Fordmods Logo

AU Bent Clutch Pedal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: AU Bent Clutch Pedal
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

This may have been covered in some other thread, but has anyone ever had their clutch pedal bend?
My AUIII clutch pedal is slowly heading towards my foot rest (left) and i seem to be getting less actual stroke on the cable.
I have adjusted cable to just off tight to get more movement but its still a lil crunchier than usual into first. This has been happenin slowly over a week or so, so I cant tell how much I'm imagining things.

If anyone wants to point me somewhere towards a newish pedal box or the dodgiest fix possible?

Cheers

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Yep, your pedal box is damaged. You'll have to fix it, coz it will get worse.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

yeah it needs romoving, straightening and strengthening. your lucky you have an au coz its easy to remove the pedal box from them. E series ppl have to remove whole dash, where in the au it comes out under the dash

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:58 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

sorry to butt in on this however, I had a broken weld on the pedal box on the clutch arm, so pedal box was removed, welded up and put back into the car. Everything works ok, all electrics working, how-ever the headlights are on low beam all the time, even with the key removed. The only way I can stop the lights is by removing either the circuit breaker or the low-beam relay.With the low beam relay removed the lights turn on and off ok, the high beam works on all 4 lights (xr) and parkers work. I swapped a like for like relay into the low beam and still stays on. Have I bumped something or forgot to hook some wires up or an earth for the lights? The dash wasn't removed to get the pedal box out, so the only wires disconnected were the white and orange connectors attached to the pedal box, the cruise control and the brake connectors. When I disconnect the white connecter the lcd dash goes out, the car wont start and the lead lights go out, when reconnect the white connecter everything works and the lights come on. I have also disconnected the light switch to see if that made a difference but it didn't. The only thing I haven't done is check the parkers relay, because I cant find it......any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

Another thing to check at the same time is the firewall where the clutch cable comes through isnt craking. its a lot easier to repair with the pedal box etc removed.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Yeah thanks,
I pulled the pedal box and welded up the two cracks around the pivot pin and put a plate over it all to try and maybe make it last 'til it dies.
I did check the firewall after seeing other threads where the cable has pulled through...

I have had also had to repair a crack in the gutter under the windscreen wipers.
I kept getting wet feet.
Anyone else had this problem in AU's.
I assume this is also because Ford cant design a car to cope with a clutch pedal and a 5 speed... I'm starting to get sick of it..

How good is driveline thump in traffic though. Make's you really feel like you're driving a tractor.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

yea my dads AU ute had the exact same problem with the leak!

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

can you explain the cracked gutter in more detail?? a friend AUIII XR6 does it and it s**t me when i drive it coz its always raining and i end up with a shoe full of water lol

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Ill put a new thing in the body section about leak if you want.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]