Fordmods Logo

QUOTE - quarter mile times have u run or a friend has ?????? 

 

Page 4 of 24 [ 349 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next

 
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

2202 wrote:
I've run 8.67 @ 155mph but I dont want to say what in. I might get lynched
falcon i6 pushed out the back of a b-52 bomber at 30,000 feet??? :lol:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

USELESS wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
after unichip fiddling by "Spiro" oh yaeh... is "dyno dynamics"


That is the biggest number I have seen from a i6 on Spiros dyno in NA form. I guarantee that you have a 14.4- 14.2 in there.

I ran a 15.19 with 131 rwkws from the same dyno.
thanks useless... spiro mentioned my car was quite the "swarzennegger" of all the i6''s to have been dynoed there... hopefully some better times soon after i have sorted some small "mis" niggles with the engine.. n a slightly better dyno kw count...

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1656

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
2202 wrote:
I've run 8.67 @ 155mph but I dont want to say what in. I might get lynched
falcon i6 pushed out the back of a b-52 bomber at 30,000 feet??? :lol:


LOL u dag , i think the 6I falcon would go quicker PMSFL

cheers

 

_________________

FS [VIC]: WorkShop CleanOut - Assorted Parts Some New & Chassis Dyno http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-workshop-cleanout-assorted-parts-some-new-chassis-dyno-t123623.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 26

Joined: 20th Oct 2005

Ride: AU Tickford Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

full chassis VP clubsport with big block chev 468. I'm a full convert now though....honest
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 376

Joined: 9th Feb 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

HAHA! what? did you have an excorsism?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 26

Joined: 20th Oct 2005

Ride: AU Tickford Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

nah. The car was a great deal so we bought it crashed it fixed it raced it and now we look at it in the shed. Really nice car but its for sale now as a complete concern trailer car and all spares
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1656

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

2202 wrote:
nah. The car was a great deal so we bought it crashed it fixed it raced it and now we look at it in the shed. Really nice car but its for sale now as a complete concern trailer car and all spares


do u have engine horse power figures for this monster , car weight ???

and any other details ?????

 

_________________

FS [VIC]: WorkShop CleanOut - Assorted Parts Some New & Chassis Dyno http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-workshop-cleanout-assorted-parts-some-new-chassis-dyno-t123623.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 26

Joined: 20th Oct 2005

Ride: AU Tickford Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

car is about 2700 lbs with me in it and around the 850 hp mark. The engine has a lot more in it but was fine for super sedan. Easy 7 sec car if you wanted to spend the money
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1392

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: XR6 Turbo, XR8, Transit

Location: Somewhere
VIC, Australia

1. EDXR8 5L, 6 speed, 3.9 LSD N/A
2. no idea - at a guess 1700ish with all the stereo gear
3. 205.7 rwkw
4. Compared to who? I mean - I dont rate compared to supercar drivers, but I was in the top 10 at summernats 19 grass events.
5. Most Recently - Heathcote, cold, windy, lots of tumbleweeds
6. Pirelli P7000 235 40 18 (no slicks at the moment)
7. 14.7 @ 100mph (no slicks)
8. 3.0 seconds (no slicks = no traction in 1st)

 

_________________

www.XR8Chic.com
1993 ED XR8 - Poly Green, AFR 185 Alloy heads, Edlebrock Performer RPM Manifold, Crane 2031, T56 6 Speed, 3.9 diff, = 205.7 rwkw.
1993 ED Fairmont - Cobalt Blue, 5L, 17" CSA's and not much else.
1969 Mustang Fastback - Gunmetal Grey, 302, Auto, LHD. Doesn't go very hard, but looks sexy as !

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 49

Posts: 505

Joined: 14th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

Location: Merrylands
NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
USELESS wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
after unichip fiddling by "Spiro" oh yaeh... is "dyno dynamics"


That is the biggest number I have seen from a i6 on Spiros dyno in NA form. I guarantee that you have a 14.4- 14.2 in there.

I ran a 15.19 with 131 rwkws from the same dyno.
thanks useless... spiro mentioned my car was quite the "swarzennegger" of all the i6''s to have been dynoed there... hopefully some better times soon after i have sorted some small "mis" niggles with the engine.. n a slightly better dyno kw count...

You will have one of the quickest i6 in the state.Post your results when you get around to it.

 

_________________

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:15 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

XR8Chic wrote:
1. EDXR8 5L, 6 speed, 3.9 LSD N/A
2. no idea - at a guess 1700ish with all the stereo gear
3. 205.7 rwkw
4. Compared to who? I mean - I dont rate compared to supercar drivers, but I was in the top 10 at summernats 19 grass events.
5. Most Recently - Heathcote, cold, windy, lots of tumbleweeds
6. Pirelli P7000 235 40 18 (no slicks at the moment)
7. 14.7 @ 100mph (no slicks)
8. 3.0 seconds (no slicks = no traction in 1st)


I woulda thought that was pretty slow for what is a F**k expensive setup you have there.

Musta been all the slalom driving around the imaginary tumbleweeds that slowed you down. 8-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1656

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

arm79 :( :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hey by the way ur mates at deerpark have that same crane for $275 couldnt believe it when i saw it today in there new part section

 

_________________

FS [VIC]: WorkShop CleanOut - Assorted Parts Some New & Chassis Dyno http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-workshop-cleanout-assorted-parts-some-new-chassis-dyno-t123623.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1392

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: XR6 Turbo, XR8, Transit

Location: Somewhere
VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
I woulda thought that was pretty slow for what is a F**k expensive setup you have there.

Musta been all the slalom driving around the imaginary tumbleweeds that slowed you down. 8-)


My setup isnt expensive, and as I stated - I have bugger all traction on street tyres. On slicks - I will happily run 13's all day.

And I wish the tumbleweeds were imaginary, but they werent!! They were blowing down the track all day.

 

_________________

www.XR8Chic.com
1993 ED XR8 - Poly Green, AFR 185 Alloy heads, Edlebrock Performer RPM Manifold, Crane 2031, T56 6 Speed, 3.9 diff, = 205.7 rwkw.
1993 ED Fairmont - Cobalt Blue, 5L, 17" CSA's and not much else.
1969 Mustang Fastback - Gunmetal Grey, 302, Auto, LHD. Doesn't go very hard, but looks sexy as !

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1687

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

look at her mph.. 100!!
thats a 13 easy.
she is just getting s**t launches on street tyres.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

USELESS wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
USELESS wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
after unichip fiddling by "Spiro" oh yaeh... is "dyno dynamics"


That is the biggest number I have seen from a i6 on Spiros dyno in NA form. I guarantee that you have a 14.4- 14.2 in there.

I ran a 15.19 with 131 rwkws from the same dyno.
thanks useless... spiro mentioned my car was quite the "swarzennegger" of all the i6''s to have been dynoed there... hopefully some better times soon after i have sorted some small "mis" niggles with the engine.. n a slightly better dyno kw count...

You will have one of the quickest i6 in the state.Post your results when you get around to it.
yeah, thats one of my goals... n/a anyway... n ive done 2.0 sixty footers... aiming to crack into the 1s... "1.9999" or lower.. on street tyres... n/a... "when i can be bothered?" any time a crack a pb on the track or dyno im always wackin it on here asap... :lol: agrred with "eed-250" 100mph should be a 13 sec pass with good traction...

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 24  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names