Fordmods Logo

So I want to turbo my falcon but I've got more questions... 

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
MoNGooSE wrote:
Dansedgli wrote:
Make it quiet.

Haha... yeh that's helpful... What's the point in having a turbo if you can't show it off! Sadly, I'm not one for the Sleeper look.

So you do want the turbo for wanky ricer reasons.

Someone picked you up on that before didnt they? :roll:

I'm not talking loud as in BOV loud. Thats f**k gay as. I'm talking loud exhaust, nice note. I get enough attention from coppers as it is with the full sports system on a N/A motor. The added noise of a turbo whine, BOV and louder exhaust note will only make it worse.

Besides, how is that at all helpful to this thread?! Once again, keep your goddamn a*** comments to yourself unless they are actually constructive and helpful in some way.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

bear in mind an engine with 280000km on it could well be getting old, so although the engine should stand up to the extra horses just keep in mind that it could be well worn already.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeh, that's why I asked th question of building up a motor outside the car. Upside to that is that my car is off the road for a shorter time and I get more time to build the setup... But downside to doing that is that it gives me more time to give up...

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
I'm not talking loud as in BOV loud. Thats f**k gay as. I'm talking loud exhaust, nice note. I get enough attention from coppers as it is with the full sports system on a N/A motor. The added noise of a turbo whine, BOV and louder exhaust note will only make it worse.

Besides, how is that at all helpful to this thread?! Once again, keep your goddamn a*** comments to yourself unless they are actually constructive and helpful in some way.

Turbo Whine? Ive had 3 turbo falcons, the only whining was from the passenger seat.

The exhaust doesn't need to be louder. Adding the turbo to the exhaust system you have now will make it quieter. BOV's and turbos dont need to be loud either. Add an airbox and plumb back BOV and it wont be noisy at all.

Insulting people isnt going to get you far. Luckily all these questions have been asked a million times before so you dont really need anyone's help.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Thanks for all the help buddy...

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

man just listen to the people that have had experience, and don't wary about the others.

don't bother with that cappa powerdyne stuff.

imo save at least 10k and do it right,

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:04 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

just do it once and not ten times, so spend the extra$$$$ and you will save ur self from head Fu^Ks...... like my manifold is warped and im gonna have to pull it off on week end and get it machined....... so do the job properly and spend the money once $$$$even if it take a yr to save...

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Thanks guys.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
MoNGoose, I notice people like to attack younger people such as yourself and its happenned in the past simply because they have stupid ideas or no idea whats goin on. You on the other hand, as I have observed since you joined do know what you are on about and deserve more credit so I hope twr7cx will lay off you. Don't take it personally, you'll be the one laughing when you've got the car nice and boosted :).

I've got no beef with him being young - he's only 3 years off my age, 4 in 10 days time! ;-)
But when I've provided a very good argument re the advantages of a Capa kit and the response is some crap about him just loving turbos (despite the fact that it would seem that he's never owned one previously) - to me it gives a strong time waster impression - or at least that he's not actually interested in hearing anything that doesn't confirm what he's actually wanting to hear... anyways, his car, his money (or lack of it), his choice.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
Also, where do I look for things like injectors, fuel pumps, ECU's in SA?

Again, CAPA would probably be the best in SA for this stuff. They've got a s**t load of experience regarding boost - think about it for a second, they produce all these supercharger kits, they also do a s**t load of turbo stuff, and the flash tuners for BA's etc. Maybe you should check out there site, might answer some of your questions...

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
But also, how do you go about registering the car after a turbo build? Being a P plater with a loud car will get me pulled over and defected sooner or later...

Going on from this - have you got some insurance quotes for your car once it's turbo'd. It might end up costing you more than the turbo itself.

Also as someone said above, have you considered selling your car and buying one somebody has already done? There's a turbo EB or ED or something on here asking 7 grand - which is about what you'll end up paying - so your getting the car and stereo for free in one way of looking at it...

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Once again... thanks for the smart a*** comments and stating the obvious. So far you have managed to put up the most posts in this thread without actually answering my questions. All you've done is put me down, basically call me an idiot for even thinking of doing it and promoted your love for superchargers. I've checked out Capa's site many many times, I've also checked out my mate's AU III XR6 with a Powerdyne kit fitted. I just don't like them. My car, my money ("or lack of it") my choice.

Last edited by MoNGooSE on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
Yeh, that's why I asked th question of building up a motor outside the car. Upside to that is that my car is off the road for a shorter time and I get more time to build the setup... But downside to doing that is that it gives me more time to give up...

I wouldn't bother - this is my personal opinion as I have no problem flogging motors and reguarly toping up oil. From what I've seen lately you can get falcon engines for as cheap as $100 second hand now (4.0L I6 SOHC). Worst case is when your donk goes you get another one for dirt cheap. If your only putting low boost it shouldn't be putting much more strain on it - driving style dependent of course...

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
Once again... thanks for the smart a*** comments and stating the obvious. So far you have managed to put up the most posts in this thread without actually answering my questions. All you've done is put me down, basically call me an idiot for even thinking of doing it and promoted your love for superchargers. I've checked out Capa's site many many times, I've also checked out my mate's AU III XR6 with a Powerdyne kit fitted. I just don't like them. My car, my money ("or lack of it") my choice.

Seriously man, get over it, how do you cop at school if you cannot handle a couple of smart a*** comments - thats life, now go and take off your skirt, dry your eyes (yes., that's another comment). If you look beyond them, there's plenty of answers to.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

You're a f**k wit man. Leave me alone, I have not deserved any of the s**t you have given me.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next