. (so ive been told by a cop).

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Not quite freak. Only if all parties can agree that the lights were red, or changing to red, or there was a hazard in the vicinity of the intersection, otherwise they have reason to suspect you brake checked the guy behind you. I'm assuming that's why toranaguy went through hell to get his pay out. Cause the insurance company of the other guy tried playing the brake check card.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Not quite freak. Only if all parties can agree that the lights were red, or changing to red, or there was a hazard in the vicinity of the intersection, otherwise they have reason to suspect you brake checked the guy behind you. I'm assuming that's why toranaguy went through hell to get his pay out. Cause the insurance company of the other guy tried playing the brake check card.

Spot on the money. They tried to say the light was not changing to red, which it did milliseconds after i stopped. If it's orange your supposed to slow down & prepare to stop, not run thru it. If it can be argued it is safe to run thru the orange light, then you have a s**t storm to deal with from the insurance companies.

I always check the mirror now, and if I'm not sure, i will not stop. I have even run thru one of those safety camera intersections when i had an unmarked copper behind me, I believed he was too close so went thru, got pulled over. I won't get into details but it didn't end up in a fine or court appearance.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Wouldnt common sense prevail in that an obvious braking area is right before a traffic light and that "brake checking" the car behind would be more unlikely?

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There is no common sense in business. If you can get out of paying a single dollar then you must. And that my friend is how insurance companies operate.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
There is no common sense in business. If you can get out of paying a single dollar then you must. And that my friend is how insurance companies operate.

Spot on. It's all about the buck!

Which is why we have these camera's in the first place. Govt has sold off all it's enterprises, so to make money they "fine" people, as they can't increase taxes without a huge uproar.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Yeah, it's crooked, hell my dad got t boned, and the guy tried to sue him because he didn't allow enough room to brake in the event of incident such as the guy running a red light well making a prohibited right hand turn in the intersection, great system aint it, yes it got sorted out but still..
f**k me.

what I love is they had a thing on tv a couple weeks ago, going on about the countries that had, a lot more speed cameras, and how they had lower rod tolls.
now germany had one of the high levels of speed cameras and low incident levels.
they failed to mention the substantialy higher levels of speedlimits e.g. autobarns etc.
along with road conditions, the fact the legal situatio isn't anywhere as screwy as it is over here, e.g. there'd be a lot of major companies sued to bankrupacy from crooked practises, which their free to run here. and the roadworthyness of cars over here.
what you see running around is insane, e.g. when I was doing tyres, the rate of people coming in, with tyres, through to the steel etc.
hell I had 1 b**ch come in I didn't want to let her drive off in that au with her kids in the back, all her tyres were f**k, and she had 2 young children in the back, I admit my car wouldn't pass a proper roady and looks rough as guts, but it's actully fairly safe, and quite solid.

not preferred but i f**k up and braked late the other day, but pulled up, kept the car under control and was able to avoid a potential incident.

with regard to the adr hell there was one case recently, modern car,so post 06 had cruise, got done in the clem 7 tunnel. there's been many reported cases, of those particular cameras screwing up.
I ill use it once in a blue moon , but will stick 10k uder, sure it's not the end of the world to most but being on p pl tes meens I'm f**k,0

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xg van and ute

WA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

Spot on the money. They tried to say the light was not changing to red, which it did milliseconds after i stopped. If it's orange your supposed to slow down & prepare to stop, not run thru it. If it can be argued it is safe to run thru the orange light, then you have a s**t storm to deal with from the insurance companies.

I always check the mirror now, and if I'm not sure, i will not stop. I have even run thru one of those safety camera intersections when i had an unmarked copper behind me, I believed he was too close so went thru, got pulled over. I won't get into details but it didn't end up in a fine or court appearance.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

if you can prove that it was "unsafe" to stop you can get out of a red light fine
but on the other hand it will be a case of"you said but we have photos"
so in 99% of cases it's pointless

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next