Fordmods Logo

Positive Displacement Charger question 

Page 13 of 16 [ 234 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

badcooky wrote:
A daily driver that won't overheat in traffic or on a hot day,big long torque curve,seamless power from the get go,something under the bonnet that you can show your friends that you don't have to show where it is,no plumbing to the unit that can s**t itself,a cool noise that sets it apart from everyone elses terdbo,uniqueness of set up as i have some ideas like plumbing air conditioning through the Super gearbox,and finally something that can run a 70K FPV something or other as it's already done this without dyno time to sort out and fine tune the system as it's on the GENERIC edit tune that came with the Raptor kit.
Turbo fit the bill? No way on earth,don't get me wrong terdbo's are wicked but you have to drive them wicked i know i've had a few.
They basically saved the diesel from going the way of the Dodo and for a younger bloke they're great but for me i need what this guy at Raptor said it would do and it did it damn well.
I rang dealers for every brand of forced induction in Australia and OS for a unit to fit my needs and i'm a very happy little monkey to have stumbled across this set up..
Feel free to sqeak up my friend.

Couldn't have said it better Cooky!

I've been trawling through all the options myself ...and am 99% certain to follow Cooky's path.

I'm personally a bit tired of all these people saying that Turbo is BETTER than a Supercharger.

They each have their pros and cons, the BEST option is the one that personally suits YOU, what YOU are prepared to put up with in terms of cost, installation, and ongoing reliability ...and how YOU ultimately want YOUR car to drive and perform.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

And that goes for PD vs Centri Blowers too.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:14 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

I know that badcooky is only trying to show how his version of 'boost' works etc but half of the s**t he's previously said is just plain wrong....

Im not gonna continue to argue the merits of turbo v charger, each to there own.....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

You have an awesome Turbo set-up Matt, you did it properly, and I'm really happy for you ...as you must know.

I'm not biased towards Turbo OR Supercharger ...it's a matter of doing the research, weighing up the pros and cons ...and going with the boost option that best suits your individual needs.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Nah man, S/C is the best. terdbos will never break a top-fuel quarter mile record! LOL

I thought this debate about turbo V's S/C was over. why are you guys being so persistent about it.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:40 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

turbos work really well on high fast rev motors with close ratio boxes to keep em on the power curve, dont think that includes any falcon i6 ever made

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:41 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
turbos work really well on high fast rev motors with close ratio boxes to keep em on the power curve, dont think that includes any falcon i6 ever made

:shock:
Which is why turbo diesels don't work so well, oh, and also why the XR6T was a complete failure...
Funny how the quickest 4Ls are all turbocharged...

Maybe Mikes Dyno Tuning will put a Raptor on Jetsons EA to get him deeper into the 9s LOL

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
I thought this debate about turbo V's S/C was over. why are you guys being so persistent about it.
I think its probably because guys that have posted f**k all on here, have come on slagging turbo's all because these Raptor blowers have come on the market.  Guys on here are also on Street Commodores, and have seen how bad they pushed the Raptor blowers on there.  Then these newbies come on posting s**t which isnt true and then have people trying to back them up.  I mean do whatever the f**k you want to do with your car, but everyone can have an opinion, its just seems that when some guys post a lot of crap about Turdbo's being s**t and not working, they cant back up their claims.  Then someone like yourself has to come on saying how 'us' turbo guys are bringing s**t up.its public forum, we can say what we like, but why does everyone supporting these Raptor blowers have to talk s**t.To me, 'someone who actually owns a blown car' its frustrating to read newbies post s**t about 'turdbo's' being no good, and not working well, then say the sun shines out of these raptor blowers a***.  When to me, is hard to do, when to me, they seem unproven yet...I'm not buying either one of them, but i can still have my opinion like everyone else.  Whether we agree on things doesn't really matter, but i'm not trying to shove my praise for unproven gear down people's throats.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

LOL, theres nothing wrong with turbos or S/C. but the twins or roots are still the best!
the centri are slowly making their make. sooner or later, they will be replacing turdbo altogether as product development progresses. take the pro-charger F-3R-139 for instance, thats a 2700hp 4000CFM with a max speed of 55000rpm. a turbo could never blow 1/2 that amount of air at that speed. ROFL

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

A big single might not flow that much but a pair of turbo's could easily match that flow rate.

Heres a test for you all. Take 3 cars, each with a well sorted forced induction setup. PD blower, centri blower and turbo. But all with perfectly matched drivelines (all auto's with spot on torgue converters and diff gears). Then have all of the boost gauges and tachometers taped up as those 2 gauges would give the game away. The only form of instrumentation allowed would be a simple shift light and/or speedo.
Put in a set of ear plugs so you can't hear what's what.

Now drive each car you stole it and I bet a good 80% of you would not be able to pick what form of forced induction was used in each car unless you had some form of reference as to what the engine is doing (i.e. tacho and boost gauge). Each system should be just as good as the rest provided the driveline is perfectly matched to the torque delivery of the engine.

Anyone keen to take me up on this and prove me wrong?

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

Slick wrote:
LOL, theres nothing wrong with turbos or S/C. but the twins or roots are still the best!
the centri are slowly making their make. sooner or later, they will be replacing turdbo altogether as product development progresses. take the pro-charger F-3R-139 for instance, thats a 2700hp 4000CFM with a max speed of 55000rpm. a turbo could never blow 1/2 that amount of air at that speed. ROFL

replace the turbo altogether? You'd have to be a halfwit......

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Are prochargers linear in their boost response or can they provide a certain amount of boost from a low rpm like a turbo can?

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

A procharger is what you would call a vortech on steroids.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Considering the pro-charger F-3R-139 makes 45psi at max boost. but with the new antonov drive hitting the market, it'll boost as soon as you turn your ignition on :lol: they're are talking about a particular hummer going into production with antonov S/C??? drives because it was useless to go turdbo with that amount of weight.

Don't get me wrong, that charger above will only suit high end application more. you'll need a high rev engine to use the max boost. but who would be crazy enough to drive that on a day to day basis.

LOL, why go fishing when you can do it from the comfort of home! :lol:

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:24 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Priestly007 wrote:
Slick wrote:

replace the turbo altogether? You'd have to be a halfwit......

He is.
The funny thing is he thinks he's "fishing".

Fishing is reeling people in with carefully disguised s**t, and it's an art form.
What you are doing Slick, is the spastic ramblings off a f**k moron.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 16  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next