Fordmods Logo

ebay 3inch exhaust 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

Im very shortly converting to v8 and looking into doin di fillipos headers then 2 hi-flow cats and 2.5 due exhaust dumped at the diff with hooker mufflers.

Had a friend set up his simular on a 308 less cats sounded brilliant

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
green car wrote:
My el v8 has a 3 inch manta rear section with no hotdog and a hooker 3 inch muffler and a 3 inch pipe from the front of the muffler up to the y pipe.
Dont do it if you want your car to sound good, the pipe size is too big for a stock motor and sounds very boring and drony(a hotdog would kill the drone).
i was very disappointed when i drove mine after it was installed :( and straight away wished i had just gone 2.5 inch,car was already 3 inch when i got it so i just replaced what was there.
The only comments i have had on the exhaust are "is it a v8?" and "geez its much quieter than what i thought it would be" :cry:
The second comment was by the exhaust fitter.

I have a redback 2.5 from the Y to the centre muffler, then 3 inch all the way through to the back - sounds very beefy- and loud, but in a great way - I wonder why you have the opposite problem?

Its because of the hooker muffler its very quiet,if it had another muffler it would sound totally different, i just think the 3 inch pipe takes away the crackle though.
If i did it again i would just have a lukey 2.5 muffler and rear section with no hotdog, just like my eb v8. It sounds really good.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Just got my exhaust changed to a 2.5 lukey and im much more happy with the sound, alot tighter sound and sounds like a v8 now :D

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Interesting..... I almost traded my EF for an EB2 XR8, which had Pacies into a 3".
It sounded fukkkking horn. Like, holy s**t, it was just meaty and deep enough to vibrate the ground on idle!!!!!
No drone either that I could pick up.

Didnt swap... because it was auto :(

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

That's the sound I'm after: a really bassy but tight and quiet V8 note. How do I get that sound?

I have some Genie extractors ready to go on, still have the stock (2.25 inch?) single system with no rear resonator. Suggestions for a deeper, quieter note? It's droney as hell right now! :shock:

Mike

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:47 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: AU XR6 + EFF XR8

VIC, Australia

A friend bought this particular item and it was 30mm too short. He had to cut just before the muffler and add 30 mm into the pipe to make it fit all snug. Sounds good but drones BAD at 100 Kph. Go a bit over and it sounds sweet :D .... Hope this helps

DUDE, if the tyres aint smok'n then somethings wrong

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2