Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

NSW, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Yes yes and yes. It has a spool, but spends little if anytime on the road
Brett

thats cause its always broken down, lol.................

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Touche' yobbo, Yes it spends more of its time off the road than on
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: A massive sideways utensil.

NSW, Australia

DAMM im so sick of hearing all this crap about spools. There not that Fu^%*# bad!
All you guys do is criticise!
YES they can be very very dangerous!!
(If your an idiot and cant drive!, you must be able to trust yourself first!)
IF your cars suspension is not set up to handle it
you will, Yes most likley crash it!!
Ive being driving around with a locked diff (3.73:1 minispool) for over 5 years now, 3-4 times a week! and you know what??I love it! the diff hasent complained, i change the oil every 30'000kms.
Ive got good stiff suspension i have also replaced every single bush with nolathane and both swaybars with whiteline units.
I always run 235/4517s nothing any thiner. And yes it chews thru them. But thats the price im willing to pay.
Now i would hate to think what a locked diff would do on thin tyres and standard height soft suspension
you would definatly have an accident!
Besides anyone who would lock the diff in a totally standard car is a total no-brainer.
But whats the value of your own opinion??
maybe you should only give a s**t about that!
Not what any other clown thinks!
Learn from experience, not hear-say.

XR6 conversion, CAI, 3inch intake, modified intake plenum, polished TB, 2.5inch exhaust, modified cat, pwr radiator and expansion tank, BTR, kevlar bands, JMM 3K converter, shiftkit, 3.91, 31spline spool, 31spline billet axel$, Nolathane, RDA golds, Custom interior, genuine GT's

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

wholohan123 wrote:
DAMM im so sick of hearing all this crap about spools. There not that Fu^%*# bad!
Ive being driving around with a locked diff (3.73:1 minispool) for over 5 years now, 3-4 times a week! and you know what??I love it! the diff hasent complained, i change the oil every 30'000kms.
Ive got good stiff suspension i have also replaced every single bush with nolathane and both swaybars with whiteline units.
I always run 235/4517s nothing any thiner. And yes it chews thru them. But thats the price im willing to pay.
Now i would hate to think what a locked diff would do on thin tyres and standard height soft suspension
Besides anyone who would lock the diff in a totally standard car is a total no-brainer.

Mate, i had an ED XR6 with Pacies, 2.5" mandrell bent exhaust, mild cam of unknown origin, manual, 3.45:1 mini-spooled, 235/45ZR17's Pedders suspension (K-Frame sat 82mm off the deck, stiff as, no body roll, stepped out before bodyroll stood a chance) all bushes had been replaced, up rated swaybays etc, it ended up wrapped around a sound barrier. NO 18YR OLD WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE A SPOOLED FALCON CORRECTLY

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
wholohan123 wrote:

Mate, i had an ED XR6 with Pacies, 2.5" mandrell bent exhaust, mild cam of unknown origin, manual, 3.45:1 mini-spooled, 235/45ZR17's Pedders suspension (K-Frame sat 82mm off the deck, stiff as, no body roll, stepped out before bodyroll stood a chance) all bushes had been replaced, up rated swaybays etc, it ended up wrapped around a sound barrier. NO 18YR OLD WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE A SPOOLED FALCON CORRECTLY
sorry mate you can think what you want about me. i believe you cant drive. but what would i know?

XR6 conversion, CAI, 3inch intake, modified intake plenum, polished TB, 2.5inch exhaust, modified cat, pwr radiator and expansion tank, BTR, kevlar bands, JMM 3K converter, shiftkit, 3.91, 31spline spool, 31spline billet axel$, Nolathane, RDA golds, Custom interior, genuine GT's

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

i cant drive either

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

I think it's funny that a 19 year old is bagging out an 18 year old for doing exactly what he did. Seriously, get over yourself.

"NO 18YR OLD WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE A SPOOLED FALCON CORRECTLY"

I'd bet very good money that there are! Just because you couldn't doesn't mean it's impossible.

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well, my spool caused the car to step out this afternoon on the way to the track. WHY, cause it snapped the passenger side axle. Tyre wear is not the only issue. When repairing it, we also pulled the drivers axle, severley damaged, so i am up for new axles as of today.
Brett

Member#1131

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

haggis wrote:
I think it's funny that a 19 year old is bagging out an 18 year old for doing exactly what he did. Seriously, get over yourself.

"NO 18YR OLD WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE A SPOOLED FALCON CORRECTLY"

I'd bet very good money that there are! Just because you couldn't doesn't mean it's impossible.

I'm not bagging him out, i am trying to point him away from the spool to a better suited diff for a street car. And as for anyone being able to handle a spooled falcon correctly, the spool is unpredictable, you never know how far the car will step out until it gets to that point, and it can quite easily turn nasty and become a spin or worse

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:38 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Well, my spool caused the car to step out this afternoon on the way to the track. WHY, cause it snapped the passenger side axle. Tyre wear is not the only issue. When repairing it, we also pulled the drivers axle, severley damaged, so i am up for new axles as of today.
Brett

Strange... after all the abuse ive given my diff with 5 people in the car this hasent happend to me.......yet!
My diff builder said the 28 spline axels in the falcon borgwarner are the same axels the diff shops use in 9 inch conversions.. i think they might be slightly stronger then people give credit for....
Anyway... Brett sorry to hear you broke your diff. Im interested to know if you going to replace the axels with somthing better, stronger units??
Also how many kms did you get in before this happened?

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I got 220000k almost to a tee. Spool went in at 215k. Will replace with stock 28 spliners for now. When cash becomes available a 31spline or 35 spline 3.9 detroit locker 9 inch will be fitted, but at $5500 fitted it will be a while before that happens
Brett

Member#1131

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Wow.. okay.. well im very suprised you got 5000kms out of your axels after fitting the spool.. i dont undrstand my axels have over 340,000kms on them and the diff has being locked for well over 35,000 of those kms and it hasent complained yet it just eats the tyres .... you must flog you car more than me running 295's or somthing :?

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

sorry to hijack thread but its already deviated from the original posts so i think it should be ok :S How do i weld my diff? JKS

I have a skidpan day coming up and was going to get my open wheeler rebuilt as an LSD, but now i am considering getting a lokka because APPARENTLY they are easy to fit and remove, they're strong and they will be alright to drive on the street for small outings (to the track and back). Reason I was thinking of this is because I don't really care about having an open diff for normal driving and if a lokka if that easy to change over I would be very willing to spend time fitting it every time i went to the track (only about once a month) instead of getting an LSD which would inevitably wear out quicker.

So the crux question is are lokka's as quick to fit as they claim. Thanks

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:00 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
I'm not bagging him out, i am trying to point him away from the spool to a better suited diff for a street car. And as for anyone being able to handle a spooled falcon correctly, the spool is unpredictable, you never know how far the car will step out until it gets to that point, and it can quite easily turn nasty and become a spin or worse

If a spool is unpredictable, what the f**k IS predictable?
I think it comes down to this.
"Spools don't crash cars, f**k with spools crash cars".
Just because you couldn't get your head around one, doesn't mean no one else can.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I dont flog my car, but i do have over 600nm of torque available. My base torque with NO gas is 430nm from 3000rpm up to just over 540, and 500 to 650 on gas.
Brett

Member#1131

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next