Fordmods Logo

Anyone done a GAS TURBO 6cyl SETUP ???????? 

Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

gryph wrote:
Ezygas are doing injection systems they have a kit for the new xr6t among others. I am considering it as a better option than the gra performance throttle body. It runs a piggyback ecu which basically makes the car think the petrol injectors r running when u have the gas switched on so no probs supposedly. Im going up there next weekend to have a ride in his converted xr8 he says the difference is very noticeable will b interesting to see. And for only an extra $500 over the GRA's kit maybe a much better option in the long run considering it would also help with econonmy and the tech seemed to think you might have backfiring trouble with a gas turbo setup running on a throttle body????

Yes the Injection LpGas systems are good but could be better

the ECU's that come with the systems only adjust fuel and they run of ur petrol injector pulse width but the ignition timing is still run by the original cars manufactures ECU where this timing is not 100% correct for LpGas application

so consider running a aftermarket ECU that u can program fuel and correct ignition timing to optimize the system to its maximum

If LpGas injectors are available seperately ??? there are better ways of running them . There are a large veriaty of different gas injectors some are good and some are just crap choose wisely

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ltd351T wrote:
If its an APA tank or similar they are 30* 4valve tanks, only one siphon tube is fitted so you can only run one outlet on the tank, they often T off the outlet and run twin lines up to the front, with two converters and two lockoffs. You can modify a std tank to fit a second siphon tube, but you would have to have the tank re-tested and I think only APA can do the siphon tube mod anyway, I have researched this topic well, the only reason I didn't get the second tube/outlet is that no-body would freight my tanks to APA, so no go. It may be possible to fit the second siphon tube and just re-test the tank locally, I would speak to your gas-fitter about that I would be very interested to know what you find out.

Looks like i'll have to have a look in my boot and see exactly what tank i have then i know at least what sort of work im up for. I would'nt think it would be too hard to get an underbonnet kit from gas research fit it all up then get a gas fitter to do the lines.

Then it needs to be tuned of course.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

The LP Injection is still developing technology, only recently been made commercially avaliable and that, it's the reason why I went with GRA instead, I didn't want to be a pioneer/test rabbit...

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
gryph wrote:
Ezygas are doing injection systems they have a kit for the new xr6t among others. I am considering it as a better option than the gra performance throttle body. It runs a piggyback ecu which basically makes the car think the petrol injectors r running when u have the gas switched on so no probs supposedly. Im going up there next weekend to have a ride in his converted xr8 he says the difference is very noticeable will b interesting to see. And for only an extra $500 over the GRA's kit maybe a much better option in the long run considering it would also help with econonmy and the tech seemed to think you might have backfiring trouble with a gas turbo setup running on a throttle body????

Yes the Injection LpGas systems are good but could be better

the ECU's that come with the systems only adjust fuel and they run of ur petrol injector pulse width but the ignition timing is still run by the original cars manufactures ECU where this timing is not 100% correct for LpGas application

so consider running a aftermarket ECU that u can program fuel and correct ignition timing to optimize the system to its maximum

If LpGas injectors are available seperately ??? there are better ways of running them . There are a large veriaty of different gas injectors some are good and some are just crap choose wisely

cheers

Thanks for the advice Ivan will check it out this weekend and let everyone know.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

all 2005 december built cars have to have injections LPgas fitted thats the new rule so u are not going to be a ginnypig

LOL

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

hi everyone have only joined up tonight and found some very useful information i have a `gra` fed 250 turbo in td cortina with twin b2 `gra`converters and works verywell inc big dominator stall converter 51mm sard wastegate and few other bits cheers 8-)

when you go boost you never turn back

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

noobee hey??

sounds like a tough machine ya got..

any idea how fast it does a quarter mile??

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
all 2005 december built cars have to have injections LPgas fitted thats the new rule so u are not going to be a ginnypig

LOL

cheers

So why are Falcon Egas still the old sytle? And sorry, but I don't call 5 months of commercial avaliability an old technology...

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

LOL get this i sent an email to EZYGAS to ask if they had any setups suitable for a turbo falcon 6 and i get one back saying we have no kits available we suggest u use a gra setup??????????? A bit wierd considering im meant to be going to their shop this weekend to be shown how great the setup would work for my car........... Thinking i might go GRA to be safe, heading to Lister Automotive in Geelong tomorrow to find out how much the underbonnet kit will be so i can install that and my tank to cut costs a bit.

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Shum's EL wrote:
noobee hey??

sounds like a tough machine ya got..

any idea how fast it does a quarter mile??

hi, again not sure how quick over quarter mile as no drags in s.a till october but feels very quick on only 12 psi nail it at 90kph in top gear and it still spins easy as so yeah i recommend turbo and straight gas = :P :shock:

when you go boost you never turn back

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: XW

WA, Australia

what prices are you guys getting quoted for gas injection? Im talking to a local mob tomorrow to see what they say about v8 and i6 applications and tuniblity.

Am currentlky tossing up lowish boost six, or worked 8. Either way i want lpg as i do alot of driving

Im gunna finger bang bang your mumma too

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Around 4k ive decided im going gra just to be safe cuz the injection boys cant make up their minds as to whether its gonna be good or bad for a I6 turbo.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

yeah, thats one thing i've always been concerned about, how much HP can those LPG injectors actually handle.
i know they did LPGi on a clubsport, but thats 8 injectors and 260ish kw.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The guy i talked to has it running on a standard ba xr8 and says hes gotten a 5wk increase on the dyno but with the feedback ive gotten i have no confidence in them whatsoever.

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL futura manual

VIC, Australia

yeh i got a EL futura 5 speed on duel fuel its got factory gas with it wat would i have to do to make it straight gas coz im thnkin of goin turbo as well

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next