Fordmods Logo

I6 Out - V8 In, whats required? (for ED) 

 

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: 7th Mar 2007

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

Location: onawhoopwhoop
SA, Australia

Freak6 wrote:
for the 351 you may need to get it enginerred as it has more ci than the come with standard. you will need bigger brakes and will have to pass an imitions test if you want to do it all legally that is.
but that only if you want to get it registered.


Yeah not real keen on going through regentcy, How many ci is the 5L?

 

_________________

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 680

Joined: 20th Sep 2006

Ride: 97 EL Fairmont

Power: 247 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

302 mate

 

_________________

1998 EL XR8 - Opt 20, Explorer Manifold, Pacemaker 4000's, Sunroof, BBQ Fuel

1975 XB Falcon 500 - 351 2V, Toploader, Twin 2.5", Genie headers, Holley 750

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1209

Joined: 28th May 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

302ci is the 5l
351 is a 5.8l

 

_________________

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:37 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 3227

Joined: 12th Feb 2007

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

Location: your mums
NSW, Australia

Freak6 wrote:
302ci is the 5l
351 is a 5.8l

302ci is 4.9

 

_________________

BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1209

Joined: 28th May 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
Freak6 wrote:
302ci is the 5l
351 is a 5.8l

302ci is 4.9


correct but everyone just calls it a 5l

 

_________________

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: 7th Mar 2007

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

Location: onawhoopwhoop
SA, Australia

Ok, cool. . . .everyone :lol:

 

_________________

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

damn a 351c would be mad as heck in an ed if you took the trouble to get it all sorted...

you could call the car the "cleaveland steamer"....

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: 7th Mar 2007

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

Location: onawhoopwhoop
SA, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
damn a 351c would be mad as heck in an ed if you took the trouble to get it all sorted...

you could call the car the "cleaveland steamer"....


Bah hahaha :lol:

More Questions, Are there differences in the XR8 V8's and the Fairmont and fairlane V8's? and what are the 1/4 times compared to the 6's? Faster, Slower?

LOL thats a can of worms! :lol:

 

_________________

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:07 am 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

The only 5.0 engines in EB-EF that had anymore power were the EB-GT and ED sprint(abour 200kw). Then EL-2 had 185kw via explorer intake and EL GT headers and of course the FBT(Fairlane by tickford) and ELGT had basically the same 200kw engine as the EBGT/sprint. Everything else had the stock 5.0 HO @ 165kw. They are quicker than the 4.0's stock but have way more potential to go a lot quicker than the 4.0 with just bolt on's.
You won't need bigger brakes for the 351.
Anyway just put it in an write 5.0 on it and they won't know the difference. A cleveland is also easy to do but a bit more obvious when the bonnet is opened and of course EFI intakes are not readily available although 351W intakes are adaptable with some machine work.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: 7th Mar 2007

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

Location: onawhoopwhoop
SA, Australia

Righteo, cool!

What would I require for a 351 conversion? I would imagen the mounts are different and I would need an aftermarket ECU to run the injectors?

Are there any road legal E-series 351's getting around? :shock:

 

_________________

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1209

Joined: 28th May 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

plenty of 347 stoker e-series getting around.
for the windsor im pretty sure the mount are the same from 302 to 351.
iv been told the k-frame is the same for the EA-ED 6 and 8s.

 

_________________

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:27 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

4LEDboy wrote:
Righteo, cool!

What would I require for a 351 conversion? I would imagen the mounts are different and I would need an aftermarket ECU to run the injectors?

Are there any road legal E-series 351's getting around? :shock:


See my post above about 351W into XE...Mounts on small blocks are all the same and so is the bellhousing pattern. The stock 5.0 EEC will run the 351 just fine in fact it'll run any size engine very well.
Basically everything from a 5.0 will bolt on a 351 except for lower intake, dizzy, and oil pan.
Here's a link to a 351w EB we're doing legally.
http://www.perthfalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=1866
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:40 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Freak6 wrote:
plenty of 347 stoker e-series getting around.
for the windsor im pretty sure the mount are the same from 302 to 351.
iv been told the k-frame is the same for the EA-ED 6 and 8s.


You've been told wrong about the K-frame. For EF-L however they are the same.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: 7th Mar 2007

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

Location: onawhoopwhoop
SA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
4LEDboy wrote:
Righteo, cool!

What would I require for a 351 conversion? I would imagen the mounts are different and I would need an aftermarket ECU to run the injectors?

Are there any road legal E-series 351's getting around? :shock:


See my post above about 351W into XE...Mounts on small blocks are all the same and so is the bellhousing pattern. The stock 5.0 EEC will run the 351 just fine in fact it'll run any size engine very well.
Basically everything from a 5.0 will bolt on a 351 except for lower intake, dizzy, and oil pan.
Here's a link to a 351w EB we're doing legally.
http://www.perthfalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=1866


WOW! thats cool! Its going to be a killer when its finished! I'll keep an eye on that one! :D

 

_________________

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names