Fordmods Logo

turbo EA project 

Page 4 of 10 [ 137 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Post subject: turbo ea
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: NEW MACHINE 323i GOES HELL FAST

Power: 169 rwkw

SA, Australia

well it looks good still a bit needs to be done it will be worth the troubleall i say is "watch out the way jap crap" :lol:

eb 4.0 falcon & f150 351 & caprice 5.0

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Well today I noticed that one of the intercooler pipes had come off so lasts nights test run was without any boost going into the motor... so that explains why it didnt feel different from stock.
So, I fixed the hose by making a new pipe an inch longer and that has fixed that prob... and all I can say now is... farrrk yeah! This thing rocks now, and that is still with stok injectors pump and ecu!
This turbo is great, theres real lag, it starts spooling at 2000 and goes nuts at 2500 and over, and thats on quarter throttle.
im accually suprised how much boost can be put into the motor befor it seriously leans, I had full throttle in first taking off and it spooled at 2000 then shot up to 3500 where the AR gauge flicked as far into the lean side and i snapped off the throttle... we have boost!
I installed the 550cc injectors but the motor wouldnt start, so they are either rooted or the eec wont drive them... I'll have them tested as they are high impedence as are the ford injectors, which is why i thought they would work.
The manifold seems to be holding up ok ( for now) and isnt leaking. Although there is a leak around the 02 sensors welds so I'll weld that tomorow.

So far so good, cant wait till I put the Wolf, pump and injectors in, should be doing that next weekend :D

Last edited by CHEF on Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:21 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

so what kind of boost were u running?

u reckon the standard computer and ijectors and stuff would be fine for a small amount of boost as long as you werent looking for heaps of power increase?

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Great work Chef. Yeah the 550cc injectors (s**t, that's about 50lb, yeah?) probably wont get the engine to idle unless you have the EEC tuned to run them... or better yet - the wolf :D

Standard computer/inj will be OK for a small amount of boost but i'd seriously recommend knocking some advance out of the dizzy... it'd be a shame to turn that block into swiss cheese. But I gather that's a wideband oxy? Should provide some comfort but i'd very wary putting more than 5PSI through her - what do you have in the way of a fuel reg? No point f@rt around with FMU if you've got large injectors and a wolf to go on next week.

Awesome stuff mate - just goes to show you dont need s**t of cash and fancy performance garages. DIY rocks!!!! Have fun out there!!!![/i]

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

psi? dunno as I tried to install the autometer boost guage I bought but one of the conectors didnt seal right so I havnt got it on yet. But, the wastegate has a 10psi spring in it so that is what it will start at... no less :D
Once I have the boost guage in I willhave a good idea of what the spool is like, but the wgate never vented while driving so that sugests to me that I never hit 10psi... plus as soon as boost hit it leaned out big time and I backed off instantly.
You could prob'ly run maybe 4psi on stock ecu/injs but I wouldnt bother... the motor spools a big turbo like this so fast you have no time to control it, so the small injs will max very fast, even on low boost.

I will play with timing tomorow, but Im not boosting until the fuel is improved.
I'll get the 550cc injs tested and if they are ok then I'll put the wolf in and not bugger around with the ecc anymore

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef

NSW, Australia

nice

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

My stock injectors were maxed out on 3psi while running the standard exhaust.

Dont mess around, fix your fuel system before you start breaking things.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Top project! More pics, more updates!!

You've gotta either come around to FordmodsHQ one weekend, or invite us around to have a squizz :)

I'd like to see the Wolf3D in action.. thats one of the few ECU's I haven't seen.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I have a wolf, You can see it at the all ford day if you want. I assume you will be there on sunday. I have the stock looking white EB from the E series club.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dont worrie, I have lots of turbo experience so I wont be flying around leaning the motor out.... being there, done that :?

I'll defianatly get out to the next sydney outing :D

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

We can have Wolf 3D lessons on sunday....lol. I got one, but I've never tried to adjust it yet..

EA Falcon S Sprint
Snort Performance Custom Turbo Setup
340rwkw on 13psi...tuned by CVE

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ill bring the manual.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XF Wagon

VIC, Australia

What a grouse project, ive been following closely as this is what i want to do to my xf.

How much does wolf 3d cost? lso can you run a turbo off wolf 2d and if so how much does it cost? Where do you get em from.

Keep the updates coming.

Cheers

If its too loud your too old!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the 2D is fuel only computer so no point using it with a turbo car.

New Wolf 3D version 4 is around 1200 for the comp, wiring harness and controller... a few sydney places offer them installed tuned and dynoed for $2000... but dont expect them to spend too much time on the dyno, they just do start up mapping and then tune to suit your situation, you gotta start paying by the hour for some serious dyno time... allow another $500 plus

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Heres some pics of the eng bay as it is now, sort of looks factory... sort of

Ive mounted the boost guage next to the trip comp but I think I'll move it to inside the instrument cluster some how... its really too far away from the other gauges. I want to ba able to look at the A/R, tacho and boost at the same time.

Heres the manifold in its final chopped up stage, I had a 2.5in steam pipe flattened a bit to mount a flange on top. I had to do this as the turbo was very close to the strut tower... sits good now
Those little red bits of gasket were my idea of fixing a non flat flange, LOL, didnt work ( suprise suprise ) so I had it decked flat at machine shop who charged me 80 bucks and poked fun at my welds :oops:

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 10  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next