Fordmods Logo

XB GT COUPE IN A YARD!!!! 

Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: XB GT COUPE IN A YARD!!!!
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

dazza027 wrote:
tearlejc wrote:
and has no appeal at all, even new. :roll:

I dont agree with this last bit, I think your ego may be running away with you a bit here. I, and many others wouldnt mind owning a G6E turbo... They are just too damned expensive. And, notwithstanding the fact that those motors make more and more power the further you wind the boost, Id say one of those Camry-esque blobs would give your car a f**k good run for its money, what with 300kw and all... so dont be so quick to judge old bean, your car may sound lovely and go like the powers of piss, but those new cars go just as well, at a frag the fuel usage, in more comfort, with the AC on.
And as for AU's, TS50 T3, far tougher than an old jalopy XB, the end.

FG's may in the end be faster, mate, but don't know where you live, in the real world we have speed limits - my car (as well as the ones you mention) can exceed those limits by a considerable margin - if you're not on a race track, that extra bit means very little. Oh, I don't know how many people are going to think an AU is tougher than an XB coupe, either - tougher to look at without hurting your tastebuds, perhaps...At the end of the day, each to their own. I didn't start this by bagging out on new cars, I got called a crackhead for wanting to keep my car and not wanting some cookie cutter special that anyone could go buy. If an FG or an AU is what u want, fine - don't bag my choices out though. Oh, my cars on gas, too - it doesn't chug through fuel like you might think...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

That may be fair and true, and your opinion is valid, but the XB isnt the best looking Ford, or ever will be. The AU is by no means the worst either. As for tough cars, they dont all need to be built before 1979, and they dont all need to handle like a rubbish barge on the Hudson f**k river either. Besides. The XA coupe is far better looking than the XB, however both look way better than the XC.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

IMO the XA/XB/XC arent different enough to say one "looks far better" than the other..
they're all better looking than anything built after the XC

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

What about the XE GRPC racer???

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

this?
if so, this is better
and this is better again
but thats just my opinion

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

dylby1 wrote:
this?
if so, this is better

but thats just my opinion

Saw one a while back all in metallic cherry red lowered to suit the machine finish centrelines deep dish rims. basically it was just a clean look without the two tone finishes, stickers or wings. front looks lower to give it that tough funny car stance... sex on wheels I reckon.
don't really like the look you see quite a lot of these days where you is a street greed X series with it's nose up in the air as if there is no motor in the engine bay.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Slick wrote:
don't really like the look you see quite a lot of these days where you is a street greed X series with it's nose up in the air as if there is no motor in the engine bay.

They actually handle properly when set up like that...

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

XC Cobra was puke on wheels. What a s**t. The XB looked best as a 4 door.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

ide swap my 40K + XY for a mint X series coupe id slap ya fu*#'n silly if you insulted me by asking to swap for some plastic junk...and dazz , you seriously cant even make the comparison in regards to an old school v8 and a G6e turbo
Quote:
notwithstanding the fact that those motors make more and more power the further you wind the boost,
of course they do i mean come on are you serious !!! put a snail on my 393 and keep turning up the boost same thing will happen , thats what boost does lol..........lock this thread you guys are a joke.....

This forum seems to of turned to s**t ........ people here used to have valid conversations and be informed about matters.... to even compare an X series with something newer is a joke, to compare new tech with old i mean come on... people drive these cars for a reason , its to seperate us from the wanker's like you... :D ..............this should get the ball rolling :twisted:

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

You guys are as dumb as dog s**t sometimes.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

At the end of the day enjoy what you have - I just got back from a drive to the shop, enjoyed every second of it. As for arguments between 2 and 4 doors, XA and XB's, they all look nice - I've owned about 6 coupes and a few 4 doors as well as plenty of XR-XY's and a few earlies, they're all fun. Not everybody wants the latest greatest model - my bother has a bright purple BA XR6 that he loves, personally I'm embarrassed to ride in it...but I'd never tell him that, each to their own. He, by the way, had 3 different AU's and a few E series but back in the day had XT's and a nice XA coupe - but not everyone wants to keep going for the next new model...here's a question for you all that think latest is best - what will you do when the new Falcon is a FWD 4 cylinder? That's what they're talking about - undoubtedly it'll be fast, handle and have 23 airbags but not my cup of tea.

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

dazza027 wrote:
XC Cobra was puke on wheels. What a s**t. The XB looked best as a 4 door.

LMFAO :D Enough said lol

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

zc-cruiser wrote:
Slick wrote:

They actually handle properly when set up like that...
I know but it looks s**t. properly set up with decent super heavy duty springs and shocks for the front and you won't have to worry about trying to shift the centre of gravity to the back with it's nose up... ugly f**k I reckon. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Slick wrote:
properly set up with decent super heavy duty springs and shocks for the front and you won't have to worry about trying to shift the centre of gravity to the back with it's nose up... ugly f**k I reckon. :lol:

It's not the CG that is moving by having the nose higher - it's the Roll Centre - the CG of the car will stay put no matter how you adjust the suspension...

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I remember as a teenager, wanting a XB coupe. I had a XB 4dr before my torana, and if I had of been able to get the money could have had a nice XB coupe. At that age tho, could I have taken care of it like it required so that it would be a nice old car now? Could I have afforded to run it? For a while I struggled to run my 6cyl torana on LPG as a student.

I sold the Xb & bought my torana, which I still have now. It's not as nice as I'd like it to be, but it's slowly getting worked on.

Back to the original post, it would be a shame if this coupe just sits in the yard rusting away, but then again it would also be a shame to end up in the hands of someone who couldn't fix it up to it's former glory & keep it that way too. Not saying the OP couldn't or wouldn't, but there is a big learning curve to be had in owning & keeping an old car in good shape. As well as many hours that drag into many years of sacrifice, blood, sweat & tears to get the cool old ride you dream of.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next