Fordmods Logo

BA XR6 turbo, traction control cutting when not ment to 

Page 3 of 5 [ 61 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: BA XR6 turbo, traction control cutting when not ment to
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

No problems mate if i can help someone and make them happy then im happy.

Lol good to see you wernt a chicken and you popped out them lights.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

no way haha, i was a bit cautious with the split foggie, but never a chicken lol. who you kidding ayy

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:40 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Hey man have you got a link to this Ebay guy ? I cant find him. :(

Cheers.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

i tried finding the guy yesty when i typed in ba coils

but he didnt come up, but today he did musta typed something differnt this time

heres the link, to the guy i got from, good quick delivery and no problems with them...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-BA-BF-Terri ... 2ead73a744

but i just found a guy selling 6 even cheaper but you have to bid... it isnt buy it now...
but i duno how reliable he is

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-BA-IGNITION ... 19bcdd9bac

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:

heres the link, to the guy i got from, good quick delivery and no problems with them...

but i just found a guy selling 6 even cheaper but you have to bid... it isnt buy it now...

I just had a read of this thread and i could ahve told you straight away thats what it was. I have had mine do it to me too. I replaced all of thema dn its sweet now :)

If i was you i would also replace my plugs, with a set of Genuine Ford ones and regap them now to .7mm

Also i have a intank fuel pump brand new if your afterone???? Still in the box plus a boost actuator???

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:

I just had a read of this thread and i could ahve told you straight away thats what it was. I have had mine do it to me too. I replaced all of thema dn its sweet now :)

If i was you i would also replace my plugs, with a set of Genuine Ford ones and regap them now to .7mm

Also i have a intank fuel pump brand new if your afterone???? Still in the box plus a boost actuator???

yep doing the plugs alone before the coils went in made a huge differnce for sure... i got platinums in mine, what size fuel pump 044? and brand? quite interested too in the actuator how many psi actuator is it?

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
griffo161 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:

yep doing the plugs alone before the coils went in made a huge differnce for sure... i got platinums in mine, what size fuel pump 044? and brand? quite interested too in the actuator how many psi actuator is it?

Walbro intank 044 fuel pump and its a 12psi actuator. I was guna put them both in my ute but i ended up getting a 2L Process West Surge tank and i blew my turbo up so i ended up buying another one.
It was actually the turbo off Process West's Car. They were selling it cos they where doing a fully Built Motor with massive turbo.

PM me if your really interested mate and we will work something out

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:
griffo161 wrote:
lukeyxr6t wrote:

Walbro intank 044 fuel pump and its a 12psi actuator. I was guna put them both in my ute but i ended up getting a 2L Process West Surge tank and i blew my turbo up so i ended up buying another one.
It was actually the turbo off Process West's Car. They were selling it cos they where doing a fully Built Motor with massive turbo.

PM me if your really interested mate and we will work something out

yer mate i am pretty interested. just wandering if the walbro 044 is a good one becuz i dont wana buy crap stuff. like ur saying u ended up gettin a process west surge tank? isnt that something to do with the fuel stuff? im not really sure about the surge tank side of things... only kno like valve springs and intercoolers and injectors and all that stuff and wastegates n stuff.... but like will the walbro be any good? or is it out dated or something? and can u still use the 12psi actuator if i wana run 15psi

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

yer mate i am pretty interested. just wandering if the walbro 044 is a good one becuz i dont wana buy crap stuff. like ur saying u ended up gettin a process west surge tank? isnt that something to do with the fuel stuff? im not really sure about the surge tank side of things... only kno like valve springs and intercoolers and injectors and all that stuff and wastegates n stuff.... but like will the walbro be any good? or is it out dated or something? and can u still use the 12psi actuator if i wana run 15psi[/quote]

NAh mate you are on the wrong train of thought, the Walbro fuel pump im pretty sure is what is used/part of my process west surge tank set up. Hence y i can leave the standard pump in the tank cos it only needs to supply 2L. So yea its a pretty told notice fuel pump. In fact its the only fuel pump i can think of off the top of my head that everyone uses.
The actuator from what i have been told as a 12psi one means that the mini boost is 12psi but u can run higher. Its like a stardand one in that u can run higher boost but it means that you can have more control/higher boost then the standard one. If that makes sense?????

Also if i am wrong then someone correct me

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
NAh mate you are on the wrong train of thought, the Walbro fuel pump im pretty sure is what is used/part of my process west surge tank set up. Hence y i can leave the standard pump in the tank cos it only needs to supply 2L. So yea its a pretty told notice fuel pump. In fact its the only fuel pump i can think of off the top of my head that everyone uses.
The actuator from what i have been told as a 12psi one means that the mini boost is 12psi but u can run higher. Its like a stardand one in that u can run higher boost but it means that you can have more control/higher boost then the standard one. If that makes sense?????

Also if i am wrong then someone correct me

yer i havent done much research in the way of fuel pumps and surge tanks.. really dont know what a surge tank does... but i do know that everyone does step up to a 044 walbro so i thought it would be like a simple bolt on upgrade? or u need a surge tank aswel type thing? yer i understand what u mean about the actuator, more control and since its higher it will take more boost before it cuts off the extra spooling. how much would you be selling the gear for?

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

yer i havent done much research in the way of fuel pumps and surge tanks.. really dont know what a surge tank does... but i do know that everyone does step up to a 044 walbro so i thought it would be like a simple bolt on upgrade? or u need a surge tank aswel type thing? yer i understand what u mean about the actuator, more control and since its higher it will take more boost before it cuts off the extra spooling. how much would you be selling the gear for?[/quote]

Nah if you get a fuel pump, which is in a sedan easy as to do, you just remove the bottom section of the rear seat and remove the cover adn then the top of the fuel tank and replace the standard one with it. If you do that you wont NEED a surge tank to get the power.
The only reason u really need/want a surge tank is, as its name kinda says, its stops you from getting surge in the fuel.
You will notice that once you get below the 1/4 of a tank of fuel or even up to half a tank if you give it a bit to anything really about 120ish flat out then u will get fuel surge were all the fuel has gone to the back of the tank so the pump struggles to pick it up and thus cant deliever it to the motor and as you can Imagine this is NOT GOOD not matter what way u look at it.

Umm fro memory they are both about 150 brand new so let say 200 plus postage for both

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

thats pretty good price... still wandering why u dont get fuel surge in an almost empty tank with the standard pump but only with the bigger pump? thanks for explaining that it really makes sense now how under high acceleration you will get surge becuz it will struggle to feed the the engine fuel which is def bad for it... hoping a surge tank is easy install? and also not too pricey? what they like from your experiences? but seems like ill be able to put the pump in pretty easy but i will def need a tune after im thinkin

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
thats pretty good price... still wandering why u dont get fuel surge in an almost empty tank with the standard pump but only with the bigger pump? thanks for explaining that it really makes sense now how under high acceleration you will get surge becuz it will struggle to feed the the engine fuel which is def bad for it... hoping a surge tank is easy install? and also not too pricey? what they like from your experiences? but seems like ill be able to put the pump in pretty easy but i will def need a tune after im thinkin

nah mate you still get surge from a standard fuel pump, the pump wheather its standard or aftermarket doesnt matter with the surge its that its the crappy Ford fuel tank that makes it get surge.
If i was you i and you were going to get a surge tank get it installed by the pros, its not that ahrd, i was going to do it myself but i looked at the install and its only like maybe 200 install so i thought i would rather just get them to do it cos you have to wire it up and all that so i figured it wasnt worth the headach of 200 bucks. From memory, supply AND install its around 1100 from CV Performance in sydney who i HIGHLY recommend!!!

Also the same goes for the actuator, i did fit it myself but i would recommend some, if they dont have much mechanical experiance to pay some else to fit it for you, plus if you fit it wrong it will actually not work properly.

Also you dont need a retune per-say once you put the fuel pump in. If it has a tune and already and was struggling for fuel then yes i would recommend a tune.

What exactly is done to your XR6T??????

Hope i am clearing the air for a few people, and if i am wrong somewhere pleople please correct me cos i am always learning and willing to learn

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

really still get surge even with standard pump in the standard car.... thats a pretty bad design then ... i dont notice the surge tho.. like if i floor it i still get full power not some cut off...

is the fuel pump like sucking the fuel from the wrong place in the tank or something meaning under acceleration it does this... never knew about surge but i would have thought by the ba's they would have sorted out fuel flow and that sort of thing....

becuz outlaying over 1k just to make the fuel get to the injectors is a pretty big spend... are surge tanks really 800+
makes me wonder if holden ever had this problem...

but is the surge tank a complete differnt unit to the fuel pump so you can still put a tough fuel pump in, but no surge tank...

well its standard except for a pod filter... and my exhaust is half done... from just infront of the diff to the tips is done in twin 2.5'' but before that is the factory upgraded system which is twin 2.25, still need to upgrade that to the full 2.5 and need high flow cat and 4inch dump....

becuz i would liek somewhere around 300kw but not too spend all un needed money on it... some ppl just tell me get a tune and pump and injectors and intercooler kit and ill have over 300... like they dont say to get valve springs or surge tank or any of the small things that actually cost a fair bit.... but yet i hear its soo easy to pull power from a xr6t which i am certain of... just so much to upgrade on it :(

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
really still get surge even with standard pump in the standard car.... thats a pretty bad design then ... i dont notice the surge tho.. like if i floor it i still get full power not some cut off...

is the fuel pump like sucking the fuel from the wrong place in the tank or something meaning under acceleration it does this... never knew about surge but i would have thought by the ba's they would have sorted out fuel flow and that sort of thing....

becuz outlaying over 1k just to make the fuel get to the injectors is a pretty big spend... are surge tanks really 800+
makes me wonder if holden ever had this problem...

but is the surge tank a complete differnt unit to the fuel pump so you can still put a tough fuel pump in, but no surge tank...

well its standard except for a pod filter... and my exhaust is half done... from just infront of the diff to the tips is done in twin 2.5'' but before that is the factory upgraded system which is twin 2.25, still need to upgrade that to the full 2.5 and need high flow cat and 4inch dump....

becuz i would liek somewhere around 300kw but not too spend all un needed money on it... some ppl just tell me get a tune and pump and injectors and intercooler kit and ill have over 300... like they dont say to get valve springs or surge tank or any of the small things that actually cost a fair bit.... but yet i hear its soo easy to pull power from a xr6t which i am certain of... just so much to upgrade on it :(

Theu surge is only a problem once you start getting more power, so if your car is stock or pretty much stock you will more then likely not notice it hence why its still a problem cos y would ford spend the money fixing a problem to their cars that doesnt affect a stock (warrenty covered) car??? You undersstand???

Yea mate you can still put just a after market intank fuel pump like the one i have for sale, Walbro 044, and dont need a surge tank. It will make the power that you need just be careful with low fuel.

If you want 300rwkw and its a BA then you need the following, in no order but you will need them all;
1. Valve Springs
2. Exhaust/ slight exhaust mods, like your own, they should do
3. Injectors
4. Fuel pump
5. CAI/bigger front mount
6. MORE BOOST!!!

now this will more then liekly get you the 300rwkw BUT it is a fairly inefficent system.

Also once you have 300 you will need to upgrade your clutch and if its a Mk1 then you will need to be careful of your actual gearbox because unlike the BA XR8's it has the same T5 5-speed manual that was used all the way back to EB0-ED's. The XR8's got a slightly beefier 5-speed

Hope this is helping amte

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next