Fordmods Logo

[QLD] EOI - Sunroof GroupBuy 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1204

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
What about if your supply the sun roof? How much is just an install?


Cheers


defeats the purpose of a group "buy" doesn't it!!

Just as a guide, I got the Hollandia 700 sunroof installed, very nice finish, TVS (tilt, vent, slide), is 2 stage programmable, has illuminating controls, and closes automatically on 'ignition off' (unless you want it to stay tilted or open, you can just press one of the two buttons).

I got this done for just on 2K so even $1750 would be a fairly good price, any lower and your doing real well. I recommend one for summer!!!

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

offyaguts wrote:
...closes automatically on 'ignition off' (unless you want it to stay tilted or open, you can just press one of the two buttons)...

Dave - does it have to close as you turn off and remove key or do you have a choice o having it close as you lock the car instead.
I will be getting the same roof in the fairlane before x-mas.

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

come for a holiday to qld then :P

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1204

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Daniel wrote:
offyaguts wrote:
...closes automatically on 'ignition off' (unless you want it to stay tilted or open, you can just press one of the two buttons)...

Dave - does it have to close as you turn off and remove key or do you have a choice o having it close as you lock the car instead.
I will be getting the same roof in the fairlane before x-mas.


Yeah it does close automatically on ignition off, I'd say just due to being connected to an accessory wire. I suppose if you gave it constant power instead of accessory it wouldn't automatically close, and hooked it up to the central locking somehow you might get it to work but you'd have to have a chat to the installer.
I reckon it could work but I think your better off with it on ignition, cause if you want to leave the sunroof up or open while parked but locked, you wouldn't be able to do it.

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 972

Joined: 6th Feb 2005

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

Location: S.E Subs
VIC, Australia

aww someone should give this ago in victoria >>looking at you daniel, as you brought it up first :)

 

_________________

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i see where your going Davo; thinking more along lines i like to leave my car in my drive unlocked, but with sunroof open with no keys in it.
(as stupid as this sounds nobody could take it as it has another car behind it and is nowhere out of sight) :P

Id be up for group install in vic; thing is id want it done quite soon and i do doubt it will go any cheaper than 2k for the Top Of The Range installed.

Really need to head down to Prestige n have a Chat I think; want it done abit differently than just slapped in like most cars.

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

ok the price i put down for the 700 is wrong...and has been updated...apparently he has to do some other crap with it...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1204

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Daniel wrote:
i see where your going Davo; thinking more along lines i like to leave my car in my drive unlocked, but with sunroof open with no keys in it.
(as stupid as this sounds nobody could take it as it has another car behind it and is nowhere out of sight) :P

Id be up for group install in vic; thing is id want it done quite soon and i do doubt it will go any cheaper than 2k for the Top Of The Range installed.

Really need to head down to Prestige n have a Chat I think; want it done abit differently than just slapped in like most cars.


To clear this up a bit.....when you turn the ignition to 'off', you hear a beep, and there is a 3 second delay in which you can press button number '1' or '2' and it will stop the sunroof from closing. Therefore if you want it unlocked and the sunroof open, you just have to press a button before the 3 seconds and up/open she stays.

Thats how we get ours to stay up for photoshoots at cruises when left unlocked :wink:

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:55 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 388

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Melb
VIC, Australia

Im very interested
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

offyaguts wrote:
Daniel wrote:
i see where your going Davo; thinking more along lines i like to leave my car in my drive unlocked, but with sunroof open with no keys in it.
(as stupid as this sounds nobody could take it as it has another car behind it and is nowhere out of sight) :P

Id be up for group install in vic; thing is id want it done quite soon and i do doubt it will go any cheaper than 2k for the Top Of The Range installed.

Really need to head down to Prestige n have a Chat I think; want it done abit differently than just slapped in like most cars.


To clear this up a bit.....when you turn the ignition to 'off', you hear a beep, and there is a 3 second delay in which you can press button number '1' or '2' and it will stop the sunroof from closing. Therefore if you want it unlocked and the sunroof open, you just have to press a button before the 3 seconds and up/open she stays.

Thats how we get ours to stay up for photoshoots at cruises when left unlocked :wink:


OK, now we're making more sense - couldnt see why theyd force you to have it closed while not driving lol!

This sounds like a perfect compromise.

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Ok mitch give me a hoi when u guy settle on price for the Hollinda Stratos 700 M and i'll be in....just for the momen I'll onl be going for supply unless the fitted package is really good....with the fuel drivin there might be cheaper for me to get it fitted in canberra cheers buddy

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 124

Joined: 2nd Apr 2005

Ride: Fairmont

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Man I wish my Fairmont came from the factory with a sunroof. I want one really really bad but i just can't do it... knowing someone is going to hack into my baby with tin snips just kills me. I have troubles watching people taking my wheels off for fear of scratches let alone watching them hack into the roof.. :(

 

_________________

V8 Windsor here we come.....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:00 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Any further news Mitch?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

ny progress on this yet ando or still organising was a price on the 700 model finalised?

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:17 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Can you post up details of the guy, I want to give him a ring tomorrow.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:34 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names