Fordmods Logo

ANY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: ANY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 142

Joined: 21st Apr 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Futura

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

i thinking about getting one of these.....
any advice?

http://www.streetperformance.com.au/

CHEES MAX

 

_________________

El Futura
Pacemaker extractors, hiflow cat, 2.5 cat back, DBA slotted rotors, K&N, dev 5 head and cam, 75 shot noss, 20's.ba Detroit locker. 3.9 gears, CAI and outher stuff.....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:32 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 70

Joined: 30th Apr 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon X-DEF

Location: Hawksburn, Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Anyone know why something has been ground off the turbo? Would that indicate seconds stock or bogus brand-name stuff?

 

_________________

250ci 4-speed XD S-Pack, XE S-Pack front bar & rear bumper, 14"x7" & 14"x8" Chevoit 5-slotters, 60mm drop, Fairlane interior, Clarion CD tuner, 4" & 6"x9"s, Pioneer amp.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2288

Joined: 4th Dec 2004

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I believe the turbos are a cheap brand. Still a very cheap price so as a starting point its not too bad I guess.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 142

Joined: 21st Apr 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Futura

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

tru, any one else???
:lol:

 

_________________

El Futura
Pacemaker extractors, hiflow cat, 2.5 cat back, DBA slotted rotors, K&N, dev 5 head and cam, 75 shot noss, 20's.ba Detroit locker. 3.9 gears, CAI and outher stuff.....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 366

Joined: 28th Aug 2005

Ride: Super pursuit

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

MooseMan wrote:
I believe the turbos are a cheap brand. Still a very cheap price so as a starting point its not too bad I guess.
Well in the thrid picture u can c on the front case of the turbo it says"A/R" which i think means i air research which is owned by garrett australia but not shore.

 

_________________

Super Pursuit

Last edited by jet ute on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:10 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 7958

Joined: 1st Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

jet ute wrote:
MooseMan wrote:
I believe the turbos are a cheap brand. Still a very cheap price so as a starting point its not too bad I guess.
Well in the thrid picture u can c on the front case of the turbo it says"A/R" which is air research which is owned by garrett australia. Not a bad turbo my mate runs the same one in his ed xr and has had no problems with it so far

"A/R" isn't air research, its basically the size of the housing.
Stands for "area ratio" or something.
They're the chinese t70s, from memory both hi boost and fritzz have had the compressor wheel nut come loose.
Blokes in the states have complained about the compressor housings being held together with glue and falling apart.

 

_________________

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 142

Joined: 21st Apr 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Futura

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
jet ute wrote:
MooseMan wrote:
I believe the turbos are a cheap brand. Still a very cheap price so as a starting point its not too bad I guess.
Well in the thrid picture u can c on the front case of the turbo it says"A/R" which is air research which is owned by garrett australia. Not a bad turbo my mate runs the same one in his ed xr and has had no problems with it so far

"A/R" isn't air research, its basically the size of the housing.
Stands for "area ratio" or something.
They're the chinese t70s, from memory both hi boost and fritzz have had the compressor wheel nut come loose.
Blokes in the states have complained about the compressor housings being held together with glue and falling apart.



Haha fuc* that lol

 

_________________

El Futura
Pacemaker extractors, hiflow cat, 2.5 cat back, DBA slotted rotors, K&N, dev 5 head and cam, 75 shot noss, 20's.ba Detroit locker. 3.9 gears, CAI and outher stuff.....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

buy cheap s**t and stuff like that will happen.

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 975

Joined: 26th Nov 2004

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

Location: Waroona
WA, Australia

wouldent use that kit if it was free

 

_________________

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:05 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 160

Joined: 28th Mar 2005

Ride: EF Falcon Futura

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
They're the chinese t70s, from memory both hi boost and fritzz have had the compressor wheel nut come loose.
Blokes in the states have complained about the compressor housings being held together with glue and falling apart.


I had a Garrett GT 35/40 melt the Bearings and burn the shaft. Rebuild would cost more than a new one to purchase... Lasted a month on 9psi

I then had a $400 To4 last 9 months without fault on 8psi!!!!

Sure you get what you pay for, but why risk paying top dollar on a kit which also has a large probability of failing!!!

There are plenty of people using T70s for low boost applications. These turbos last as long as you dont push them too hard, and abide by there limits!!
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names