Fordmods Logo

ED turbo project. Up and running....New pictures. 

 

Page 4 of 10 [ 147 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

 
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 379

Joined: 28th Feb 2005

Location: Meekathara
WA, Australia

Can you keep the bottom end stock with this kit. I know the compression is a bit high but with low boost can you get away without pulling the motor apart. I want one!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:57 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 66

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EA Turbo

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

MO wrote:
Can you keep the bottom end stock with this kit. I know the compression is a bit high but with low boost can you get away without pulling the motor apart. I want one!

Yeah mate, I know of a couple of cars which are running standard engines...and are still running around 200rwkw on low boost (under 10psi).

 

_________________

EA Falcon S Sprint
Snort Performance Custom Turbo Setup
340rwkw on 13psi...tuned by CVE

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2772

Joined: 27th Jan 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

Location: Mackay, Far North New South Wales.
QLD, Australia

maddog your entitled to your opinion but I think your off the mark. Ive bought after market extractors (genies) for my old XD that didnt fit and I was given the run around big time. Here is a guy trying to support a market that has been neglected and your trying to shoot him down before he even gets off the ground. With knockers like yourself its no wonder there is little after market support fot i6 ford engines (although due to people like Geoff, JMM and ITS performance that is starting to change). And dont forget were not talking about a genuine off the shelf part from the OEM, were talking small volume hand made kits and without the luxury of my car to work with Im not going to give Geoff a floggin over this. First you were saying he'd better replace the manifold because of this, now that hes agreed to do that (without being prompted mind you) you still insist its not good enough. Well I guess the old saying is correct. There is no pleasing some people.

 

_________________

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 9

Joined: 19th Dec 2004

Location: albury
NSW, Australia

thanks again guys for your support!!!!! maddog your a tossa!!!, this system was the last of our old kits which has been fitted to the same model car but in a ute not sedan and yes i will take full resposabilaty for not taking notice of the location of the water overflow bottle in this instance,, but yes these turbo kits were and have been custom made to suit each application,and as you have pointed out this can be a tedious and time consuming for both partys involved!! but as most people here are aware i never let the customer down regardless,seton005 will only benifit from this experiance as he will take delivery of our new stage 4 turbo system which whilst you have been wasting your time bagging out our products we have been busy developing our systems to a much higher level , our new turbo kits have been fully jigged and many hours of development have gone into the final result, i again challage you here to show us here a better built system by you or even anyone else for that matter,, seton005 will provide you all here with the photos of our new setup when he gets it so that will give you about a week to go back into your hole before i finally put you out of your misary, :lol: :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:41 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2799

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

1)I wanna subscribe to the thread.
and
2)Critisism is everywhere, you can't stop it. I think its great that there if become alot more aftermarket support for the i6. Keep it up. Bond007 doing a great job, and Im now saving for one of your kits.



Cheers

 

_________________

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:22 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1960

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

Location: Under the flight path of incoming packpackers
NSW, Australia

Take it from me, the kits is SO SO much easier than stuffing about making manifolds, friiggin around at enzed with oil lines, going to and from exhaust shops ect... I would have saved weeks of mucking about.

A good decision has being made here to buy a kit
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 474

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA

Location: SYD
NSW, Australia

Just checked out the Stage 4 kit and I must say I'm impressed with it. Looks like great value. The new exhaust manifold is great piece of work, much better than the old. Kudos to you blokes @ Snort Performance.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 48

Joined: 28th Nov 2004

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Your just learning at other peoples expenses. The manifold pictured in this thread is a complete mistake. Its simply designed all wrong and your selling your these rejects to guys who have no ideas.

Its real easy to please someone who knows little about the subject. I hope the next version on your manifold is better so that something positive can be said about it.

IMO the less pictures of your current manifold on the net, the better it will be for youself.

And lets make one thing clear, I am not knocking you personally as I see you are trying to rectify the matter. I am only knocking the design of the pictured manifold. Comments like "your a tosser" will be reported to the forum admin in the future. They are not called for and very unprofessional




bond007 wrote:
thanks again guys for your support!!!!! maddog your a tossa!!!, this system was the last of our old kits which has been fitted to the same model car but in a ute not sedan and yes i will take full resposabilaty for not taking notice of the location of the water overflow bottle in this instance,, but yes these turbo kits were and have been custom made to suit each application,and as you have pointed out this can be a tedious and time consuming for both partys involved!! but as most people here are aware i never let the customer down regardless,seton005 will only benifit from this experiance as he will take delivery of our new stage 4 turbo system which whilst you have been wasting your time bagging out our products we have been busy developing our systems to a much higher level , our new turbo kits have been fully jigged and many hours of development have gone into the final result, i again challage you here to show us here a better built system by you or even anyone else for that matter,, seton005 will provide you all here with the photos of our new setup when he gets it so that will give you about a week to go back into your hole before i finally put you out of your misary, :lol: :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:58 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

maddog wrote:
Comments like "your a tosser" will be reported to the forum admin in the future. They are not called for and very unprofessional


Dont bother, admin agrees with Bond007.

Seriously, you just sound like someone who can't afford one of his kits and you feel the need to put down the kits, and the people who have purchased them.

I'm sure they will perform their function in the market place very well once these little issues are sorted out, and it seems that there is no question about Geoff being willing to rectify any issues, and I would assume it would be at his expense.

If you think you can do better, contact me about advertising your own kits on Fordmods.

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 9

Joined: 19th Dec 2004

Location: albury
NSW, Australia

maddog i think that people here can read what you think about our systems and to be honest dont care!!! again you have your hand on it we have already said YOUR THE BEST MATE
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 379

Joined: 28th Feb 2005

Location: Meekathara
WA, Australia

What are your qualifications Maddog? YOu seem to know better than everyone else.
How much does your kit sell for?
How many turbo setups have you arranged?
Perhaps you could run your kit against the one in question - dyno comp.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2833

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Lincoln LS, MKII Escort, ED

Location: geelong
VIC, Australia

i think bond007 and maddog should both send me one of their kits for some "independant product testing"
- and if maddog doesnt have a kit to supply he should shut his face.

 

_________________

Because i can.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 812

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Ride: xr6t

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

couldn't agree more

 

_________________

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2772

Joined: 27th Jan 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

Location: Mackay, Far North New South Wales.
QLD, Australia

maddog wrote:
Your just learning at other peoples expenses. The manifold pictured in this thread is a complete mistake. Its simply designed all wrong and your selling your these rejects to guys who have no ideas.

Its real easy to please someone who knows little about the subject. I hope the next version on your manifold is better so that something positive can be said about it.
Just on that point about guys not having any idea I thought Id give you a bit of background. I am a diesel mechanic with nearly 10 years experience (most of that time spent working on heavy duty turbo engines) and I am here to tell you there is nothing wrong with the original design. The new one is alot better Ill admit but the difference on an application such as mine will be negligable (ie stuff all difference). You keep saying that these kits are designed all wrong but never give an explanation why. Is it because you dont know and your just knocking them because you cant afford one or are in competition with Geoff?

 

_________________

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

JOSE wrote:
i think bond007 and maddog should both send me one of their kits for some "independant product testing"
- and if maddog doesnt have a kit to supply he should shut his face.

i think that they should send me one in fairness...just incase you get a dud one :P

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 10  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:25 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names