BA XR6 turbo, traction control cutting when not ment to 

Page 4 of 5 [ 61 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: BA XR6 turbo, traction control cutting when not ment to
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

ohh okay so around the 300kw mark i probs wont need a surge tank you rekon?

but your right why would ford spend extra money fixing a problem that only occurs when you do it up, but for stock its fine...

would you possibly sell the pump you got by itself? and it is brand new isnt it? not used before?

so only when im running low fuel will the fuel surge.. so if i got no surge tank ill just keep it above 1 quarter....

gee thats a big list of mods i think you could get 300 without the intercooler... suposebly with no mods and standard just a tune i can get 260... i know once u get to 290 u need valve springs and injectors help heaps n pump.. but to get more boost u need better piping and intercooler or youll blow the stock pipes off, easily with the list you put there that could see you through to almost 400kw

yer my clutch is already on its way out since i got 100 thou kms, and yer my gearbox seems fine atm tho, but that sucks that the xr8s get the good box and i get the old one from like a EB lol, maybe i can get mine reconditioned stronger? or just put another t5 in it when this one goes? or then a standard t5 will just break again? ill need to put maybe a t56 in or something?

your helping a lot mate thanks heaps you know your stuff

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
ohh okay so around the 300kw mark i probs wont need a surge tank you rekon?

but your right why would ford spend extra money fixing a problem that only occurs when you do it up, but for stock its fine...

would you possibly sell the pump you got by itself? and it is brand new isnt it? not used before?

so only when im running low fuel will the fuel surge.. so if i got no surge tank ill just keep it above 1 quarter....

gee thats a big list of mods i think you could get 300 without the intercooler... suposebly with no mods and standard just a tune i can get 260... i know once u get to 290 u need valve springs and injectors help heaps n pump.. but to get more boost u need better piping and intercooler or youll blow the stock pipes off, easily with the list you put there that could see you through to almost 400kw

yer my clutch is already on its way out since i got 100 thou kms, and yer my gearbox seems fine atm tho, but that sucks that the xr8s get the good box and i get the old one from like a EB lol, maybe i can get mine reconditioned stronger? or just put another t5 in it when this one goes? or then a standard t5 will just break again? ill need to put maybe a t56 in or something?

your helping a lot mate thanks heaps you know your stuff

Nah at 300 you wont NEED a surge tank but it will always help. It does work more effectly then just a intank pump and it also means you can then take your car to the track and not worry about it and or the drag strip.
But yea once you start getting more power then dont push the car once its only got about 1/3 of a tank.

I will sell you the pump if you want mate i dont mind. It has never been used at all. Its still in the box.

Hmmm i dont know who told you that but will just a tune up to say 10psi you will definatly NOT get 260.
Put it this way, i had my old sedan, i had center muffler removed, 42lb injectors, a larger front mount and valve springs and i got 270rwkw with an auto.
My mate has the same thing minus the front mount and he got 262rwkw with a 6-speed manual.

You have a Mk1 so really, you need injectors to get above 250ishrwkw and at this stage you WILL DEFINATLY need valve springs, i mean definatly cos you have over 100,000k's on it.
You dont NEED a pump persay until around and over 270-280 mark but that will be at the limit of the stock pump. So thats were u just fit a simple intank one into it.
If you want abouve 280ish then you will need some exhaust work.

Now the gearbox, you can just put another T5 into it but really it wont be worth it in the long run cos you are just going to break it again and again and again. You would most definatly be better off in the long term getting a T56 fitted to it and a larger/stronger clutch.

No worries mate i am here to help, i have been though and studied it all and even worked at Ford for a couple yrs when they 1st came out so i have got a bit of insight into how it all works and i am more then happy to help anyone out/give my 2cents to anyone that will listen

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

okay sweet so ill def not give it too much when im under 1/3 of a tank dont wana root anything

yer the pump sounds great im gonna need it in future so might aswell buy it now

yer the dyno guy told me that, when he dynoed mine at 5psi making 220kw he rekons up mine to 7psi and ill have about 260, but i admit that seems just a bit too easy to pull power, and he also said thats when i get my exhaust finished like 4 inch dump and high flow cat, but it seems right you need front mount n stuff, i also wana get all shorter n bigger piping and short air intake either the under bumper intake or the one thats in the place of the battery and replace batter with a smaller deep cycle one... and its a 4inch pod goin to the turbo with a short as pipe

but valve springs only you rekon when im making 260+ or even right now i should get em?

but i think im gonna make a good decision and get 60lb injectors, so ill never need to upgrade again

yer i thought so about the t5 will just keep goin thru em, i spose a t56 cant be too hard to source and not too much money i think..., should bolt straight in?

and yer my clutch already starting to go, when i try and get a good launch just get slip

soon hopefully my old car sells, its on carsales now, then ill be cashed up :)

thanks mate, how much for the pump?

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
okay sweet so ill def not give it too much when im under 1/3 of a tank dont wana root anything

yer the pump sounds great im gonna need it in future so might aswell buy it now

yer the dyno guy told me that, when he dynoed mine at 5psi making 220kw he rekons up mine to 7psi and ill have about 260, but i admit that seems just a bit too easy to pull power, and he also said thats when i get my exhaust finished like 4 inch dump and high flow cat, but it seems right you need front mount n stuff, i also wana get all shorter n bigger piping and short air intake either the under bumper intake or the one thats in the place of the battery and replace batter with a smaller deep cycle one... and its a 4inch pod goin to the turbo with a short as pipe

but valve springs only you rekon when im making 260+ or even right now i should get em?

but i think im gonna make a good decision and get 60lb injectors, so ill never need to upgrade again

yer i thought so about the t5 will just keep goin thru em, i spose a t56 cant be too hard to source and not too much money i think..., should bolt straight in?

and yer my clutch already starting to go, when i try and get a good launch just get slip

soon hopefully my old car sells, its on carsales now, then ill be cashed up :)

thanks mate, how much for the pump?

Mate 220rwkw for a standard XR6T AND only on 5psi is f**k high. i would be watching out that his power figures are not been generous.

umm 100 for the pump i think is about right?

Yea i would get valve springs before/at the same time as getting the Injectors and tune.

Umm i unfortantly dont know much about the 5-6speed convertion. i would think these days with every XR6T and XR8 and all FPV's been fitted with the 6-speeds for a while now it should be alot cheaper and easier to do then it used to be

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU XR6

VIC, Australia

my ba started this problem today.. looks like im up for some new coils...

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU XR6

VIC, Australia

i tried some coils today still does the same thing hits 3500 4000 BBBRRRRRRRRRR cuts out, anyone else had the drama /?

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Mate 220rwkw for a standard XR6T AND only on 5psi is f**k high. i would be watching out that his power figures are not been generous.

umm 100 for the pump i think is about right?

Yea i would get valve springs before/at the same time as getting the Injectors and tune.

Umm i unfortantly dont know much about the 5-6speed convertion. i would think these days with every XR6T and XR8 and all FPV's been fitted with the 6-speeds for a while now it should be alot cheaper and easier to do then it used to be[/quote]

yer i rekon 220 does seem a bit high for only 5 psi... considering standard they have like 245 at the flywheel...

but yer 100 does sound about right, does it come with all the right connections and wiring and brackets n stuff?

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

turboef wrote:
i tried some coils today still does the same thing hits 3500 4000 BBBRRRRRRRRRR cuts out, anyone else had the drama /?

yer i had that drama until the spark plugs were replaced aswel, i actually found new plugs made more differnce then the new coils did.

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: laser

WA, Australia

im having the same problem with my ba with boost cut, so replacing 6 coils def fixed it?? and what hose did you say was split?

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

Boost cut could be a number of problems.

I know i have had these and some mates that have:

fuel Filter full of rubbish, spark plugs burnt out, coil packs died, blocked cat, Stock air box pipe sucking itself together no ring inside, crap batch of fuel, intercooler piping comes off, actuator shat itself, slip in a intercooler pipe.

Thats all i can think of now..

Cheers

Pete

EDITED BY MOD, ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED IN SIG. PLEASE REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA Mkii XR6 Turbo 2005

VIC, Australia

I'm having the same problem with my completely stock BA Xr6 turbo 2005 model, it doesn't constantly happen but its like it cuts out and drops about half a g in revs and cuts back in.. its very annoying and cannot help but feel embarrassed cruising past someone when it happens lol. And i'm hearing it only usually has the problem with the coils/plugs roughly after 100K and my car has only roughly 50k, would that then come under a factory warranty?

also i should add in the morning when i start it up i hear a spring release which i'm guessing is the valve springs is that normal?

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

Spring release, can you explain more i dont understand??

Have you changed your fuel filter?

Mate if you have warranty, id go to ford and have them sort it out but if you dont then ask away mate..

Cheers

Pete

EDITED BY MOD, ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED IN SIG. PLEASE REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 ford falcon xr6 turbo

QLD, Australia

Sorry to bring back a rather old thread. But I just have a couple questions on this.
When your car would do it, would it pop constantly after 3000rpm or just the 'brrr' for about a second then loss of power?

My car is doin the same thing lukeyxr6t said but only pops for a second when I get up it.
The coils an plugs will deffiently fix this ?

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Nahh it done it constantly mate, all the way up to max rpm, from 3000, but only when you gave it full piss, otherwise it would just cruise. but loss of power as soon as it makes the brrrr sound, but not sure of your problem only doing it for a second ay... so it does it then stop again while your foot is still flat? yep coils and plugs deffs will, speak of the devil, mines starting to do it again, but not so bad, only has happened like twice in the last fortnight, and it seems when im in 4th gear, and i wana get up to speed a bit more, and it just does it a bit but then i back off and go again and its fine, so id say my coils are near due again, but still going alright in the mean time.

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 04 XR6 TURBO

TAS, Australia

G'day I've just brought a second hand ba xr6 turbo mk2 and is having what I think is the same problem with the engine dropping cylinders when given a boot full.
I've just replaced the fuel filter and ignition coils. Not plugs though. Not sure how to tell about the lines going to the turbo that was mentiond. Any idea how to stop this from happening. Has anyone else figured out how to stop this ? Can reach me on my email. Samuel.mclachlan@y7mail.com. Any help would be muchly appreciates

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next